New mock draft

berndogg

Willis McGahee in Baltimore with a good line...TD FREAKIN MACHINE!!! Go back to football 101.

McGahee in 3 years with the Bills: 3,365 yds 24 td

McGahee in 3 years with the Ravens: 2,422 yds 26 td

Sure, his ypc is up these days, but I'd have to believe that Ray Rice beating the crap out of the defense all game might have a little something to do with that.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Curry was supposedly the best LB prospect in years - better than McClain for sure. Yet it did no good for the Seahawks, either in the win column or the defense overall. Moreover, Hasselback is clearly on the downside of his career, and had a weak season last year. Mora came out recently and said he wanted to take Sanchez. Of course, this simply makes me think that they'll wisely take one of the two top QBs this year ...

Both teams have great offensive lines. Neither team is in the AFC championship game without one!

Only difference is Peyton Manning? Peyton Manning? The sure to be hall of fame, potentially best QB to have ever played the game, Peyton Manning? That's like saying the only difference between the New York Nicks and the Chicago Bulls was Micheal Jordan!!!! The Bulls won with Micheal Jordan so we should draft a shooting guard!!!! QB is VERY important but to use Peyton Manning as your example for why it is more important than offensive line is flawed logic.

If we can draft Peyton Manning or a guy that is likely to be Peyton Manning in 3 years at #9 in the draft, I'm all for it. LOL

Manning's offensive line is most definitely not great - it's a shell of what it used to be, in fact. Neither is San Diego's, for that matter.

Sure, his ypc is up these days, but I'd have to believe that Ray Rice beating the crap out of the defense all game might have a little something to do with that.

Or maybe it's the Ravens Offensive line beating the crap out of the opposing defense. McGahee's numbers improved and he's not even the best RB on the team.

THESE are the real numbers that matter for McGahee in the 3 years with each team:

With Bills 868 carries - 3.8 yd/carry - 1 td every 36.2 carries

With Ravens 537 carries - 4.5 yd/carry - 1td every 20.7 carries

Your stats leave out the all important number of touches per game. When you factor in how many touches he had in both places it is plain to see his game improved DRAMATICALLY. Same RB....different O-line.

NOW!!!!! WHAT WILL REALLY DRIVE MY POINT HOME.....LOOK AT HIS NUMBERS FOR JUST HIS LAST 2 YEARS

Ravens last 2 years 279 carries - 4.3 yd/carry - 1td every 14.7 carries

He improved his yards per carry by over 1/2 yard and his TD production increased by a factor of 2.5x.

Manning's offensive line is most definitely not great - it's a shell of what it used to be, in fact. Neither is San Diego's, for that matter.

Ok. I'm going to be an !@#$. Your opinion is completely 100% useless. Actually it's worse than useless because some idiots might actually believe you. Do yourself a favor.

1) Go to www.nfl.com

2) Hover over stats

3) Click on Offensive line stats

4) Select regular season

NOW! ....Take a look at the #1 ranked offensive line and then repeat after me....I am an idiot....I am an idiot.

Not only is the Colts' line great, THEY ARE NUMBER FREAKIN #!.

I guess we have nothing left to talk about if you are going to make ridiculous statements like that. I'm trying to talk about reality not win an argument here. When you say things like the colts line is not great you don't make yourself look to smart.

But at least I don't resort to insults.

Since Tarik Glenn retired, the Colts have rotated between Ugoh and sixth rounder Charlie Johnson, and neither are very good. Look at their depth chart: Lilja is a serviceable player but nothing more, and Devan is a first year UDFA. Saturday is good, for sure, and Diem is better than average. But 3 of their five guys are mediocre at best. The proof in the pudding: look at what happened to the line on the rare occasions when Manning went out this year (the Jets and the Bills games). It was akin to Swiss cheese, with the Jets attacking the LT spot repeatedly and effectively.

Ok. I'm going to be an !@#$. Your opinion is completely 100% useless. Actually it's worse than useless because some idiots might actually believe you. Do yourself a favor.

1) Go to www.nfl.com

2) Hover over stats

3) Click on Offensive line stats

4) Select regular season

NOW! ....Take a look at the #1 ranked offensive line and then repeat after me....I am an idiot....I am an idiot.

Not only is the Colts' line great, THEY ARE NUMBER FREAKIN #!.

Insults aren't an effective way to debate.

Aaron Curry was supposedly the best LB prospect in years - better than McClain for sure. Yet it did no good for the Seahawks, either in the win column or the defense overall. Moreover, Hasselback is clearly on the downside of his career, and had a weak season last year. Mora came out recently and said he wanted to take Sanchez. Of course, this simply makes me think that they'll wisely take one of the two top QBs this year ...

Great point.

Unless you have superstars on defense like the Ravens did when they won the Super Bowl, I think you need to address the offense first.

There is nothing to debate when you're 100% wrong. You don't debate 1+1=2 with someone. You are either right or wrong. Your are wrong. Just admit it.

I won't admit that I'm wrong because I don't think that I am. I think that the Colts have an otherworldly QB who makes average talent around look a lot better than it really is (see my post above about who actually plays on the Colts' offensive line - it ain't that impressive). You cite stats that are ostensibly about offensive line play (although that's hardly clear), yet in an earlier post in this thread you say that the Colts' QB is the greatest QB ever. To my mind, you're trying to have it both ways -- saying that the greatest player at the position ever succeeds because of his great o-line. I'd consider the alternative: that an amazing player makes average guys like Austin Collie look great, and uses his smarts to cover up the fact that neither Charlie Johnson nor Tony Ugoh are actually all that good at pass protection (which they aren't). And the Bills actually have more talented guards than the Colts. Focus on the players.

