Shooting unarmed, injured enemy combatants ...

Now we're shooting unarmed, injured enemy combatants? I can't WAIT to hear Bush's lawyers turn this one into a perfectly acceptable act according to their 'interpretation' of the articles of the Geneva Convention. I saw the video ... both versions. Sickening. Apparently even the right-wing, hawk whacko's who make up most of the regulars in PPP (and provide at least one 'moderator' as well) aren't too thrilled about it either. Or, at least, they seem silent on the matter. But I must comment. Yes, you all know I hate this war already. But THIS takes it to a new low. The silence from the hawks in here is deafening ... that's why I'm posting this. When I post ... on ANYTHING, at ANY TIME ... I know I can count on an Alaska Dimwit or a DiCkless Tom response in seconds. Bring it, boys ...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we're shooting unarmed, injured enemy combatants? I can't WAIT to hear Bush's lawyers turn this one into a perfectly acceptable act according to their 'interpretation' of the articles of the Geneva Convention. I saw the video ... both versions. Sickening. Apparently even the right-wing, hawk whacko's who make up most of the regulars in PPP (and provide at least one 'moderator' as well) aren't too thrilled about it either. Or, at least, they seem silent on the matter. But I must comment. Yes, you all now I hate this war already. But THIS takes it to a new low. The silence from the hawks in here is deafening ... that's why I'm posting this. When I post ... on ANYTHING, at ANY TIME ... I know I can count on an Alaska Dimwit or a DiCkless Tom response in seconds. Bring it, boys ...

120236[/snapback]

Do you have a link for the video?

Now we're shooting unarmed, injured enemy combatants? I can't WAIT to hear Bush's lawyers turn this one into a perfectly acceptable act according to their 'interpretation' of the articles of the Geneva Convention. I saw the video ... both versions. Sickening. Apparently even the right-wing, hawk whacko's who make up most of the regulars in PPP (and provide at least one 'moderator' as well) aren't too thrilled about it either. Or, at least, they seem silent on the matter. But I must comment. Yes, you all know I hate this war already. But THIS takes it to a new low. The silence from the hawks in here is deafening ... that's why I'm posting this. When I post ... on ANYTHING, at ANY TIME ... I know I can count on an Alaska Dimwit or a DiCkless Tom response in seconds. Bring it, boys ...

120236[/snapback]

You ever been in combat? Hell you ever trained for building clearing? I have, you don't have time to !@#$ around. You kill everything in sight and move on.

Pretty damn easy to backseat drive from the comfort of your liberal !@#$ing chair isn't? Especially when you have never done it, and have no clue. Do yourself a favor and STFU.

You ever been in combat?  Hell you ever trained for building clearing?  I have, you don't have time to !@#$ around.  You kill everything in sight and move on. 

Pretty damn easy to backseat drive from the comfort of your liberal !@#$ing chair isn't?  Especially when you have never done it, and have no clue.  Do yourself a favor and STFU.

120258[/snapback]

The video tells the story.

This one was clear.

I know I can count on an Alaska Dimwit or a DiCkless Tom response in seconds. Bring it, boys ...

120236[/snapback]

From the author of "How to Make Friends and Influ......"

Is it possible that real life circumstances can sometimes blur the lines of what is right and wrong? Not if you don't think very deeply.

Would you shoot a prisoner if he was about to blow you or a fellow soldier up? No? You would blame the President or the closest Republican you could point a finger at?

Im sure you are aware of the fact that a booby-trapped insurgent blew up a U.S. soldier the day before, right? When he tried to aid a wounded advesary? If such proved to be the provocation here, would you retract you beligerantly partisan and pacifistic comments above? Not likely, Im sure. "War bad, hate Republicans, hate Bush, give peace a chance, blah blah blah."

Dude, somethings are worth dying for. Some things are even worth killing for.

120236[/snapback]

"One of them's still breathing!"

<M-16 spurt>

"Now he's not."

-----

I guess we can take comfort that everyone in the known world can see what this admin is allowing by sending the message to our troops that the Geneva Convention doesn't apply to us anymore. And they'll treat our soldiers in like kind.

The point is to have more moral authority than the terrorists. Not to be down in the ditch with them.

The video tells the story. 

This one was clear.

120261[/snapback]

I haven't seen it, but I was taught by the FBI. We were taught to double tap until nothing moves. We were not taught to take prisoners or give a rats ass about them. I haven't seen the video, but this is what HRT taught us, and was to be the expected Marine Corps building clearing method. Again, we were taught no prisoners, period.

