Still want Tebow?

dib

I'd rather have a QB that gets p!ssed at a loss, rather than one that cries and needs his head rubbed.

BTW Thanks Bobby you and your 6-6 seminoles for screwing the Canes out of the Gator Bowl. If you had any nads you'd turn down the bowl.

he wasn't pissed he was upset he lost.....

remember when Wayne gretzky got traded to los angeles? what a kitty he was....

who would want a baby like this????

I'd rather have a QB that gets p!ssed at a loss, rather than one that cries and needs his head rubbed.

BTW Thanks Bobby you and your 6-6 seminoles for screwing the Canes out of the Gator Bowl. If you had any nads you'd turn down the bowl.

C'mon folks. Only those seriously lacking gray matter believe that Tebow can be a good NFL QB. Trust me folks, he can't.

Let me just say this.... when it comes time for guys like Tebow and McCoy to have to put a pair of man pants on for the senior bowl and hula bowl... when they have to play under center and simulate a pro offense instead of a spread, you're going to see just how badly these guys project at the next level.

what kills me is, how poorly prepared Tebow's college coaches prepared him for the next level... unless, of course the next level they were preparing Tebow for was the CFL... I think he'd have a decent chance there.

What kills me is, how poorly prepared Tebow's college coaches prepared him for the next level... unless, of course the next level they were preparing Tebow for was the CFL... I think he'd have a decent chance there.

I don't think Urban Meyer gives a crap about preparing Tebow for the next level. Meyer's goal is to put as many rings on his fingers as he possibly can. Whether or not his players succeed on the next level is immaterial to him.

There is nothing about Tebow's skill set or experience that shows me that he can be an NFL quarterback. Leadership is nice but if that were the key factor Jack Welsh would be taking snaps in the NFL.

About the crying? Who cares. It's hard to imagine something less important. Has no effect on anyone's grading of Tebow, except for those already pre-disposed to hate him.

I'm not at all sure I want him ... if we got him I'd go along, but I'm not hoping we pick him up.

But he won't be judged on this. He'll be judged on his on-field performances and the combine, and all the usual things.

I don't care if he cries, breaks glass, breaks wind, or throws a temper tantrum; I want a guy that cares that much about winning as opposed to the "Well, whattaya gonna do?" mentality that infests our current crop of non-QBs.

for a 4th round pick yes...

He's going in the top 20...all it takes is one team.

C'mon folks. Only those seriously lacking gray matter believe that Tebow can be a good NFL QB. Trust me folks, he can't.

Let me just say this.... when it comes time for guys like Tebow and McCoy to have to put a pair of man pants on for the senior bowl and hula bowl... when they have to play under center and simulate a pro offense instead of a spread, you're going to see just how badly these guys project at the next level.

what kills me is, how poorly prepared Tebow's college coaches prepared him for the next level... unless, of course the next level they were preparing Tebow for was the CFL... I think he'd have a decent chance there.

Just like Vince Young?

You may want to inform Superbowl winning coaches like John Gruden and Bill Belichick of your opinion, because they're on the record as not sharing it...and, no offense, but I trust their evaluation skills more than yours.

About the crying? Who cares. It's hard to imagine something less important. Has no effect on anyone's grading of Tebow, except for those already pre-disposed to hate him.

I'm not at all sure I want him ... if we got him I'd go along, but I'm not hoping we pick him up.

But he won't be judged on this. He'll be judged on his on-field performances and the combine, and all the usual things.

+1

Now how do you know that he cant? Tebow has never done anything that resembles NFL QB play, but to say he cant to it is crazy. If anything I would say he 100% can because they guy just doesn't accept failure. You wont see him give up on his career like Losman and now Trent have thats for sure.

