New mock draft

berndogg

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mock-draft-version-1

9. Buffalo Bills -- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma: Been here, done that, right, Bills fans? Long searching for the next great quarterback of Western N.Y. -- whether it be Rob Johnson, J.P. Losman or Trent Edwards -- the Bills take another shot at a potential quarterback of the future in Bradford. I'm told his shoulder should be fully healed by Draft Day. We'll know for sure after a few individual workouts. If both Clausen and Bradford are gone, look for Buffalo to scoop up an offensive tackle.

I will be extremely pissed if we draft bradford with McClain and Bulaga still on the board. I know we need to address the qb situation, but Bradford is too big a question mark to take with the #9 overall pick. McClain and Bulaga both looked like they could've been NFL starters in 2009, both are at positions where we have a need, much safer picks in my opinion.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9. Buffalo Bills -- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma: Been here, done that, right, Bills fans? Long searching for the next great quarterback of Western N.Y. -- whether it be Rob Johnson, J.P. Losman or Trent Edwards -- the Bills take another shot at a potential quarterback of the future in Bradford. I'm told his shoulder should be fully healed by Draft Day. We'll know for sure after a few individual workouts. If both Clausen and Bradford are gone, look for Buffalo to scoop up an offensive tackle.

I will be extremely pissed if we draft bradford with McClain and Bulaga still on the board. I know we need to address the qb situation, but Bradford is too big a question mark to take with the #9 overall pick. McClain and Bulaga both looked like they could've been NFL starters in 2009, both are at positions where we have a need, much safer picks in my opinion.

I fully believe that first pick should be a LT....

BUT

I really think there are a lot of ways we can go here......QB IS a need.....so what it really boils down to is Sam Bradford a NFL starting caliber quarterback? AND if you are going to draft him then you need to protect him......

I still think a LT in a trade down is the best possible scenario.

I fully believe that first pick should be a LT....

BUT

I really think there are a lot of ways we can go here......QB IS a need.....so what it really boils down to is Sam Bradford a NFL starting caliber quarterback? AND if you are going to draft him then you need to protect him......

I still think a LT in a trade down is the best possible scenario.

would be great. but you need the right partner for that. OTs will be flying of the board as they usually do. good chance you miss out on any if you trade down too far. and tht can even mean pick 15.

and with our line as it is now a guy like bradford will likely be out for the season on day 1

While I would ideally like to get a legit LT with the #9 pick, I think Bradford is the best QB in the draft and wouldn't mind a bit if we took him (I am not concerned with the shoulder -- it is similar to the Drew Brees injury and we all know how that turned out). Bradford is crazy accurate and has a big arm. Would look good in BLO (but so would McLain).

A trade down option will exist IF someone like Eric Berry or Dez Bryant fall in the draft. Suddenly, the #9 pick could be the target of numerous teams below Buffalo in the draft order. That's how the dynamics of the draft work, supply and demand, so Berry or Bryant create the demand im my opinion. I wouldn't trade down far however, IF I were the Bills braintrust.

While I would ideally like to get a legit LT with the #9 pick, I think Bradford is the best QB in the draft and wouldn't mind a bit if we took him (I am not concerned with the shoulder -- it is similar to the Drew Brees injury and we all know how that turned out). Bradford is crazy accurate and has a big arm. Would look good in BLO (but so would McLain).

If Bradford does drop to us and the only question with him is the injury issue, then the Bills would almost have to draft him. While it's difficult to find a LT, finding franchise QBs are 10 times harder. This team needs a leader and they should draft Bradford if available and sit him on the shelf for a full year. Draft a LT in 2011 and the offense will be fully ready to compete with the big boys for a long time to come. We waited this long, I could wait another year if it meant a long run of playoffs.

!@#$ McClain, we dont' need a god damn LB when we need QB, and both lines first. Getting a LB with the 9th pick = a dumb ass move Donahoe or Marv would pull

And that's why you guys don't have a clue. Our LB corps sucks and got run over. We are about the worst run offense in the league and get scorched by RB's and TE's in the passing game. LB's are a huge need.

Not really. Those 220lb guys do a great job of shedding blocks and stuffing the run. The Bills' D coordinators don't have to resort to tricks like lining 'em up in the gaps instead of placing 'em outside of the DEs to shut down everything outside.

Draft that QB and watch that run defense improve. Oh, and don't worry if Clausen and Bradford are both off the board by then; just take the nest best one.

our biggest need bar none is left OT. Baluga or Anthony Davis will be available. Go for it. There will be tackles available in the second round as well and I wouldn't mind seeing us draft a right tackle in that round. Those picks could be the biggest improvement we could make to the team this year.

i'm sorry the guy looks like a mongoloid. PASS

Are you implying that he originates from East or Southeast Asia, because I highly doubt you are implying that he is suffering from Downs Syndrome because that term is so passé...not to mention archaic and ignorant and offensive.