Enemy combatants fighting from a "Mosque" is AGAINST International Law. The enemy combatants in the "Mosque" were NOT prisoners. The soldier had no idea of the intentions of the enemy combatant. He probably did not want to wait to find out if the enemy combatant was indeed armed. Probably wanted to err on the side of living.

War is hell...it is obvious that the soldier was not being negligent or criminal in his actions. His actions are perfectly understandable because I would have done the same thing.

Shooting an injured, unarmed enemy combatant is NOT the same as shooting somebody waving a white flag.

These scum sucking terrorists (NOT "INSURGENTS) have also used a white flag to attack Americans. They waive the flag and act like they are surrendering. When the soldiers got close, they whipped out concealed weapons and attacked.

Terrorists have faked being dead and then attacked us. Thety can lie there and when the soldier checks if he is dead, they can pull athe pin on a grenade on their body. They have also booby-trapped dead bodies- one was found in a torture chamber last week.

Interesting isn't it? The people who are now defending this action are some of the same ones who condemned John Kerry for shooting a fleeing attacker in the back?

It's not all black and white, is it, much though some of you might like it that way.

Ahhhhh I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning....or any time. It's always thick around here.

Suppose for ***** and giggles the guy is hiding a grenade and pulls the pin when there are more Marines around? It's war. I suppose this is going to be scumbag Michael Moore's next movie and thousands and thousands will flock to see it.

120279[/snapback]

Supposedly that's one of the things they have been doing - acting dead or wounded until Marines are close enough that they can do some damage.

Haven't seen the video. Sounds pretty bad, though.

Where are all the stories about how bad things were for the 8 months that the 'insurgents' (insurgents from Syria, that is) were in command of Fallujah? No one cares about that? It's only about 1000x worse than this one incident. There are no more rules for these terrorists - and I doubt I'd take any chances with them either.

Interesting isn't it?  The people who are now defending this action are some of the same ones who condemned John Kerry for shooting a fleeing attacker in the back?

It's not all black and white, is it, much though some of you might like it that way.

Ahhhhh I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning....or any time.  It's always thick around here.

120285[/snapback]

Its one think to shoot a fleeing enemy, its another to claim you are a hero for doing so.

I haven't seen it, but I was taught by the FBI.  We were taught to double tap until nothing moves.  We were not taught to take prisoners or give a rats ass about them.  I haven't seen the video, but this is what HRT taught us, and was to be the expected Marine Corps building clearing method.  Again, we were taught no prisoners, period.

120267[/snapback]

I went through the training earlier this year, and it was the most intese training I have gone through. Trust me, Navy guys have no business doing this type of crap unless they have been through BUD/S. Just want to add that the douple taps are also to be head shots.

Good posts VA.

120236[/snapback]

Spoken just like a pansy-assed liberal ideologist. Tell us again how much you support the troops when the only time your ass is on the line is when you're waiting at the fuggin' drive through. People like you are the reason we lose so many troops. Your kind has made our ROE virtually the same size as "War and Peace", so instead of killing all the enemy in a professional military manner, we lose good men to terrorist tactics like some dying Ass hole sitting on an HE grenade and rolling just enough to kill everyone in the blast radius.

You are such a P.O.S. Keep pretending you know WTF you are talking about.

You also saw Farenheit 9/11 and bit it like a chinook on a treble hook. Brilliant guy, you are. Buying the same silliness yet again.

120236[/snapback]

Yeah, killing terrorists is so "sickening". Maybe the next bomb will hit your town and we can hear your pathetic bleeding heart crap then.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Holy mother of God, I can't believe you are pissing and moaning about this. What kind of fuggin' world do you think we live in? You think now is the time to be some bleeding heart kitty? Christ, Petrino, I knew you were something of a liberal, but bitching about something like this is so incredibly pussified I'm at a loss for words.

I'm sure Nick Berg and Hassan would prefer we take a more liberal approach to these scumbags.

You're lost, Petrino. Completely lost.

Holy mother of God, I can't believe you are pissing and moaning about this. What kind of fuggin' world do you think we live in? You think now is the time to be some bleeding heart kitty? Christ, Petrino, I knew you were something of a liberal, but bitching about something like this is so incredibly pussified I'm at a loss for words.

I'm sure Burg and Hassan would prefer we take a more liberal approach to these scumbags.

You're lost, Petrino. Completely lost.

120401[/snapback]

Lost? What channel is it on. DING!!!!

Hey Petrino :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Lost? What channel is it on. DING!!!!

Hey Petrino :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

120414[/snapback]

I'd like to know where the hell he went?

