Per Mort & Schefter Cowher back to CBS

drewfla

Oh come on, no sour grapes. Cowher would have been an awesome fit. If Lebeau was that good, maybe his head coaching tenure would have been a bit better.

That was a great staff in Pittsburgh. Cowher is a good coach. So is Lebeau.

Looks like you and I must have the same reading deficiencies...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shefter just said "I'm told that Cowher is not likely to coach in 2010 but these things are fluid and change". Aka, "I'm just throwing this out there."

In other words, he left himself an out and in essence, nothing has really changed. The Bills were, and are, a long shot to hire Cowher as their next head coach.

Oh come on, no sour grapes. Cowher would have been an awesome fit. If Lebeau was that good, maybe his head coaching tenure would have been a bit better.

That was a great staff in Pittsburgh. Cowher is a good coach. So is Lebeau.

He's a good coach who have been consistent in saying he was overrated. But like I said, I'd still love to have him.

Oh goodie, sour grapes time!!! This is where the Bills' fans really excel!!!

Yep that is what we do best. I wonder how Biscuit is going to react when they announce Cam Cameron as our next HC. I do not even think he could put a positive spin on that one.

GTFO of here with this garbage. If you could read, I said I would have liekd Cowher. But if you really want to search through posts, I've always been consistent on Cowher being overrated. LeBeau is the best defensive coordinator in the history of the game and they have a great front office. This is why Mike Tomlin can come in and not miss a beat. So while I'd like to have Cowher, he was always overrated IMO. Still a good coach but overrated. Learn to read.

So, since some of us can't read, why is it that you would want a coach that is "beyond overrated"? Now, I know you said that. So, tell us why you would want that for your favorite team?

Is it possible that this is simply a negotiation tactic by Cowher?

it's hard to get your rate when you tell them you really "want" the job, right?

Screw the junkies at ESPN. I mean if Cowher goes to the Bills and makes them a winner, then how does good 'ole boy Donahoe look. This is an ESPN underground movement created by TD.

It's time for Cowher Power in Buffalo ! Get R Done Buddy !

I would be excited to have Cowher as HC, if only because the officiating versus NE* would not be as one sided with a respected coach on the Bills sideline. But if he didn't want to come here that is fine also, and I don't want him if his heart isn't totally into this opportunity. In some ways Cowher reminds me of Mike Ditka who had a nice run in Chicago with one big SB win, but helped very much by top assistants like Buddy Ryan, an effective FO, some superstar players, and an established tough team mindset all around. Once Ditka went to the Saints after being out of football for a bit he was a disaster. He tried to make clever personnel moves and didn't focus on the fundamentals that had made the Bears what they were. His heart really didn't seem to be in it. In some ways I'd rather have someone like Russ Grimm as HC, eager to prove himself for the first time.

Anyway, Buffalo isn't such a bad place to be. We had no trouble inking Buddy Nix to the GM spot, right?

Apologies in advance for the caps:

WHICH ONE OF THESE MEDIA STOOGES HAS TALKED TO BILL COWHER THIS MORNING? I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO HAS A "SOURCE" OR "I'M HEARING". FIND ME SOMEONE WHO HAS ACTUALLY SPOKEN TO BILL !@#$ING COWHER AND THEN LET THEM REPORT WHAT HE SAID.

These guys are ALL trying to be the first to get the story so any tidbit becomes a source.

Shefter just said "I'm told that Cowher is not likely to coach in 2010 but these things are fluid and change". Aka, "I'm just throwing this out there."

Well said.

He's a good coach who have been consistent in saying he was overrated. But like I said, I'd still love to have him.

I agree with you. I would call him an adequate coach and certainly a significant upgrade to anything we have had in recent memory. It is all still speculation of course, but ask yourselves this. There are many reasons the Bills organization and fans would want Cowher, but what are the reasons Cowher would want the Bills? And please don't say money. Money is not a strong motivator for those that already have it. And please don't say control because he will get that anywhere he goes.