Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

Brandon is on way over his head with guys like Cowher and Shanny. Let's face it decisions like this are not made by the Russ Brandon's of the world. Cowher is too big for him. Look for a green coordinator who comes cheap.

Just after going through 4 coordinators this past decade, I think it's time we aim a little higher.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For them not to even mention Cowher's name when talking about the Buffalo head coaching situation is very poor journalism. No credibility to that report. They need to somehow acknowledge the AP article with Wilson's comments and not that the Bills did with Cowher. Maybe something is up. It would have been very easy for Cowher to say he was not a candidate and stop all the talk, but he obviously chose not to do that. Horrible journalism and very weird.

I concur. if Cower is blowing the Bills off, then it's complete disrespect to HoF RW and the entire Bills FO.

where is Logan?

We could stick him in the booth. :wallbash:

I'd rather stick him in the ribs :worthy:

On ESPN pregame, Schefter says "There's as much chance of Bill Cowher coaching the Bills next year as me coaching the Bills next year."

That's sweet music from a guy who seems pretty well connected.

On ESPN pregame, Schefter says "There's as much chance of Bill Cowher coaching the Bills next year as me coaching the Bills next year."

Also, Mort lists Jason Garrett as potential sleeper for Bills job.

So Schefter's saying he's interested. Tell im to line up behind Billick and Martz.

Isn't it obvious that for the CBS pregame to NOT link Cowher to the Bills is probably because there is, indeed, some validity to his interest? It's kind of a big decision, to say the least, and I'm sure he's taking his time to consider it--- and also that the Bills have allowed for him to do so. It doesn't mean he'll ultimately take the job, but if he had absolutely no interest then he would likely take this opportunity to lay the rumors to rest--- he's not going to string everybody along in this manner.

And yet folks will still hold out hope that Cowher is going to ride in here on a white stallion and save the Bills franchise.

Ain't gonna happen...people need to just get ready for the upcoming HC disappointment.

As echoed before though, I'm wondering how the Bills FO will try and spin whatever coordinator they hire as the new HC. We all know that Brandon is painfully aware of ticket sales and how much hiring a Frazier, Harbaugh or Brian Schottenheimer would negatively impact those numbers. Perhaps another sideshow FA signing to keep us distracted?

BAD NEWS for the Coward crowd......

Fox could void final year of contract

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 10, 2010 11:36 AM ET

The odd situation in Carolina surrounding John Fox just got a little stranger.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Panthers gave John Fox the option to void the final year of his contract if he chose to.

So, to review: The Panthers told Fox he could come back. But he wasn't going to get a contract extension, and he can leave if he wanted to.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ar-of-contract/

BAD NEWS for the Coward crowd......

Fox could void final year of contract

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 10, 2010 11:36 AM ET

The odd situation in Carolina surrounding John Fox just got a little stranger.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Panthers gave John Fox the option to void the final year of his contract if he chose to.

So, to review: The Panthers told Fox he could come back. But he wasn't going to get a contract extension, and he can leave if he wanted to.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ar-of-contract/

The Panthers have been playing this game since the season ended. They want Fox gone. But, they don't want to fire him ans still have to pay him (but Ralph's still cheaper, I guess). Fox doesn't want to quit unless he gets his money because he has no interest from other teams.

So, they're playing games for the time being. But, I've also read reports (somewhere) that the Panthers said they'd promote from within if Fox left, because they don't want to pay big bucks to someone with a potential lockout in 2011. So who knows.

Isn't it obvious that for the CBS pregame to NOT link Cowher to the Bills is probably because there is, indeed, some validity to his interest? It's kind of a big decision, to say the least, and I'm sure he's taking his time to consider it--- and also that the Bills have allowed for him to do so. It doesn't mean he'll ultimately take the job, but if he had absolutely no interest then he would likely take this opportunity to lay the rumors to rest--- he's not going to string everybody along in this manner.

While you can't expect any real insights from the CBS show, the complete Cowher-to-Bills silence is strange, and if Cowher really asked CBS not to even mention it, that is even more strange. I agree that no news is still good news.

I still think that the Bills are keeping Cowher as the #1 target and are giving him as much space as they can to make his decision. With the playoffs continuing and no other teams now seeking a HC, the process will drag on for awhile.

So Cowher has been stringing the Bills along just to keep a counter available for the Carolina job? If true he's a real douche and we're all a bunch of putzes.

the bills may wind up interviewing as many as 10 candidates for their head coaching job.......after one of them gets the job, will all the others claim the bills were just stringing them along ?

what is wrong with Bill Cowher waiting to weigh all the possible oppurtunities he may have to return to head coaching?

have you ever looked for a job and had more than one offer to consider ?

sure i would like for him to decide sooner rather than later, but i don't feel slighted in the least if he takes his time or if he even turns us down.

Dan Reeves?

Another good possibility, though he's been out of the coaching biz longer than Schottenheimer so I have to wonder if he would have any interest. I'd sooner see him than Billick, though.