Come on, Petrino. You make this stupid-ass comment and then run when everyone wants to argue the point with you? Christ, even BF stays around after making such a naive comment.

Like you say, Petrino. BRING IT!

Nice hit an run, as always. Care to come back and discuss the facts of the case and what lead to the action?

Didn't think so. Moron.

Full story if you have the guts to read it.

Nice to spout from your venom infested mind and missing important elements of the cause of action and how they may play in the theater of war.

Sites reported that a Marine in the same unit had been killed a day earlier when he tended to the booby-trapped dead body of an insurgent.

NBC reported that the Marine seen shooting the wounded combatant had himself been shot in the face the day before, but quickly returned to duty.

Maybe instead of these posts, you could do society a favor and invent a device that will tell the Marines in combat whether a bad guy is really dead or is playing chicken.

The Marine deserves a friggin medal, not condescention from a smug &*&*&%.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Maybe instead of these posts, you could do society a favor and invent a device that will tell the Marines in combat whether a bad guy is really dead or is playing chicken.

120519[/snapback]

I've read where the Marines were told before entering there were wounded prisoners in the mosque.

If that is accurate, it certainly changes the dynamics of the situation. A prisoner and a combatant are two different things, and that seems to be what they're investigating.

I also read they are investigating why five wounded prisoners were left without medical care and/or supervision.

I've read where the Marines were told before entering there were wounded prisoners in the mosque. 

If that is accurate, it certainly changes the dynamics of the situation.  A prisoner and a combatant are two different things, and that seems to be what they're investigating. 

I also read they are investigating why five wounded prisoners were left without medical care and/or supervision.

120557[/snapback]

Read a paragraph or two before. There was another unit of Marines that had cared for these 5 injured prior to the second unit coming in. The second unit apparently did not know the first unit had gone through and left wounded inside.

120236[/snapback]

Truth is, that type of thing is common. It's happened in all wars by all combattants (including American soldiers) in history. Judging this war and this administration by this single action that, in war, is commonplace, is ludicrously KzooMike.

Hey libs -- just think about it. Our guys have swept Fallujah for over a week now and the worst you can find to criticize them is a soldier finishing off a guy who was probably as good as gone anyway. You are forgetting your freaking talking points!!! You don't care about armed combatants -- it's only when they drop their weapons and enter military prisons that you care about them. Keep your eyes on the big picture, libs. Think of all the innocent civilians that must have been killed during this battle. Now run off to your media sources, get back on-topic, and then come back and report to us the truly disgraceful numbers (from a liberal perspective).

The libs arent around to discuss this right now. They are too busy huddled up concocting stories of voter intimidation and fraud. Havent you heard? Oh yeah...check out Moveon and some other sites. Seems, like in 2000, there was mass intimidation of voters at the polls, roadblocks in minority neighborhoods, cops telling people on line to disperse, on and on. Of course, there is not a single picture or video or other proof of all this, and of course, it took place by their account only in poor minority and immigrant neighborhoods, but what the hey....................

120646[/snapback]

They're having a hell of a time trying to get the Kerry/Edwards stickers off their cars.

The libs arent around to discuss this right now.

120646[/snapback]

That's not altogether true. Petrino was here to discuss it.

Actually, that's not altogether true, either. He showed up long enough to blather about this topic and then go hide and not come back to argue whatever point he felt necessary to make with this topic.

I just checked out the video and honestly, I think the marine did what he had to do. I mean, it looks like they were checking the entire interior (I dont care that its a mosque...if a crazy person was shooting people from a church, would anyone have a problem storming the church to stop him?) and when they found someone alive, the marine acted swiftly to make sure the guy didnt pull out a firearm or explosive device. This is war people, and one more bad guy is dead. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

Supposedly that's one of the things they have been doing - acting dead or wounded until Marines are close enough that they can do some damage.

Haven't seen the video.  Sounds pretty bad, though.

Where are all the stories about how bad things were for the 8 months that the 'insurgents' (insurgents from Syria, that is) were in command of Fallujah?  No one cares about that?  It's only about 1000x worse than this one incident.  There are no more rules for these terrorists - and I doubt I'd take any chances with them either.

120289[/snapback]

Don't be absurd. The vast majority of those fighting in Fallujah are Iraqi. The US have taken about a thousand prisoners and ,of those, only about two dozen are foreign.

That's not altogether true. Petrino was here to discuss it.

Actually, that's not altogether true, either. He showed up long enough to blather about this topic and then go hide and not come back to argue whatever point he felt necessary to make with this topic.

120652[/snapback]

Probably because we already knew he's a moron. He just wanted to illustrate it one more time, for old times sake.