Bud Adams flies the double bird at Bills

timstep

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ills-were-no-1/

Seriously, did the Bills pull a Joey Porter and talk smack this week I am unaware of? Wonder if he throat punched a handicapped kid on the way out and ran over some kittens in his limo.

I mean, I expect this from juiced up, over stimulated players, not 86-year old geriatrics.

I heard Jauron got so angry and upset with Adam's "salute" that he wrote a very strongly worded letter to state his displeasure. But then cooler heads prevailed and he decided not to mail it. The act of writing was enough to sooth him.

It's hard to mail letters in the NFL.

I heard Jauron got so angry and upset with Adam's "salute" that he wrote a very strongly worded letter to state his displeasure. But then cooler heads prevailed and he decided not to mail it. The act of writing was enough to sooth him.

This is my favorite post of all-time.

Youtube video of Bud and his Birds.

Does anyone follow the Commish on Twitter? Commish was sitting in Bud's box at the game until the 4th quarter when Commish went to sit with a fan who twittered him (seriously). Since we know he reads his feed, posting this vid to the Commish's twitter might lead to some interesting repercussions.

My god who cares! Kudos to Bud for showing the whole nation what most of us think of our **** team. Maybe we need more of this, being mocked by a pathetic 86 year old douche bag, to light a fire under someone, ANYONE, in this organization. I hope Ralph saw it, and I hope it found some little area in his demented old brain to get pissed enough to realize maybe, just MAYBE, we need a FOOTBALL guy to turn things around so we aren't seen as the pitiful franchise we've become.

RTB

If it was intended to Modrak, Guy, and Brandon, then I second it!

But on a serious note: there is no place for Chad 'I'm an idiot' Cinco and his antics, and this vulgarity from an owner is clearly unacceptable. Atleast $20,000 should fix it.

Commish?

Adams has apparently had second thoughts. Statement from the Titans:

“I need to apologize for my actions yesterday near the end of the game. I got caught up in the excitement of a great day, but I do realize that those types of things shouldn’t happen. I need to specifically apologize to the Bills, their fans, our fans and the NFL. I obviously have a great deal of respect for Ralph Wilson and the history we have shared. I also understand there will probably be league discipline for my actions and I will accept those.”

— Titans Owner K.S. "Bud" Adams, Jr.

Bud can flip away all he wants. His team still choked away a 32-point lead in the playoffs to us. That record of shame still stands.

PTR

I think the Home Run forward pass and trip to the Super Bowl that year more than made up for it.

I suspect there is history between the owners that is not being disclosed...it's hard to believe those gestures weren't aimed at Wilson.

In a literal or figurative sense? Not sure Wilson would have made the trip.

But considering RCW's staunch disapproval of franchise relocation, including Adams running the Oilers into the ground to get out of his lease in Houston, one suspects there may have been words exchanged between the two on that subject.

Ralph, at the 1996 league meetings: "I think people who follow it very closely have lost a lot of respect for the NFL with all this shifting around of franchises and players. Pro football is such a tremendous sport if the owners and players don't ruin it."

(Some irony there, in retrospect. As always, thanks to Sal Maiorana and Relentless -- you can find that quote in Vol. II.)

Jaurons letters = United Nations