Per Mort & Schefter Cowher back to CBS

drewfla

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll believe it when I see a reliable source. No offense, but the word of a guy with 5 posts doesn't mean much to me.

Note that Schefter has not updated his twitter page with this, either.

Agreed. Seems nothing has been said on ESPN, Adam's twitter or anywhere else. I think this guy is a troll that is just starting ****

I'll believe it when I see a reliable source. No offense, but the word of a guy with 5 posts doesn't mean much to me.

No offense Brandon, but I reported an ESPN sportscenter story. I didn't claim to be a reliable source. I only have five posts because the site with Bills and Insider in the title don't work anymore. I have better things to do than make up stories from ESPN.

but he has said it on tv. maybe he is busy working and that is why his twitter page isn't getting touched?

he has been on live tv. he'll change it soon enough. so sad we can't get cowher. it's the only option to him and he doesn't want it. i'm hoping this is wrong. if they do in fact have a second meeting, then I think we have a shot. We'll see if he comes back for one

Agreed. Seems nothing has been said on ESPN, Adam's twitter or anywhere else. I think this guy is a troll that is just starting ****

Adam_Schefter New development to coaching carousel and to Buffalo's coaching search: Being told that Bill Cowher not likely to coach in 2010.

via twitter

No offense Brandon, but I reported an ESPN sportscenter story. I didn't claim to be a reliable source. I only have five posts because the site with Bills and Insider in the title don't work anymore. I have better things to do than make up stories from ESPN.

I wasn't bashing you. I'm just saying that without confirmation (which we have now), its just the word of another guy with a couple of posts. There are a ton of false rumors posted around here in the offseason and without a source, you have to take it with a grain of salt.

What does the number of posts someone has have to do with anything? Have you met DELLAPELLE JOHN?

that is a pretty big turnaround from what he was saying on mike and mike in the 9:00AM hour. He said that while buffalo was never on his radar prior to this, with the limited options, seemingly, for next year, and with the possibility of no football in '11, he didn't think cowher would want to wait til '12 to get back to football, so this may be a default option if he truly wants to coach again......how about we all just wait and see what happens.....

Just watched the 12:00 sportscenter and Schefter said his sources say Cowher to go back to CBS. He and Mort were very delicate in saying that even though Wilson has shown he is finally willing to spend money that Cowher is in the end going to hold out for a better position.

Don't kill the messenger just repeating Schefter and Mort. Schefter generally is pretty right on with his sources as compared to Mort and others guessing.

Here's a thought....maybe the lack of available quality coaching jobs and the Bills passing on Cowher in favor of someone else is the reason that this decision to return to CBS has been made today.

You're right. We probably passed on him for Brian Schottenheimer or some other equally sad coordinator.