Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

It's going to be a coordinator. Why else would the Bills be taking their time? If it was Billick or Schotty or Cowher we could have already announced it. We are waiting to talk to more coordinators. I understand they want to talk to as many candidates as possible but they wouldnt wait this long unless they are leaning towards hiring a coordinator

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get all of the national media $hitting on Buffalo all the time. I mean what makes Cleveland, St. Louis, Detroit, KC, Cincinnati, Jacksonville or Carolina have over Buffalo? Some may have better weather(some only slightly), but really are they any better organizations than we have here?

St. Louis' ownership situation, Jacksonville's fans are all but indignant and many other problems with other franchises that are as as bad or worse than Buffalo's.

I'm sick of the constant disrespect that this team gets from the league as well as the media.

Now I'll sit back and wait for all the responses telling me that; hey we deserve all of the crap thrown our way, our owner is the worst, we should just accept the fact that we suck and it won't ever get any better.

I just don't get all of the national media $hitting on Buffalo all the time. I mean what makes Cleveland, St. Louis, Detroit, KC, Cincinnati, Jacksonville or Carolina have over Buffalo? Some may have better weather(some only slightly), but really are they any better organizations than we have here?

St. Louis' ownership situation, Jacksonville's fans are all but indignant and many other problems with other franchises that are as as bad or worse than Buffalo's.

I'm sick of the constant disrespect that this team gets from the league as well as the media.

Now I'll sit back and wait for all the responses telling me that; hey we deserve all of the crap thrown our way, our owner is the worst, we should just accept the fact that we suck and it won't ever get any better.

We deserve all of the crap thrown our way, our owner is the worst, we should just accept the fact that we suck and it won't ever get any better!

It probably also stems from our fans fanaticism. I mean we always have posters writing to Shefter, Clayton, Mort, etc... and sorta' rip them to the point they have to defend themselves. Then we have people trashing players lawns and stuff. I really don't care but it may help these reporters to give no respect to Buffalo. I don't think anyone in ST. Louis or Jacksonville even care

You're looking for validation that Buffalo is as good as 7 of the worst NFL franchises?

more bad news for the Cowher crowd ??

Source: Cowher will not coach in Buffalo

Posted on January 10, 2010 by Patrick Moran

Unless the billboard slated to go up on the Buffalo thruway Monday morning magically changes his mind, Bill Cowher will not be the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

A source, one so strong in his conviction he’s willing to be called out publicly if incorrect, tells me to formally scratch Cowher off the list of candidates for the Buffalo Bills head coaching position.

“Sure am. He won’t be there next season.” The source said upon my asking if he’s prepared to put his reputation on the line if wrong.

The source said he doesn’t know if Cowher will be coaching in the NFL in 2010 or not, saying it would depend on the situation, but reasserted Cowher won’t be on the Buffalo sideline.

Anyone who reads Buffalo Sports Daily knows this isn’t easy to report, as I personally provided the vehicle to put up the Cowher billboard.

It will remain up until either Cowher, one of his representatives or the Buffalo Bills organization confirm.

Fortunately, money is also going to charity. Over $500 has been raised for Hunter’s Hope, and that drive will stay open until Valentine’s Day.

I’m sure to take a beating over being associated with the billboard, but at the end of the day it’s my responsibility to report news, and the source I have is too strong to sweep under a rug.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/

would Patrick Moran vs Joe Logan make for a good undercard in the next pacquiao fight ?

Things like that Colts game in the heavy snow, all over tv, do not help Buffalo's national image

"Often wrong" Schecter is not always wrong, and in this case, I fear he may be right. Cowher may be beyond our reach. What's really disappointing is that there hasn't been any perceived action toward Billick or Marty Schottenheimer. For those of you not well informed of which coaches are presently available, both Billick and Marty's teams have been eliminated from the playoffs. So what's the holdup?

If Cowher is indeed out of play, it's time for Nix to tell Modrak and Guy to leave (we'll send their belongings to the mother ship someplace where they came from) and go find somewhere else to get a paycheck for nothing in return. Nix has a unique opportunity to change the tone and face of the organization by sheer force of will, and I believe he can do it. Getting the right coach in to turn the heat up on these lightweights who can't hit or tackle (are you listening Aaron Maybin?) and bring in more guys like Wood who eat nails for breakfast. Nix needs to create the next vision for the Buffalo Bills and sell it like the gospel truth to every candidate he meets. Stop selling this franchise as a booby prize for coaches who couldn't find work and can't bear to be on meaningless and poorly produced preview shows anymore. Congratulation for joining the Bills as head coach. We look forward to seeing the results you produce so we can move on to the next miserable hire.