Tebow will be a seasoned pro at taking snaps from center and taking 3,5 and 7 step drops by the third day of the senior bowl if not before. That crap can be learned by complete idiots in about half an hour. Once his throwing motion is re-worked by an NFL caliber QB coach he will be fine. His accuracy is good but will get exponentially better once his footwork and throwing motion are corrected. Arm strength will improve too. Do you guys remember Aaron Rodgers in college? He threw like a 13 year old girl. How he throws now is 100% different. If Rodgers can change I have no reason to believe Tebow cant. NFL teams draft people on potential - see Aaron Maybin - and no QB in this draft has half the potential Tebow does. He will get drafted early whether he should be or not.

I remember when i was saying these exact same things about Peyton Manning.

Either way, I'm hoping for T. Pike

Wow. I hope you are joking.

That kid has NO ARM. Like, a Chad Pennington arm.

Bradford, Mallet or Clausen please.

I like Pike a lot too, but my main concern is he looks very frail.

I'm not concerned about his stature, Biscuit. While he has fine pocket presence, the offense U Cinn ran (with a bevy of fine receivers) generally kept him free of hits. He was often blitzed, but drifted back and away from the pressure - that's certainly a plus. UC's OL isn't talked up, but they did the job.

He's an interesting prospect - but like most all college qbs, had time afforded that doesn't often occur in the NFL. But he is a "gamer" - no doubt there; I've never seen him get rattled.

Late 2nd round? Middle 3rd?

His stock will rise or fall in their Sugar Bowl game against FLA. Speaking of, they've faced a steady diet all season long of teams running to keep the ball away from their quick strike offense. And faced several strong-running qbs. They should be well-prepared for Tebow's scoots. My guess is that FLA gets favored by 10.

I'm not concerned about his stature, Biscuit. While he has fine pocket presence, the offense U Cinn ran (with a bevy of fine receivers) generally kept him free of hits. He was often blitzed, but drifted back and away from the pressure - that's certainly a plus. UC's OL isn't talked up, but they did the job.

He's an interesting prospect - but like most all college qbs, had time afforded that doesn't often occur in the NFL. But he is a "gamer" - no doubt there; I've never seen him get rattled.

Late 2nd round? Middle 3rd?

His stock will rise or fall in their Sugar Bowl game against FLA. Speaking of, they've faced a steady diet all season long of teams running to keep the ball away from their quick strike offense. And faced several strong-running qbs. They should be well-prepared for Tebow's scoots. My guess is that FLA gets favored by 10.

The opening line is 8 & my guess by game time is it will go as high as 12pts. Not sure which way to go on this one.

I'd still be on board with taking Tebow, provided it's a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and Jake Locker was no longer available. In the first round, and maybe second, we desperately need to draft an LT and/or a big behemoth NT. I really feel like we have good pieces for a 3-4, minus the all-important NT.

I don't care if he cries, breaks glass, breaks wind, or throws a temper tantrum; I want a guy that cares that much about winning as opposed to the "Well, whattaya gonna do?" mentality that infests our current crop of non-QBs.

He's going in the top 20...all it takes is one team.

Just like Vince Young?

You may want to inform Superbowl winning coaches like John Gruden and Bill Belichick of your opinion, because they're on the record as not sharing it...and, no offense, but I trust their evaluation skills more than yours.

+1

Tebow will go in the top 20. And that "one team" will be the Raiders. hahaha. Only team that drafts worse than the Bills.

I don't care about him crying. I care that he can't throw NFL passes.

the Vince Young comparison is not apt. Vince Young has a very strong arm, but a low, slowish delivery. He also has insane speed that causes big defensive problems. Tebow on the other hand has a weak arm with a very slow delivery and isn't fast enough to be a threat against NFL defenses around the edge.

Tebow clearly does have a much better mentality and competitive fire than Young, but if he tries to run like he did in college he will be injured by second week of the season. He will be battered beyond recognition. His arm is like Chad Pennington's with a slower release and bad accuracy. No thanks.

Now how do you know that he cant? Tebow has never done anything that resembles NFL QB play, but to say he cant to it is crazy. If anything I would say he 100% can because they guy just doesn't accept failure. You wont see him give up on his career like Losman and now Trent have thats for sure.

