What is different between the Jets last year and now?

DarthICE

HC is the real difference. They could have Pennington on their current team and be just as successful as Sanchez. Sanchez is only being asked to manage the offense and NOT LOSE THE GAME. He is doing his job well. Pennington could be doing just the same thing.

The DEFENSE is what has this team in the AFC Championship game.

QB? Really?

Sanchez had 100 yeards passing today. 1 TD, 1 INT. A 60.1 passer rating. He threw for 182 yards and 1 TD last week. For the season, he had 12 TDs and 20 INTs and a passer rating of 63. So let's not start anoiting him the next Peyton Manning yet. He's been lucky enough to get a team with great offensive line play and a great running game that has kept him from having to win games by himself.

When putting a list together of why the Jets are good this year, Sanchez ranking behind the OL, the entire defense, and then coaching.

WTF? The Jets went 9-7 last year the same as they did this year and had their last 2 opponents of the regular season lay down. They had Farve last year who I think is a probably a better QB than the QB of the 31st ranked passing attack.

The only diffenrence between last year and this year is the AFC sucked except for a few team. A team with 11-5 record didn't make the playoffs last year and a team with a 9-7 record made it this year. That's the big difference.

WTF? The Jets went 9-7 last year the same as they did this year and had their last 2 opponents of the regular season lay down. They had Farve last year who I think is a probably a better QB than the QB of the 31st ranked passing attack.

The only diffenrence between last year and this year is the AFC sucked except for a few team. A team with 11-5 record didn't make the playoffs last year and a team with a 9-7 record made it this year. That's the big difference.

+1

LMAO the Jets are in the AFC Championship with a new HC and a Rookie QB. Guess what, they didn't make it with the previoius QB or HC.

Say what you want but the HC and QB have made the difference.

They also have the best offensive line in the AFC. It wasn't great quarterback play that got them here. It was great running and great defense.

LMAO the Jets are in the AFC Championship with a new HC and a Rookie QB. Guess what, they didn't make it with the previoius QB or HC.

The same QB who we picked off 5 times in a regular season game? Ice, if you told me the Jets were going to the AFC title game, even after they beat us in Toronto, I would have said you were high. Even now, you can't tell me that team is much better than the current Bills team.

PTR

They also have the best offensive line in the AFC. It wasn't great quarterback play that got them here. It was great running and great defense.

Problem: they shouldn't be here. The Colts GAVE them their pass into the postseason. Therefore, justice demands the Colts lose to the Jets.

They also spent a couple years building their lines. But hey, let's ignore all that.

Wow, you really think with the talent we have on the Bills and Ryan and Sanchez we would be similar in terms of success. The Jets FO drafted well especially on the OL. And they got some key FAs.

Sanchez would be shellshocked and wimpering behind our line. And our D wouldn't have given him much help.

C

QB? Really?

Sanchez had 100 yeards passing today. 1 TD, 1 INT. A 60.1 passer rating. He threw for 182 yards and 1 TD last week. For the season, he had 12 TDs and 20 INTs and a passer rating of 63. So let's not start anoiting him the next Peyton Manning yet. He's been lucky enough to get a team with great offensive line play and a great running game that has kept him from having to win games by himself.

When putting a list together of why the Jets are good this year, Sanchez ranking behind the OL, the entire defense, and then coaching.

big Ben all over again

QB gets the blame and credit

Are some of you on here insane? Sanchez is a terrible QB. The Jets have horseshoes stuck up their asses. I'm not complaining here...it's not like they beat the Bills today, but let's call a spade a spade.

They were giftwrapped a postseason berth, then had quite a few breaks go their way today. I didn't catch last week's game so I can't comment, but by the looks of it, they did outplay the Bengals. Today though, three missed field goals, fluke Revis interception, etc...I mean, did Ralph Wilson put some money on the Chargers today, or what??

It's not sour grapes, it's the truth. And no, you don't make your own luck. Whoever said that is an idiot.

big Ben all over again

QB gets the blame and credit

don't forget about Tom Brady 2001-2003. His numbers weren't very impressive, he didn't screw up and his Defense / Special Teams always came through for the team.

I could see the Jets winning the Super Bowl - just like the 2001 Pats.

jets have invested a lot of money in players over the last few years and it's paying off. some say they have the best oline in football.

i don't see how exchanging favre for sanchez upgrades a team. so i'd say it's the hc. the bellichek wannabee mangini was always trying gimmick plays and cute things like quick snaps to catch defense with 12 men on the field. when you build a super group of athletes you should just let them play the game, and focus on winning their individual matchups. r

ryan's no genius but that certainly describes his style.

Jets rank number 1 is total defense and rushing. They rank 31st in passing YPG while the QB they had last year is in the NFC championship game. The QB did not make the difference.

Their QB last year started the year setting the league on fire and the Jets looked exactly like a playoff team. Then that QB was injured and the whole team self-destructed. It's true that this year that QB has not been injured and took his team to the playoffs. It's also true that the Jets QB this year has done just enough to get his team to the playoffs (keeping in mind that the rest of the team is quite good indeed).

HC is the real difference. They could have Pennington on their current team and be just as successful as Sanchez. Sanchez is only being asked to manage the offense and NOT LOSE THE GAME. He is doing his job well. Pennington could be doing just the same thing.

The DEFENSE is what has this team in the AFC Championship game.

JUST asked to manage the offense- like that is an easy job, particularly for a rookie.

LMAO right back at you. The Jets are in the AFC championship because the backup part of the offense (passing game) didn't go COMPLETELY lame at the end of the season- Favre was just fine last year under hurting his shoulder. The QB is as much a part of getting them to the AFC championship as Doug Flutie was to us in the late 90's- it was the defense on both counts.

Their coaching was just fine last year- if they got a couple breaks not of their own making, like they did this year, they were in the playoffs. Based on the team that Mangini left behind, they have the same strengths as they previously did- dominant OL, dominant running game and great defense with maybe the top CB in the game. Sanchez is no better than Trent Edwards was- he just has a supporting cast (notice I didn't say better)

By the way, the current Jet's regime's move for Braylon Edwards was just plain brilliant......he has dropped a bunch of passes......