I feel sorry for Frazier. He's obviously a fine minority DC who would be a good fit for us if it weren't for the fact that coordinators and assistants have burned this franchise to the ground over the last decade. In the meantime, he's the Rooney Rule stick of the month. He deserves better than that for the results he's provided. I'm sure he'd do a fine job here, alas, season tickets would be a hard sell. The long punished fan base here is ready for an experienced head coach with a resume that, preferably, would have Super Bowl experience, or if necessary, an assistant with the perception of being more than a prayer to succeed, like Garrett.

This is a perception hire. If the perception is more of the same bs, you may as well saw the upper deck of Ralph Wilson Stadium off. The sports media continues to portray us in the same category with the Raiders. There's only one real way to break that stereotype and that's to bring in top flight coaching and player talent and build a team of front office support people with an IQ over 15. I hear Modrak broke 20 once at Pittsburgh when he was there.

The Bills' front office of Wilson, Brandon, Modrak, Guy, and Jauron must have been on drugs the entire time they've been here. Based on their performance, they must have been on formaldehyde or some other enbalming fluid.

"Often wrong" Schecter is not always wrong, and in this case, I fear he may be right. Cowher may be beyond our reach. What's really disappointing is that there hasn't been any perceived action toward Billick or Marty Schottenheimer. For those of you not well informed of which coaches are presently available, both Billick and Marty's teams have been eliminated from the playoffs. So what's the holdup?

If Cowher is indeed out of play, it's time for Nix to tell Modrak and Guy to leave (we'll send their belongings to the mother ship someplace where they came from) and go find somewhere else to get a paycheck for nothing in return. Nix has a unique opportunity to change the tone and face of the organization by sheer force of will, and I believe he can do it. Getting the right coach in to turn the heat up on these lightweights who can't hit or tackle (are you listening Aaron Maybin?) and bring in more guys like Wood who eat nails for breakfast. Nix needs to create the next vision for the Buffalo Bills and sell it like the gospel truth to every candidate he meets. Stop selling this franchise as a booby prize for coaches who couldn't find work and can't bear to be on meaningless and poorly produced preview shows anymore. Congratulation for joining the Bills as head coach. We look forward to seeing the results you produce so we can move on to the next miserable hire.

I feel sorry for Frazier. He's obviously a fine minority DC who would be a good fit for us if it weren't for the fact that coordinators and assistants have burned this franchise to the ground over the last decade. In the meantime, he's the Rooney Rule stick of the month. He deserves better than that for the results he's provided. I'm sure he'd do a fine job here, alas, season tickets would be a hard sell. The long punished fan base here is ready for an experienced head coach with a resume that, preferably, would have Super Bowl experience, or if necessary, an assistant with the perception of being more than a prayer to succeed, like Garrett.

This is a perception hire. If the perception is more of the same bs, you may as well saw the upper deck of Ralph Wilson Stadium off. The sports media continues to portray us in the same category with the Raiders. There's only one real way to break that stereotype and that's to bring in top flight coaching and player talent and build a team of front office support people with an IQ over 15. I hear Modrak broke 20 once at Pittsburgh when he was there.

The Bills' front office of Wilson, Brandon, Modrak, Guy, and Jauron must have been on drugs the entire time they've been here. Based on their performance, they must have been on formaldehyde or some other enbalming fluid.

RW could not be happier; he has made legit-seeming offers to the big names including Shanahan and Cowher, now he can go ahead and hire a much cheaper Coordinator to take a shot, without recrimination.

And he will.

Frazier is not a Rooney Rule guy at all for us; Fewell handled that. Frazier is the guy that will get the job IMO.

I had no idea. And I really don't have a problem with Marv, maybe a little too loyal at times.

My choice is literally any other person on planet Earth. And I mean that in its literal sense.

Cowher is the one available coach right now to whom you'd have to give an amount of money (and likely control) that you'd be stuck with him for the duration of the deal. If he's as marginal a headcoach as I think he is, and with no experience in personell acquisition whatsoever, I think locking yourself into a deal you can't/won't get out of with him, would be a tragedy of potentially franchise relocating magnitude right now (or actually in 2-3 years when the Bills are 6-10 yet again and there's no light at the end of the tunnel cuz the guy in charge has 2-3 years left on a 10milion/year guaranteed contract that your owner won't dump. ).

