Shooting unarmed, injured enemy combatants ...

Yeah, I just love how the vast majority of liberals use the freedoms paid for in blood by these brave boys to denigrate their actions and call for their heads.

I HATE liberalism.

140739[/snapback]

Of course, if those freedoms are unused, all the blood spilled in their defense is wasted.

Personally...I think an honest (even if disagreeable) criticism of soldiers honors the fallen moreso than your blind criticism of such, simply because it exercise those freedoms rather than suppresses them.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard this morning that the soldier has been totally cleared.

I have read that the soldier had gotten shrapnel in his face the day before in a similar situation. There was a terrorist bleeding, calling for a doctor and when the Marines went to him, he rolls over with a grenade and killed several GIs. This soldier was making sure a similar thing didn't happen to him.

Of course, if those freedoms are unused, all the blood spilled in their defense is wasted. 

Personally...I think an honest (even if disagreeable) criticism of soldiers honors the fallen moreso than your blind criticism of such, simply because it exercise those freedoms rather than suppresses them.

141067[/snapback]

I'm not suppressing anything. Merely pointing out that the idiots in the media who wanted to crucify this poor kid for doing what had to be done and people like Petrino who don't have the nards to defend their own country yet are all to willing hide behind those who do.

Maybe Heinlein did have it right after all.

• 1 month later...
BUMP.  Since our favorite lemming decided to show up for his quarterly beating.

214655[/snapback]

You & Tom should show up a one of the Lot 1 Pole 5 parties before a home game and talk to the TBD people ... While listening to the various reasons why many of them don't bother with PP&P any more, you might get a new perspective on "lemmings"...

-

- Nonetheless, I actually enjoy locking horns with the know-it-all, blowhard chat room commandos. So here I am ...

-

- So tell me ... Did the soldier who shot the unarmed injured prone guy get his medal yet?

You & Tom should show up a one of the Lot 1 Pole 5 parties before a home game and talk to the TBD people ... While listening to the various reasons why many of them don't bother with PP&P any more, you might get a new perspective on "lemmings"...

-

- Nonetheless, I actually enjoy locking horns with the know-it-all, blowhard chat room commandos. So here I am ...

-

- So tell me ... Did the soldier who shot the unarmed injured prone guy get his medal yet?

214659[/snapback]

He was cleared of all wrong doing and is back with his unit on the ground. Once again proving that people who are full of sound based on media sponsored fury signify nothing.

Yeah, Tom and I are the problem. Keep telling yourself that.

He was cleared of all wrong doing and is back with his unit on the ground.  Once again proving that people who are full of sound based on media sponsored fury signify nothing.

Yeah, Tom and I are the problem.  Keep telling yourself that.

214663[/snapback]

I didn't ask if he was back on the ground. They're desperately short on personnel and would take YOU in a minute. I asked if he got his medal yet. I refuse to watch FOX, so I may have merely missed it if he did ...

I didn't ask if he was back on the ground. They're desperately short on personnel and would take YOU in a minute. I asked if he got his medal yet. I refuse to watch FOX, so I may have merely missed it if he did ...

214666[/snapback]

Marines don't get medals for doing their jobs and you know so little about the military it doesn't surprise me that's all you have to offer as a response. I'm sure they would take me back, since I've been there, am trained, would pass the physical, etc. Can you say the same thing? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I don't watch Fox News either. Not sure what that has to do with anything - other than proving you don't actually have a point. No change there.

Marines don't get medals for doing their jobs and you know so little about the military it doesn't surprise me that's all you have to offer as a response.  I'm sure they would take me back, since I've been there, am trained, would pass the physical, etc.  Can you say the same thing?  Yeah, I didn't think so.

I don't watch Fox News either.  Not sure what that has to do with anything - other than proving you don't actually have a point.  No change there.

214667[/snapback]

Well, then, why aren't you at an enlistment center?

??? I said it. It was in English, too. I looked in the online Alaska Yellow Pages but this was the closest I could find:

-

--United States Government

- U S Coast Guard, Coast Guard Recruiting Office, Dimond Center

- Anchorage, AK 99501

-Phone:(907)271-4545

-They can probably direct you to a Marine enlistment center. If they can't, don't worry ... You can join the Coast Guard in Alaska and probably still wind up in Iraq ...

