I'm a Yankees fan

Gotta Dream

How many were with the team, much less juicing, when they last won a WS?

At least two, Giambi and Clemens, the last time they went, with a strong possibility that they weren't alone...

Just Clemens the last time they won it...

But I do have to concede that it was last century and 'roids weren't illegal yet.

All though it is interesting to note that the Yankees haven't won a world series since 'roids became illegal...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least two, Giambi and Clemens, the last time they went, with a strong possibility that they weren't alone...

But I do have to concede that it was last century and 'roids weren't illegal yet.

All though it is interesting to note that the Yankees haven't won a world series since 'roids became illegal...

Nevermind that there are well over 100 other players that have tested positive before it was illegal whose names havn't been released.

But I get it, you have a point that you are trying to make,

carry on :rolleyes:

You left off Pettitte.

The last six World Series' haven't been competitive. 3 out of the last 5 WS were won in 4 games and the other 2 were won in a 5 game series.

This matchup has the potential to be one of the best World Series in recent memory and, on a personal level, it is going to pretty interesting for me being a Yankees fan living in the heart of Phillies' country.

The Yanks' last WS win was in 2000. Radomski said he was sending Clemens (and probably Pettite) HGH in 2002. The Sox OTOH were definitely aided by Manny and Papi's juicing.

:D I really hate baseball, but I was born outside Philly so I consider myself a Phillies fan. I didn't watch one baseball game last year but just for :censored: and giggles I consider them my #1 team. My second favorite baseball team, and very, very, very close second favorite is any team that pisses off a Yankees fan. :D

Hey why not become a Cowboys, Notre Dame and Lakers fan too, complete the trifecta of douchebag teams. :lol:

:sick:

yeah, because ND's been so dominant for the past 20 years....

You have to love an organization that will do everything and anything to win! With the revenue that the Yankees generate and have to share with the other clubs all of the other teams want them to do well also. No body bitches about the Red Sox or Cubs or Dodgers who spend big dollars on free agents. Don't hate the players or the teams Hate the Game! GO YANKEES America's Team!

Everybody talks about how rooting for the Yankees is so easy - the old saying was that rooting for the Yankees was like rooting for US Steel............So, I've been a fan for 40 years and they have won 6 championships in that time and they were in a two year and five year period, not spread out by any means............So, there have been stretches of 8, 18 and 9 years where they did not win championships during my fan lifetime............It just doesn't hold water when you really look at recent history.

If you want to laugh...or cry...listen to the comments of joyous Yankee fans talking about "how long it's been" since the Yanks made it to the World Series, or "how hard it is on the fans to go through such a drought." These people have no idea what a drought is.

PTR

If you want to laugh...or cry...listen to the comments of joyous Yankee fans talking about "how long it's been" since the Yanks made it to the World Series, or "how hard it is on the fans to go through such a drought." These people have no idea what a drought is.

PTR

It's all relative...

PTR

I hear you. As a Bills/Yanks fan, I'm on both sides of this argument. I do think that part of what you're hearing is a product of the faithful wanting Jeter/Mo/Posada/Pettite to win one more for old time's sake. They're not going to be around forever.

Everybody talks about how rooting for the Yankees is so easy - the old saying was that rooting for the Yankees was like rooting for US Steel............So, I've been a fan for 40 years and they have won 6 championships in that time and they were in a two year and five year period, not spread out by any means............So, there have been stretches of 8, 18 and 9 years where they did not win championships during my fan lifetime............It just doesn't hold water when you really look at recent history.

Boo hoo cry me a river, I have been a Mets fan since 1983, they have won one championship in my 27 years of being a fan. Routing for the Yankees is the surest thing in any sport, even if they have not won a ws for 8 years. You know they are going to be competitive every year.

Boo hoo cry me a river, I have been a Mets fan since 1983, they have won one championship in my 27 years of being a fan. Routing for the Yankees is the surest thing in any sport, even if they have not won a ws for 8 years. You know they are going to be competitive every year.

Boo hooo cry me a river :thumbsup:

Yeah, they were real competitive when I was a kid in the early 70s......they were really competitive from '82-'95.........They friggin sucked. They sucked so bad they had the number one draft pick.......My Mets friend was doing a position by position and saying the Mets were better at every position, and he wouldn't even give me first base with Mattingly vs. Hernandez.