Well said. I only know what limited action I had seen him in over the years, not game-by-game.

My desire for Cowher is twofold, hopefully a good coach, and dare I say it, to make Buffalo relevant

again. Didn't happen with Owens, but I believe for the duration of his stay here, national media would

believe the Bills are capable of anything. I am just so sick and tired of the national media guys taking

extra steps to tell us how bad we are (as if we didn't know it). I know we've done nothing to prove

them wrong, but hopefully a Cowher signing would put an end to the national media crapping on our

franchise.

FWIW, I would like a proven HC, no coordinators or college guys. My choice, after Cowher, would

be Shotty Sr.

HERE IS THE LATEST INFO: (repeated from above, except he has named his source as Adam Schefter of ESPN)

it comes from the guy who is putting up the Cowher billboard, and if he is to be believed, it's not good.

essentially he is stating that he has talked to Schefter himself.....and that Schefter is staking his own reputation on the fact that BILL COWHER IS NOT COMING :

more bad news for the Cowher crowd ??

Source: Cowher will not coach in Buffalo

Posted on January 10, 2010 by Patrick Moran

Unless the billboard slated to go up on the Buffalo thruway Monday morning magically changes his mind, Bill Cowher will not be the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

A source, one so strong in his conviction he’s willing to be called out publicly if incorrect, tells me to formally scratch Cowher off the list of candidates for the Buffalo Bills head coaching position.

“Sure am. He won’t be there next season.” The source said upon my asking if he’s prepared to put his reputation on the line if wrong.

The source said he doesn’t know if Cowher will be coaching in the NFL in 2010 or not, saying it would depend on the situation, but reasserted Cowher won’t be on the Buffalo sideline.

Anyone who reads Buffalo Sports Daily knows this isn’t easy to report, as I personally provided the vehicle to put up the Cowher billboard.

It will remain up until either Cowher, one of his representatives or the Buffalo Bills organization confirm.

Fortunately, money is also going to charity. Over $500 has been raised for Hunter’s Hope, and that drive will stay open until Valentine’s Day.

I’m sure to take a beating over being associated with the billboard, but at the end of the day it’s my responsibility to report news, and the source I have is too strong to sweep under a rug.

would Patrick Moran vs Joe Logan make for a good undercard in the next pacquiao fight ?

Patrick Moran's source is prob Shefter or Glazer

HERE IS THE LATEST INFO: (repeated from above, except he has named his source as Adam Schefter of ESPN)

it comes from the guy who is putting up the Cowher billboard, and if he is to be believed, it's not good.

essentially he is stating that he has talked to Schefter himself.....and that Schefter is staking his own reputation on the fact that BILL COWHER IS NOT COMING :

then Cowher should issue a press release to that effect; he and CBS disrespected the Bills yesterday by not even stooping to mention his name in association w/ the Bills search.

It should be pretty obvious that Cowher is not coming here. A deal would have been done by now.

But Billsman's bartending source said he was in Buffalo Saturday and there are private jet flight records to/from B-lo, NC and Teboro :huh:

anyone seen anything new from Logan?

But Billsman's bartending source said he was in Buffalo Saturday and there are private jet flight records to/from B-lo, NC and Teboro :huh:

anyone seen anything new from Logan?

yes, logan had an hour "Ustream" feed last night.....nothing new at all. not worth looking at :

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/3900868

i do think his "source" has been cut-off.

Anyone want to pony up at flightaware.com to buy an excel format flight history to and from BUF? it's the only way to confirm flights from Teterboro, NJ and NC over the weekend. This is getting pathetic I know haha I'm sucked in but not holding my breath

It should be pretty obvious that Cowher is not coming here. A deal would have been done by now.

I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel. OK, I DON'T WANT to toss the towel..

Lost in the shuffle of this and other Cowher threads is a supposed news conference Friday (1/15) wherein all Bills fans will be shocked at great news. IIRC, it comes from TT/JK-I suppose I could dig it up.. Anyway, if there's truth to that -for whatever reason- then we only have 4 more days 'til the big news is let.

I'm holding out hope for the Chin...

then Cowher should issue a press release to that effect; he and CBS disrespected the Bills yesterday by not even stooping to mention his name in association w/ the Bills search.

