I have bad thoughts about my great uncle

My Great Uncle is very old, he's in his 90s and he's lived a full, active and successful life. He owns my favorite house in the world - a beautiful mansion south of Buffalo. There are only about 30 of its kind. It was once one of the very best of its kind, but recently it has fallen into disrepair. My family and I visit the house every fall weekend, but the last few years' visits have not been nearly as enjoyable given the condition of the place. Nothing would make me happier than to see the house restored to its glory. I know that with the proper caretaker, it could be done. The problem is my Great Uncle - he won't ever hire the proper caretaker. He doesn't want to spend the money for the best caretakers, and even if he did, they wouldn't want to put up with his meddlesome ways. And so the house continues to languish, and my family cannot enjoy it any longer.

And because of this, I have bad thoughts. Not all the time, just some times. But more often lately. Those thoughts are these: I sometimes wish my Great Uncle would pass over into the next life already, so that we could celebrate his memory by restoring the house to its prior glory.

Am I a bad person? I guess so. What do you think? I'm torn. I love my Great Uncle, but I also love the house, and I want my children to be able to enjoy the house like I did when I was a youth.

My Great Uncle is very old, he's in his 90s and he's lived a full, active and successful life. He owns my favorite house in the world - a beautiful mansion south of Buffalo. There are only about 30 of its kind. It was once one of the very best of its kind, but recently it has fallen into disrepair. My family and I visit the house every fall weekend, but the last few years' visits have not been nearly as enjoyable given the condition of the place. Nothing would make me happier than to see the house restored to its glory. I know that with the proper caretaker, it could be done. The problem is my Great Uncle - he won't ever hire the proper caretaker. He doesn't want to spend the money for the best caretakers, and even if he did, they wouldn't want to put up with his meddlesome ways. And so the house continues to languish, and my family cannot enjoy it any longer.

And because of this, I have bad thoughts. Not all the time, just some times. But more often lately. Those thoughts are these: I sometimes wish my Great Uncle would pass over into the next life already, so that we could celebrate his memory by restoring the house to its prior glory.

Am I a bad person? I guess so. What do you think? I'm torn. I love my Great Uncle, but I also love the house, and I want my children to be able to enjoy the house like I did when I was a youth.

stop being so selfish its your uncles house not yours. If he wants to let it fall into disrepair so be it. If you weren't such a slacker you would by the one next door.

stop being so selfish its your uncles house not yours. If he wants to let it fall into disrepair so be it. If you weren't such a slacker you would by the one next door.

As long as Cowher takes control of the "house"....you/we are all set

Maybe your nieces and nephews will hope u die if you even make it to 90= years.You really sound like a 100% douche

I love my Great Uncle, but I also love the house, and I want my children to be able to enjoy the house like I did when I was a youth.

If you really want your children to enjoy that house you'd better hope your uncle lives forever because shortly after he dies, the residents of the house will move to greener pastures and the house will be demolished. Your uncle stays in his house because he feels he made a promise to his neighbors and just HATES it when a long time resident move away, but he's just an old dottering man ...

Yes.

If you are hoping for someone to die because of game, you are a complete d-bag and need to get some real problems in life.

I think you need to call Dr. Laura, and hope Uncle Russ tells Uncle Ralph to spare no expense in fixing his house!

my great uncle had a hook on his foot.

Yes, you are a bad person. Who would wish that their "great uncle" would die so that their favorite "home" would be good again? Seriously dude, get a life.

is your last name:

Zyzlryzbkawicz?

(Obviously, I used a code as a test to fool any non-relatives. People say I'm gullible but without the code you'll never figure it out. Oh, in case we are related and you lost your codebook, Zyzlryzbkawicz = Smythe.)

Zyzlryzbkawicz is not too far off from some of the names in my family tree. But it must have been another hook footed old man.

So.... what? you can't wait for your uncle to pass so your kids can enjoy his house, and your asking us if your a bad person. Well, yah, your a really bad person.

Are you saying that Cowher ISN'T going to be the next coach????

Should we be more offended by the thinly veiled metaphor or the fact that he wants a man to die so that a football team can do better?

I vote the metaphor...you can tell that he thinks he's soooooo clever.

Ah now that's not very nice. Just trying to be both humorous and honest about a touchy subject, no offense intended. Doesn't seem to be THAT bad of a metaphor...

Just curious....at the "uncle's" house, are there frequent drunken guests who swear in front of the little ones, spill drinks on everybody, and then piss in your uncle's sink and all over his floor?

Just curious....at the "uncle's" house, are there frequent drunken guests who swear in front of the little ones, spill drinks on everybody, and then piss in your uncle's sink and all over his floor?

hahahaha, yeah the home really can't be THAT great...

Holy crap!...look at all the fish you caught! Those fishing shows have nothing on you. <_< You should change the title of this thread to : "Stupidest Catch" :doh:

No spoiler here....I'm betting there will be at least 2 more pages of "yes of course you are a bad person" :huh:

That's a lousy metaphor.

Maintaining a house is easy. You just pour in money. It's not as if there are a dizzying variety of guys you could hire and 80% of them can't do the job and you don't know which ones till you hire them.

Hiring a coach and a GM is a guessing game. Look at Danny Snyder. He's poured tons of money into his team but simply hasn't found the right guys to run it. GM and coach are crapshoots, and even a good coach won't be able to do squat without a good QB, and QBs are crapshoots too.

So, yeah, IMHO, hoping your uncles passes into the next life is genuinely wrong, IMHO, especially as the next guy who buys your house is fairly likely to move it to L.A. Try visiting every weekend when it's in Cali.