Tebow will be a seasoned pro at taking snaps from center and taking 3,5 and 7 step drops by the third day of the senior bowl if not before. That crap can be learned by complete idiots in about half an hour. Once his throwing motion is re-worked by an NFL caliber QB coach he will be fine. His accuracy is good but will get exponentially better once his footwork and throwing motion are corrected. Arm strength will improve too. Do you guys remember Aaron Rodgers in college? He threw like a 13 year old girl. How he throws now is 100% different. If Rodgers can change I have no reason to believe Tebow cant. NFL teams draft people on potential - see Aaron Maybin - and no QB in this draft has half the potential Tebow does. He will get drafted early whether he should be or not.

What he said. Plus, he has more "grey matter" upstairs and will out-think the other qb's in the list.

He is not an NFL qb. You saw Saturday why he wont be. The only time he really hurt Bama was when he took off running. Thats great in college, but he will get eaten alive in the NFL. I have watched him play for 4 years. He will be out of the league in 4 years with too many concussions.

Take Bradford in the 1st. Get your franchise qb.

I don't care about him crying. I care that he can't throw NFL passes.

the Vince Young comparison is not apt. Vince Young has a very strong arm, but a low, slowish delivery. He also has insane speed that causes big defensive problems. Tebow on the other hand has a weak arm with a very slow delivery and isn't fast enough to be a threat against NFL defenses around the edge.

Tebow clearly does have a much better mentality and competitive fire than Young, but if he tries to run like he did in college he will be injured by second week of the season. He will be battered beyond recognition. His arm is like Chad Pennington's with a slower release and bad accuracy. No thanks.

Tebow does not have a weak arm. It is stronger than Trent Edwards, & he is a BIG WELL BUILT guy so I think he can take a hit. He has also played against the best defenses outside of the NFL.

The opening line is 8 & my guess by game time is it will go as high as 12pts. Not sure which way to go on this one.

Either club could win big, or it might be a last minute squeaker - I'm no bettor - but were I, I'd leave this one alone and look elsewhere. Little school vs. big school, little school that ended up playing worthy opponents, comeback wins, etc.

Too many variables...

Almost 60% 0f all snaps in the NFL are now from the shotgun. The number is increasing annually.

Yeah baby, Go Noles! If Miami wanted a bowl game, they should have won more. Bowls are about TV, not marginally better records.

No. 1 thing in a QB should be "is he a winner?" Look at the greats. They all won at every level and refused to accept losing. The one notable exception was Archie Manning. He deserved a better fate.

The Senior Bowl is all about the practice sessions. Many scouts don't even watch the game. Tebow and McCoy will get evaluated at their pro days. The scouts will look at their film to determine accuracy, decision making under pressure, competitiveness, etc. I doubt either one of them makes or breaks their opportunity in the Senior Bowl.

Wow. I hope you are joking.

That kid has NO ARM. Like, a Chad Pennington arm.

Bradford, Mallet or Clausen please.

Apparently you haven't watched Mallet play. He may be able to throw the ball 100 miles an hour, but he is just awful. Everything about his game other than throwing power is below average.

Tebow does not have a weak arm. It is stronger than Trent Edwards, & he is a BIG WELL BUILT guy so I think he can take a hit. He has also played against the best defenses outside of the NFL.

he has a weak arm, I think it's quite a bit weaker than Trent's. But the thing with Trent is that he has a weakish arm but with a very quick delivery. Tebow's delivery is very slow. As for his size, I think he's big enough to think he can take shots he shouldn't be taking.

the SEC has tough defenses, but nothing like the size/speed combos he's going to see on Sundays.

If Tebow was on the Bills this year we'd see him crying a lot. :devil:

Seriously all of this years QB's scare me. There is no clear cut #1 QB in this draft. 1 or 2 may pan out, but it's difficult to determine who those guys are. I wouldn't draft a single one of them in the first round. I highly doubt that this years QB class will resemble the class or 83. More than likely it will resemble the class of 99.