This is what I don't get. Seriously. If Cowher is definitely not coming to Buffalo, and he knows this, and he or his agent have told people such as Schefter; why not just say it publicly?

They do a small piece about all the "potential" candidates that Buffalo has talked to. We know, for a fact, that the Bills have talked to Cowher thanks to JW. Why not just say, "The Bills have contacted our very own Bill Cowher, but he's decided to look in other directions for the 2010 season. So, no, our friend will not be in Buffalo next season." I mean, that's easy, respectful and still doesn't close the doors on him taking a job in Carolina or TN or Oakland or where ever.

So, either Cowher doesn't want to officially eliminate the Bills offer, just in case all other potential offers dry up; or he's just a plain puss. I'm not sure which.

Anyone want to pony up at flightaware.com to buy an excel format flight history to and from BUF? it's the only way to confirm flights from Teterboro, NJ and NC over the weekend. This is getting pathetic I know haha I'm sucked in but not holding my breath

fwiw, a flight from Teterboro landed in Buffalo this morning according to another site's poster

I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel. OK, I DON'T WANT to toss the towel..

Lost in the shuffle of this and other Cowher threads is a supposed news conference Friday (1/15) wherein all Bills fans will be shocked at great news. IIRC, it comes from TT/JK-I suppose I could dig it up.. Anyway, if there's truth to that -for whatever reason- then we only have 4 more days 'til the big news is let.

I'm holding out hope for the Chin...

Sorry Bobby C. I'll wait until the 15th with you.

So, either Cowher doesn't want to officially eliminate the Bills offer, just in case all other potential offers dry up; or he's just a plain puss. I'm not sure which.

Until I hear otherwise, I stand by my purely speculative post from the other day stating that the Bills have something tentative in place with Cowher that allows him to jump if a better situation arises by a certain date - we just haven't hit that magical date yet. If Buffalo was definitely out, why meet twice, and why not just end the speculation?

Maybe the key date is Friday.

Until I hear otherwise, I stand by my purely speculative post from the other day stating that the Bills have something tentative in place with Cowher that allows him to jump if a better situation arises by a certain date - we just haven't hit that magical date yet. If Buffalo was definitely out, why meet twice, and why not just end the speculation?

Maybe the key date is Friday.

I can't imagine that the Bills struck a deal with a divorce trigger - maybe though??

I get the sense that he is lip locked and so was CBS b/c of some sort of legal advice. It might be from his agent and the silence is posturing for another gig. that is, not saying no to Bills then yes to someone else...but I'm not sure about this either b/c shanahan had no problem politely declining and landing another gig.

declining the bills premature of another team's opening wont preclude his consideration for the other team when there is an opening - I don't understand this at all. and now we asking for permission from 2 other teams to talk to their assistants.

let's erect a companion billboard to read "bill, give us an answer!"

who is his agent, why isn't the buffalo media directly asking his agent for comment???

Bill it's us again the 12th man. In case you didn't know we now have a billboard begging for you to come here. Hell it's digital which in buffalo is huge. We wanted to give you a little more history. The Bills have won Two Championships just they were in the AFL but still we do have a legacy. remember though hard for you that we beat you in the championship game in Pittsburgh. We are a proud bunch. we have supported this team even though our beloved Ralph made mistake after mistake hiring retreds and well... being cheap. We hear he is ready to open up the pocket book and pay someone handsomely. Now I know that dam Dan Marino is against you coming here but ask him the hardest place to play. The answer Buffalo. We kicked his sorry tanned Nutrisystem A@# back to Miami year after year. Needless to say he's a little jaded. You might be hearing that Buffalo is horrible place to live. Again this is false, ask anyone who lived here except thugs (you know who you are) where they settle down and the answer Buffalo. We have Niagara Falls and are a short distance to Toronto. We are even a short drive to Pittsburgh in case you want visit old friends like Dick Leabau and ask them to come coach. On top of that We have Elvis at every home game. What does Charlotte have Nascar, dought you want to drive those cars and the Carolina Hurricanes enough said. Well I guess you could always drive to South Of The Border if you wanted. But anyway I hope you understand how bad you are needed. We need you Bill you understand Run and stop the run, Defense wins championships and how to be Physical. So come on we will worship you and name our kids after you if you sign on the dotted line.

The 12th Man.