Let me get this straight:

You, a 45 year old government office weenie questions the tactics of a US Marine in combat. Me, a 12 year decorated veteran defends the Marine and now I need to go down and (re)enlist? I did my time.

BTW, I was against this war - but don't let that get in the way of making a fool of yourself yet again.

-By the way, a common symptom of "blow-hard, know-it-all, chat room commando syndrome" often involves questiong another's manhood from five thousand miles away.

-

- Like Clint said in the movie, "You're starting to bore me."

214682[/snapback]

You can use any label and lame argument you want to justify your lahjik. It simply shows you for what you are.

214666[/snapback]

As a matter of fact you little sh-- he did get a medal. Along with his unit received only the second Presidential Unit Medal for a Marine uniit since Vietnam. So I guess not only was he cleared, but commended for it and his unit was given the highest award a unit can get. Now STFU, grow up and go the !@#$ away you little lawn gnome.

214659[/snapback]

I was at the tailgate, and you refused to talk politics. I guess that kinda shoots a hole in your "5000 miles away" lahjik, when we were face to face and you didn't have the cajones to discuss anything with me.

• 3 months later...

Wow. I didn't realize this was still up here. Apparently my opinion was SO weak that it prompted 2,436 views AND 137 responses. Must've struck quite a nerve with the "kill 'em all" crowd in here, huh? Oh, and the reason I declined to talk politics at the Lot 1 parties was ecaxtly that. Thank you anyway, though ... Oh, and to the name-calling idiots ... This strengthens your argument ... um ... HOW, again?

Apparently alot of people enjoyed watching you make a fool of yourself (again). But I'm sure lauding yourself instead helps you sleep better.

I especially liked KRC's final response to your regular hypocrisy. Care to respond to it or will this be another of your patented "hit and run" wankerness?

Apparently alot of people enjoyed watching you make a fool of yourself (again). 

313203[/snapback]

I enjoyed it plenty. :rolleyes:

I especially liked KRC's final response to your regular hypocrisy.  Care to respond to it or will this be another of your patented "hit and run" wankerness?
Who cares? Either way, let the beating continue....

Wow. I didn't realize this was still up here. Apparently my opinion was SO weak that it prompted 2,436 views AND 137 responses.  Must've struck quite a nerve with the "kill 'em all" crowd in here, huh?  Oh, and the reason I declined to talk politics at the Lot 1 parties was ecaxtly that.  Thank you anyway, though ...  Oh, and to the name-calling idiots ... This strengthens your argument ... um ... HOW, again?

313196[/snapback]

So care to explain why this Marine was not only absolved of your crime but he and his unit was given one of the highest awards that can be bestowed upon them. Or are you going to go run away and hide again?

Talk about a coward.

Wow. I didn't realize this was still up here. Apparently my opinion was SO weak that it prompted 2,436 views AND 137 responses.  Must've struck quite a nerve with the "kill 'em all" crowd in here, huh?  Oh, and the reason I declined to talk politics at the Lot 1 parties was ecaxtly that.  Thank you anyway, though ...  Oh, and to the name-calling idiots ... This strengthens your argument ... um ... HOW, again?

313196[/snapback]

You should know, after all this time here, that the posts that prompt the most views and responses are inevitably the dumbest ones... :rolleyes:

Apparently alot of people enjoyed watching you make a fool of yourself (again).  But I'm sure lauding yourself instead helps you sleep better.

I especially liked KRC's final response to your regular hypocrisy.  Care to respond to it or will this be another of your patented "hit and run" wankerness?

313203[/snapback]

If by "fool" you mean not condoning the shooting of injured, unarmed people, then I'll wear the badge proudly. By the way, being outnumbered doesn't make me wrong. So go ahead and insult me if that makes YOU feel better.

