Scheftner on LA Football, NO BILLS!!

I have ESPN insider

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

There are many candidates for relocation as the project to build a football stadium in Los Angeles continues to take shape. The front-runners are believed to be the Minnesota Vikings, San Diego Chargers, St. Louis Rams and Jacksonville Jaguars, but according to what NFL Insider Adam Schefter wrote in his mailbag today, we might be able to cross the Jags off of that list:

Adam Schefter

Jags unlikely for relocation

"The chances probably are against its being Jacksonville -- a lot has to happen for it to be the Jaguars. Saying that, the NFL has to know it made a mistake by putting a franchise in Jacksonville as opposed to some of the other options it had at the time, such as Memphis and Baltimore. Jacksonville has not supported the NFL the way the league had hoped."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the link, but it does no good unless one has the Insider.

I think that the Jaguars are probably the most likely to move, regardless of hurdles to overcome.

I don't see the Vikings moving with Brett Favre as QB, and a possible deep playoff run on the horizon.

The Rams on the other hand, would be my #2 selection after Jacksonville. They moved from LA. It is clear that after the Limbaugh debacle, the Rams are for sale. They are currently a bad team, and ripe for a change in scenery, front office, personnel, etc.

And I always thought the Rams belonged in LA.

thanks for the link, but it does no good unless one has the Insider.

I think that the Jaguars are probably the most likely to move, regardless of hurdles to overcome.

I don't see the Vikings moving with Brett Favre as QB, and a possible deep playoff run on the horizon.

The Rams on the other hand, would be my #2 selection after Jacksonville. They moved from LA. It is clear that after the Limbaugh debacle, the Rams are for sale. They are currently a bad team, and ripe for a change in scenery, front office, personnel, etc.

And I always thought the Rams belonged in LA.

Do you mean the Cleveland Rams? NFL champs in their last season there in 1945??

No offense, but this doesnt mean anything...he didnt say NO to the Bills, he just didnt include them on his little list, yet every other list, including the group trying to get a team here, has the Bills as one of the 6 possible teams. I live in LA so I see stuff all the time, and the people heading up the stadium and push for an LA team have on more than one occassion, including recently, included the Bills on their list.

So, while I always have and still do think that there are other teams more likely to land here, I would say the Bills are still a possibility (and I would love that personally even though I know you people in Buffalo wouldnt) to come to LA.

PS: They just had a feature on the news the other day with them going over the model they built of the stadium and discussed time frames and such (new stadium is sick). They said they feel they could have a team here next season playing in Rose Bowl or LA Coliseum and then move to the new stadium by 2013...and they believe it will happen...and when discussing teams with they guy heading it all up, they still mentioned Bills as one of the teams...that was I think Sunday...

I have ESPN insider

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

There are many candidates for relocation as the project to build a football stadium in Los Angeles continues to take shape. The front-runners are believed to be the Minnesota Vikings, San Diego Chargers, St. Louis Rams and Jacksonville Jaguars, but according to what NFL Insider Adam Schefter wrote in his mailbag today, we might be able to cross the Jags off of that list:

Adam Schefter

Jags unlikely for relocation

"The chances probably are against its being Jacksonville -- a lot has to happen for it to be the Jaguars. Saying that, the NFL has to know it made a mistake by putting a franchise in Jacksonville as opposed to some of the other options it had at the time, such as Memphis and Baltimore. Jacksonville has not supported the NFL the way the league had hoped."

Or.......maybe......maybe the Jags aren't on the list because their owner has said over and over and over that he's not moving the team there. He would only consider Orlando in the future.

Wow. Thanks "Scoop" Schefter!

No offense, but this doesnt mean anything...he didnt say NO to the Bills, he just didnt include them on his little list, yet every other list, including the group trying to get a team here, has the Bills as one of the 6 possible teams. I live in LA so I see stuff all the time, and the people heading up the stadium and push for an LA team have on more than one occassion, including recently, included the Bills on their list.

So, while I always have and still do think that there are other teams more likely to land here, I would say the Bills are still a possibility (and I would love that personally even though I know you people in Buffalo wouldnt) to come to LA.

PS: They just had a feature on the news the other day with them going over the model they built of the stadium and discussed time frames and such (new stadium is sick). They said they feel they could have a team here next season playing in Rose Bowl or LA Coliseum and then move to the new stadium by 2013...and they believe it will happen...and when discussing teams with they guy heading it all up, they still mentioned Bills as one of the teams...that was I think Sunday...

Why don't you go root for the Pats*? You are NOT a BUFFALO BILLS fan!!!! :thumbsup:

LA is the most pathetic NFL market in the country. With their population every game should be sold out easily, but instead half the stadium was empty. Nothing will change this time around.

While we may seek some reassurance through Schefter' comments, the fact is that the Bills will be sold. That means the potential for a move to L.A. is possible. Timing will have a lot to do with this, as the team LA gets to play in their new palace will NOT be an expansion team. It will be a relocated franchise. The Chargers are the most likely candidate, but the best thing for the Bills situation is for their sale to not take place until after there is a team moved to LA. However, that city that has its team swiped may look to steal the Bills. A complex situation indeed. Our only real hope is that some billionaire(s) with a personal interest in keeping the team in WNY emerge when the time comes. Maybe Ralph will live to be 100? :thumbsup:

Its huge that Adam Schefter is writing about this, part of the meeting the Bills had with Shanahan was about the future of the Bills. If there was anything that looked like Buffalo was in danger Shefter would know.

does not rule out Toronto in anyway... though i think that shipp may have sailed. looks like old Ralphy Boy fleeced Rogers before he passed...