Per Mort & Schefter Cowher back to CBS

drewfla

I'll believe it when I see a reliable source. No offense, but the word of a guy with 5 posts doesn't mean much to me.

Note that Schefter has not updated his twitter page with this, either.

I laugh at people that equate number of posts with some type of wisdom. What does more posts prove other than that you have more time to waste on the Internet?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, since he is saying unlikely , this gives me the impression that schefter is speculating again. either he is or he isnt, i doubt schefter has a real source on this fiasco....

not like Schefter to make proclamations without a reliable source.

seriously. All these people "I wont believe it till it is on twitter!" are ridiculous. Him saying it on SC isn't enough?

Not everyone watches sportscenter all day. All I wanted to see was a print source, and now we have it. Again, it wouldn't be the first time someone posted something completely false that they supposedly saw on TV. In this case, he wasn't lying.

Not everyone watches sportscenter all day. All I wanted to see was a print source, and now we have it. Again, it wouldn't be the first time someone posted something completely false that they supposedly saw on TV. In this case, he wasn't lying.

Yeah, but others were confirming that they saw it as well. So it shouldn't have been hard to figure out that it was actually being reported.

Apologies in advance for the caps:

WHICH ONE OF THESE MEDIA STOOGES HAS TALKED TO BILL COWHER THIS MORNING? I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO HAS A "SOURCE" OR "I'M HEARING". FIND ME SOMEONE WHO HAS ACTUALLY SPOKEN TO BILL !@#$ING COWHER AND THEN LET THEM REPORT WHAT HE SAID.

These guys are ALL trying to be the first to get the story so any tidbit becomes a source.

Shefter just said "I'm told that Cowher is not likely to coach in 2010 but these things are fluid and change". Aka, "I'm just throwing this out there."

Is it possible that this is simply a negotiation tactic by Cowher?

it's hard to get your rate when you tell them you really "want" the job, right?

Screw the junkies at ESPN. I mean if Cowher goes to the Bills and makes them a winner, then how does good 'ole boy Donahoe look. This is an ESPN underground movement created by TD.

It's time for Cowher Power in Buffalo ! Get R Done Buddy !

Here's an overly optimistic thought: Maybe Cowher (or his agent) leaks this story to increase his leverage in negotiating with OBD. That way, if the Bills are his only option they still have to bring maximum cash to the negotiating table.

(EDIT: Sorry phxbacker, didn't see you made essentially the same point while I was still typing.)

or then again, maybe I'm asking Santa for a BB gun and he's bringing me a lump of coal.

Oh goodie, sour grapes time!!! This is where the Bills' fans really excel!!!

GTFO of here with this garbage. If you could read, I said I would have liekd Cowher. But if you really want to search through posts, I've always been consistent on Cowher being overrated. LeBeau is the best defensive coordinator in the history of the game and they have a great front office. This is why Mike Tomlin can come in and not miss a beat. So while I'd like to have Cowher, he was always overrated IMO. Still a good coach but overrated. Learn to read.

Apologies in advance for the caps:

WHICH ONE OF THESE MEDIA STOOGES HAS TALKED TO BILL COWHER THIS MORNING? I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO HAS A "SOURCE" OR "I'M HEARING". FIND ME SOMEONE WHO HAS ACTUALLY SPOKEN TO BILL !@#$ING COWHER AND THEN LET THEM REPORT WHAT HE SAID.

These guys are ALL trying to be the first to get the story so any tidbit becomes a source.

Shefter just said "I'm told that Cowher is not likely to coach in 2010 but these things are fluid and change". Aka, "I'm just throwing this out there."

Zactly. I'll believe it when I hear it from either COWHER or the BILLS. Until then it's just speculation.

Obviously, I would have like Cowher but I think he is beyond overrated. LeBeau and the Steelers front office is hte real reason for their rings. The head coaches are interchangable.

Oh come on, no sour grapes. Cowher would have been an awesome fit. If Lebeau was that good, maybe his head coaching tenure would have been a bit better.

That was a great staff in Pittsburgh. Cowher is a good coach. So is Lebeau.