You should know, after all this time here, that the posts that prompt the most views and responses are inevitably the dumbest ones...  :rolleyes:

313223[/snapback]

What I've noticed is that the posts that generate the most and the nastiest responses are actually the ones where nobody seems to have a valid counter-argument against the poster. It's kind of hard to condone what I was railing against, so why not default to name calling. Hey, Darrin says I'm a "fool" and you say my post was "dumb". Where I come from, that does not constitute debate. Try again later ...

So care to explain why this Marine was not only absolved of your crime but he and his unit was given one of the highest awards that can be bestowed upon them.  Or are you going to go run away and hide again? 

Talk about a coward.

313221[/snapback]

Again, "coward" is an insult. But while you don't deserve a response, I shall give one anyway ... The people making the decision to absolve and bestowing the medal answer directly to the Commander-In-Chief of the United States Armed Forces. Now, given that, did you really expect it to turn out any other way?

If by "fool" you mean not condoning the shooting of injured, unarmed people, then I'll wear the badge proudly. By the way, being outnumbered doesn't make me wrong. So go ahead and insult me if that makes YOU feel better.

313236[/snapback]

Who was under a blanket and in a position where he easily could have concealed a weapon, and you are not aware of whether he made a quick movement, etc under the blanket.

The Marine was found innocent, get over it. It is better that he did the right things and the other guy died then have him or his fellow Marines come home in a body bag.

Again, "coward" is an insult. But while you don't deserve a response, I shall give one anyway ... The people making the decision to absolve and bestowing the medal answer directly to the Commander-In-Chief of the United States Armed Forces. Now, given that, did you really expect it to turn out any other way?

313239[/snapback]

Yes. We have convicted several people including one in Gitmo for killing and or torturing prisoners.

Who cares? Either way, let the beating continue....

313208[/snapback]

~ SilverNRed

If you think that what the blow-hard, know-it-all, chatroom commandos in here are doing to me constitutes "beating", well... then you must've really loved the way our Bills "beat" the crap out of the Cowboys in the Super Bowl in Pasedena. Hell, we even gave them another beating again the next Super Bowl in Atlanta, but not as bad ... Let the beating continue indeed!

What I've noticed is that the posts that generate the most and the nastiest responses are actually the ones where nobody seems to have a valid counter-argument against the poster. It's kind of hard to condone what I was railing against, so why not default to name calling. Hey, Darrin says I'm a "fool" and you say my post was "dumb". Where I come from, that does not constitute debate. Try again later ...

313237[/snapback]

Debate? What !@#$ing debate???? What the hell is wrong with you? You started the thread, then disappeared, and are now bitching that we couldn't engage you in a debate???

Of course we couldn't, you crap throwing monkey...you weren't here to engage. :rolleyes: If you want debate, shut the hell up, go back and READ the thread you started, and respond to the reasonable responses to your initial post. There were a few...

If you think that what the blow-hard, know-it-all, chatroom commandos in here are doing to me constitutes "beating", well... then you must've really loved the way our Bills "beat" the crap out of the Cowboys in the Super Bowl in Pasedena. Hell, we even gave them another beating again the next Super Bowl in Atlanta, but not as bad ... Let the beating continue indeed!

313243[/snapback]

Yeah, you're....um....doing really well here....

:rolleyes:

The people making the decision to absolve and bestowing the medal answer directly to the Commander-In-Chief of the United States Armed Forces. Now, given that, did you really expect it to turn out any other way?

Speaking as a former servicemember, FU too.

People who do not support the war, but support the troops - next time you find yourself in an argument about your integrity on those two stances, you can thank the idiots who make retarded statements like the one above for enforcing the stereotype.

Debate?  What !@#$ing debate????  What the hell is wrong with you?  You started the thread, then disappeared, and are now bitching that we couldn't engage you in a debate???

Of course we couldn't, you crap throwing monkey...you weren't here to engage.  :lol:  If you want debate, shut the hell up, go back and READ the thread you started, and respond to the reasonable responses to your initial post.  There were a few...

313270[/snapback]

?

Last time I looked it was pinned. How twisted is that? This is one twisted, perverted and vindictive site?

God I love it! :w00t:

You related to DC Tom?

As everyone (except you, apparently) knows, I am (or was) DC Tom.  It's not like you've tripped over a closely held secret...