I won't admit that I'm wrong because I don't think that I am. I think that the Colts have an otherworldly QB who makes average talent around look a lot better than it really is (see my post above about who actually plays on the Colts' offensive line - it ain't that impressive). You cite stats that are ostensibly about offensive line play (although that's hardly clear), yet in an earlier post in this thread you say that the Colts' QB is the greatest QB ever. To my mind, you're trying to have it both ways -- saying that the greatest player at the position ever succeeds because of his great o-line. I'd consider the alternative: that an amazing player makes average guys like Austin Collie look great, and uses his smarts to cover up the fact that neither Charlie Johnson nor Tony Ugoh are actually all that good at pass protection (which they aren't). And the Bills actually have more talented guards than the Colts. Focus on the players.

Sort of puts the Bills attempt to build around Trent "Not Remotely Otherworldly" Edwards in the same way into crisp perspective.

Epic fail.

I am so tired of that weak ass defense. Someone provided factual proof and a link to that proof that completey 100% invalidates my point so I will question the validity of the source of that factual proof. #1 offensive line as ranked by the league they play in, the NFL. Pro bowl means nothing it's a popularity contest with the fans. BS! BUDDY....your wrong whether you admit it or not. Intelligent people of character are able to admit things like this. Small petty people can not.

Ok...one more attempt at education. Peyton Manning is potentially the best QB to have ever played the game. What is his completion rate while lying on his back? Peyton can't be as good as he is without the time and protection his line affords him.

Same concept with WR. Even the best WR in the world can't throw the ball to himself. He needs the help of a competent if not great QB to get him the rock. Look at Steve Smith in Carolina. Jake Delhomme lost all his confidence and was terrible. He finally gets hurt and an unknown QB takes his place and suddenly Steve Smith has yards and a TD almost every week.

I'll distill it down further for you.

A great line allows a RB to be all he can be

A great line allows a QB to be all he can be

A great QB allows a WR to be all he can be

What is the moral of the story?....It all starts up front. If you are weak or down right horrible up front everything else falls apart.

I suppose now your comeback will be that Barry Sanders, perhaps the best RB ever, didn't need a line to be good. *sheesh* Again, the exception doesn't invalidate the rule.

Ok...one more attempt at education. Peyton Manning is potentially the best QB to have ever played the game. What is his completion rate while lying on his back? Peyton can't be as good as he is without the time and protection his line affords him.

What is the moral of the story?....It all starts up front. If you are weak or down right horrible up front everything else falls apart.

Pittsburgh?

Green Bay?

You would conlcude, therefore, that Big Ben is a better QB than Manning.

I am so tired of that weak ass defense. Someone provided factual proof and a link to that proof that completey 100% invalidates my point so I will question the validity of the source of that factual proof. #1 offensive line as ranked by the league they play in, the NFL. Pro bowl means nothing it's a popularity contest with the fans. BS! BUDDY....your wrong whether you admit it or not. Intelligent people of character are able to admit things like this. Small petty people can not.

Same concept with WR. Even the best WR in the world can't throw the ball to himself. He needs the help of a competent if not great QB to get him the rock. Look at Steve Smith in Carolina. Jake Delhomme lost all his confidence and was terrible. He finally gets hurt and an unknown QB takes his place and suddenly Steve Smith has yards and a TD almost every week.

I suppose now your comeback will be that Barry Sanders, perhaps the best RB ever, didn't need a line to be good. *sheesh* Again, the exception doesn't invalidate the rule.

Well we're not going to agree, and that's fine. Again, though, insults aren't cool. It's why a lot of the best people have abandoned this forum.

Pittsburgh?

Green Bay?

You would conlcude, therefore, that Big Ben is a better QB than Manning.

Read the rest of the thread! LOL. I ALREADY MENTIONED THOSE 2 GUYS MYSELF AS BEING THE EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE!!...well I think it was this thread. In any case here it is again.

Big Ben is just too big and tough to be taken down by many CBs and smallish LBs.

Aaron Rogers is just damn good and wasn't it interesting to see how much better he played once the team had that talk and the sacks given up by the offensive line dropped in number?

Well we're not going to agree, and that's fine. Again, though, insults aren't cool. It's why a lot of the best people have abandoned this forum.

I think a lot of people have also abandoned this forum for lack of intelligent opinions or an over abundance of uninformed ones. Well...that and no one ever admits their wrong even in the face of factual presented and linked evidence.

I just want to throw a wrench in everyone's thinking, but I think the Bills are going to draft Derrick Morgan out of Georgia Tech. There are assistants coming to this staff from Georgia Tech, and with Maybin being a bust and Schobel being on the down side of his career. This would make sense.

Linebackers can be found lower, and the best LT will be taken as will be the best quarterbacks.

As far as the Colts, I was always impressed the way they built their team. First, they draft a left tackle in the first round then a right tackle in the second round. The next year they drafted Manning. In the third year, they drafted Elderin James. The Bills have got to get a multi-year plan instead of just reacting every year.

Rushing tds. Add 3 more pass receiving tds in his 3 years with BAL.

Like him or not - he crosses the goal line better than most.