Another drop in the draft order.

DarthICE

Dude, ANY first-rounder is going to help us, so long as we have a competent flipping GENERAL MANAGER doing the drafting. Seriously, why do we even CARE where we draft first when we still have a bunch of IDIOTS doing the drafting?

It's gonna drop even more, Ice. Get used to it.

PTR

Well that sucks. Too bad most fans are too homeristic or near sighted to see what is best for the team. Winning? Why? Most of this team wont' be here in the next 2 years when a REAL staff gets in here and replaces them with good players. Coaching? You can kick just about all of them out the door as well.

Bottom line, losing from here on out for a higher ranking in the draft standings is whats best for the team

I hope the new guys will be able to start turning this around with mid tier draft picks.

That's funny, there are many NFL front offices in the league that seem to do just fine year after year with mid tier draft picks. It's the front office and scouting that makes not only a draft, but sound FREE AGENT acquisitions as well.

1.) YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

2.) Rookies are not going to solve our issues. our offensive line was all rookies... look where that got us

drafting the right rookies can help solve problems...you dont think drafting Oher would have helped the O-line?

With the draft as publicized as it is, the top college talent is hyped far too often as guaranteed. PIT, IND, NE, PHI, BAL, and SD rarely pick top 10, but certainly are for lack of talent. There's no reason a team can't find excellent players in 10-15, which is where Buffalo could very well select. Now, if only RW wises up and hires a GM who can find these top notch personnel evaluators the aforementioned teams have.

i had beers with that guy at the pole. he was cool enough. it was sort of funny what passes for food in indiana though.

Can't say my experience was the same, man. You on the other hand... :thumbsup:

I need to get back up there and go to a game. Maybe once they blow up the front office.

yeah that was the first tbd tailgate....i got smashed that day but still remember some big dude handing me a bowl of tasty chili with a kindly smile on his face...i must have looked like i needed some solid food or something...thats one of my few enduring memories from that day...

yeah that was the first tbd tailgate....i got smashed that day but still remember some big dude handing me a bowl of tasty chili with a kindly smile on his face...i must have looked like i needed some solid food or something...thats one of my few enduring memories from that day...

Appreciate the kind word on the chili. Funny thing is, eveyone loves to eat it but me.

Me? I hate eating at tailgates. I'd rather drink. :thumbsup:

I don't think they win another game so 5-11?

well, maybe.. I hope they win the home games for the sake of the fans who come out in 20 degree weather.. a top 10 pick is good enough... we need all kinds of help... veteran free agents with some savvy would be just as good as draft picks... coaches, staff, all kinds of needs..

I'd take 7-9. Why not? Winning beats losing. Period. But as I say, in February no one will care who they played in December...

Dude, ANY first-rounder is going to help us, so long as we have a competent flipping GENERAL MANAGER doing the drafting. Seriously, why do we even CARE where we draft first when we still have a bunch of IDIOTS doing the drafting?

Exactly. As if top ten draft seeding is the panacea for the franchise. Excellent players have been available to us up and down the draft order during this apparent 10 year run of playoff futility. We haven't taken them, and that is largely why we are where we are today. This has been discussed in numerous posts, but it bears repeating. Until our FO is fixed, reorganized, whatever, we could have a top 3 pick every year and would probably be no better off. The Bills are not going to have more than six wins this year and will have more than one excellent player available to them when their draft number comes up. We are not terrible, but we're not terribly good either. As fans we're frustrated because we are so close, yet seem so far from winning division titles. It's not that we don't compete, we just don't often finish the job. The players focus the remainder of the season is not on preserving some slot in the draft order. Hopefully we'll have the right people making the picks in April.

high draft picks have certainly helped the lions :thumbsup:

i think our young players learn a lot by winning together as a team, pretty much regardless of how that win is achieved

Yes the Matt Millen philosophy, which he stated, was only one team wins the SB, the rest play for draft picks. The Lions certainly did play for draft picks and still seem to even w/o Millen. The thing is the Bills are not going to get a top 5 pick because they are not a bottom 5 team in the NFL. You can't out lose losing teams. They will find a way to out bottom you.

Anyway, if you wanted to finish 4-12 or something like that the only hope you ever had was to keep Jauron the whole year. Once he was let go you knew there was going to be at least a little bounce in the positive direction. With Fewell the team probably won't finish worse than 6-10.

Well that sucks. Too bad most fans are too homeristic or near sighted to see what is best for the team. Winning? Why? Most of this team wont' be here in the next 2 years when a REAL staff gets in here and replaces them with good players. Coaching? You can kick just about all of them out the door as well.

Bottom line, losing from here on out for a higher ranking in the draft standings is whats best for the team

if you dont play to win....then why bother to even board the plane???

maybe the Bills can see if they can just shut the season down...forfeit the rest to assure the highest possible pick......since no good NFL players have ever been drafter past pick 10