313692[/snapback]

Thanks!

I wasn't sure since I don't view the board and keep up to date as much anymore... Picking and choosing stuff to view, respond, and follow up on.

I just wasn't around for the change-over.

A few posts ago... I asked who you were, got no response?

I could really care less. It has been more a curiosity to me. You are the same supercilious, pedantic anal orifice as always. :w00t::lol: Your style shows through... Especially, when you back it with knowledge of history.

It still doesn't explain why this vindicative stuff gets pinned? It is "ticky-tacky." Then again, I fully realize that is better left for another sub-forum, discussion.

Again, ACCEPT my sincerest apology for indulging my curiosity. A pure LAMP (and lazy) move on my part not to PM you.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Thanks!

I wasn't sure since I don't view the board and keep up to date as much anymore... Picking and choosing stuff to view, respond, and follow up on.

I just wasn't around for the change-over.

A few posts ago... I asked who you were, got no response?

I could really care less.  It has been more a curiosity to me.  You are the same supercilious, pedantic anal orifice as always.  :D  :D  Your style shows through... Especially, when you back it with knowledge of history.

It still doesn't explain why this vindicative stuff gets pinned?  It is "ticky-tacky."  Then again, I fully realize that is better left for another sub-forum, discussion.

Again, except my sincerest apology for indulging my curiosity.  A pure LAMP (and lazy) move on my part not to PM you.

313768[/snapback]

But now, posting as crap throwing monkey more accurately describes the general utility of this board. Everyone else acts like crap throwing monkeys here...at least I'm honest about it. :lol:

What's really amusing is when people complain to the moderators "Help! I'm being picked on by a crap-throwing monkey!" :w00t:

But now, posting as crap throwing monkey more accurately describes the general utility of this board.  Everyone else acts like crap throwing monkeys here...at least I'm honest about it.  :P

What's really amusing is when people complain to the moderators "Help!  I'm being picked on by a crap-throwing monkey!"  :D

313785[/snapback]

I was just thinking as I was riding down the lock wall... AD's voice rang in my head... I DID IT AGAIN... I wrote EXCEPT for ACCEPT above.

I guess people really write like they pronounce things!

It is ACCEPT!

Me bad!

:w00t::lol::D

313196[/snapback]

So, what you are saying is that you are a hypocrite. You tell people to show up at the tailgate, but when they show up at the tailgate you say that you will not talk to them.

Ummm...OK. Way to strengthen your argument. :D

Doesn't this constitute double jeapordy? 

318968[/snapback]

I think I read somewhere that double jeopardy doesn't apply to military proceedings, only civil/criminal proceedings. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I do have that right.

I love lawyers and politics.  The Marine was cleared returned to full duty, given a medal.  Someone complained and now he is being investigated again.  Doesn't this constitute double jeapordy?  Different case but similar circumstances. 

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/26/marine.i...h.ap/index.html

318968[/snapback]

And in addition to what Campy said...if it's a different case, it's not double jeopardy. If it were the SAME case, it would be...but different cases are different (duh); just because you're tried for one doesn't preclude being tried for the other. If that were the case, it would mean that Michael Jackson could never be tried again for any other molestation case after he's found innocent in this one.

I think I read somewhere that double jeopardy doesn't apply to military proceedings, only civil/criminal proceedings.  I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I do have that right.

319391[/snapback]

Answering both you and the simian. This is the same case and hence double jeapordy. Also, the military does have protection against double jeapordy. Just we always found ways around it when you were convicted in civilian court, you would be charged with "Action unbecoming" etc... You cannot be brought up on the same offense.

Answering both you and the simian.  This is the same case and hence double jeapordy.  Also, the military does have protection against double jeapordy.  Just we always found ways around it when you were convicted in civilian court, you would be charged with "Action unbecoming" etc...  You cannot be brought up on the same offense.

319527[/snapback]

You can't be TRIED twice for the same offense. Big difference. There was no trial, simply a "not enough evidence" thing. Perhaps they got more evidence. To be honest, if he ordered their handcuffs removed and then had to cap them...