Jason Peters watch

JCBoston

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eagles couldn't afford the extra 500k he wanted to finish the game

Careful, Jeremy. There's a 97 page, 12,000 post (and counting) thread below full of the opinions of those ready to smite you for your sacrilege. Be prepared. And be very, VERY afraid of these people.

GO BILLS!!!

Careful, Jeremy. There's a 97 page, 12,000 post (and counting) thread below full of the opinions of those ready to smite you for your sacrilege. Be prepared. And be very, VERY afraid of these people.

GO BILLS!!!

I didn't say he was bad...I think he's the best Lt in the game...just said the 10 million a year contract wasn't quite enough and Peters let them know. They'll know better the next game. You've gotta pay for talent. Why balk at 500k when you've already paid 10 million?

I didn't say he was bad...I think he's the best Lt in the game...just said the 10 million a year contract wasn't quite enough and Peters let them know. They'll know better the next game. You've gotta pay for talent. Why balk at 500k when you've already paid 10 million?

He's not even close to the best LT in the game... Not even !@#$ing close.

My bad - the smiley aren't working on my ****ty comp. I apologize if I missed obvious sarcasm.

It is my fault, really. I though the absurdity of Peters asking for 500k to finish the game was apparent, but it's Peters, so I really should have included the smiley in my post.

I'm tellin' ya, Jeremy. You and D2E are messin' with the wrath of scorned sports fans here. Implying Peters is greedy? Suggesting he's not the best LT in the game?

Run. Run like the wind I tell you. Please. Before all is lost.

These are EVIL people I'm talking about. A stake in the heart is like a pin-prick to Peters fans.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, but 11,900 of those posts belong to Thurman#1 - who will be shortly demanding a link to back up said sacrilege, as he proceeds to rebut every single post in this thread sequentially. :lol:

As Bob Lobel might have said (of FatBoy Peters), "Why can't the Bills get players like that?" :P

You can't argue that he wasn't in the game for awhile and the Eagles lost. That's proof right there that Jason Peters wins games.

Did you write this standing in front of your Jump to Conclusions mat?

You can't argue that he wasn't in the game for awhile and the Eagles lost. That's proof right there that Jason Peters wins games.

Not while he's sitting on the bench - joking around, checking his bank statements - he doesn't...

Peters returned to the sideline but said he would have returned to the game if King Dunlap had been injured because the Eagles would have been without a tackle.

I would have had to go back,” Peters said.

Would have had to go back???? That'd been a real bummer, eh FatBoy?

Link - Eagles Embarrassed by Raiders, 13-9

Not while he's sitting on the bench - joking around, checking his bank statements - he doesn't...

Peters returned to the sideline but said he would have returned to the game if King Dunlap had been injured because the Eagles would have been without a tackle.

Ahahahahaha The Senator is back baby......

The price to go back would have gone up at that point. Would have been like 1 million since he's be more valuable then. The Eagles were cheap and they got their QB killed because of it. They could have had Peters in the game for that extra 500k, but they didn't want to pay and look where that got them.

In-game contract negotiations are clearly a violation of league by-laws.

C'mon, man. This is JASON fricken' PETERS you are talking about here. The greatest, most underpaid LT in the history of the league. He can negotiate on a play-by-play basis. It's in his contract.

By-laws simply don't apply to Peters. Now, if it were Munoz, Pace, Ogden, etc. IN THEIR PRIMES, it would be a different story.

GO BILLS!!!

I do believe he and Parker are now demanding a 'stance' bonus every time he lines up at the LOS, and is holding out until the Eagles agree.

More like a "will play hurt" bonus. I can't believe he said that he'd "have" to go in if Dunlap wasn't healthy. :unsure:

I do believe he and Parker are now demanding a 'stance' bonus every time he lines up at the LOS, and is holding out until the Eagles agree.

Peters said it himself as you pointed out earlier, Senator. He didn't "have to" go back in. Course, his team ended up losing so I'm sure Philly didn't face any situations where he should have gone back in. Teams playing from behind rarely need the greatest underpaid LT in the lineup. Now, if he had to go back in, I'm sure Philly would have won, hands down, with him in the line-up.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm tellin' ya, Jeremy. You and D2E are messin' with the wrath of scorned sports fans here. Implying Peters is greedy? Suggesting he's not the best LT in the game?

Run. Run like the wind I tell you. Please. Before all is lost.

These are EVIL people I'm talking about. A stake in the heart is like a pin-prick to Peters fans.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, run, run. Or people might talk sense to you.

And you might be as shocked as K-9!! Horrors.

Um ... yes he is.

But I do hear that you hate him. And I'm fine with that.

That's one, Senator. Starts with post #7. Let's see if he goes sequentially as you predicted or if he tries to mess you up by going out of order. He's crafty, though. He just might go LIFO then FIFO and then jump on one of the middle posts to disrupt your rhythm.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, but 11,900 of those posts belong to Thurman#1 - who will be shortly demanding a link to back up said sacrilege, as he proceeds to rebut every single post in this thread sequentially. :doh:

As Bob Lobel might have said (of FatBoy Peters), "Why can't the Bills get players like that?" :bag:

Yet again you're talking about me before I even get here, Senator. I understand that you have a perverse crush on me, but if you're not less obvious about it, everyone will notice.

they needed 2 carts to get him off the pitch -- one for his body, the other for the 6 posters here who leap over their own mothers to service his hang low.

Not to mention the 23 posters who can't wait to talk about his injury while ignoring Poz's, Whitner's, Kavika's, Buggs's, Trent's, Bryan Scott's, Jonathan Scott's, Demetrius Bell's, Butler's, Roscoe's, Stupar's, McKelvin's, Schoumann's, and even Marcus Smith's, Justise Hairson's, Jermaine McGee's, Marvin Philip's and Lydell Sergeant's injuries.

Because those are, you know, OK.

I think I missed a few, but that list will do.

Whereas Peters, who missed four games to injury over five seasons with the Bills, is injury prone. Got it.

That's one, Senator. Starts with post #7. Let's see if he goes sequentially as you predicted or if he tries to mess you up by going out of order. He's crafty, though. He just might go LIFO then FIFO and then jump on one of the middle posts to disrupt your rhythm.

GO BILLS!!!

God, it happens in my real life too, so many suitors, so little time.

Noticing all my little habits. Casting sidelong glances. Kinda thirteen-year-old-girlish.

You'll have to content yourself with looking at my glutes, K-9, I'm happily married with a woman who's far too good for me.

Whereas Peters, who missed four games to injury over five seasons with the Bills, is injury prone. Got it.

Actually, I don't think anyone here thinks he was "injured". That quote from Peters about "having" to go back is actually real. I think we all know he was taking the bold stand for all players in the league demanding his 500k "finish the game" bonus. I just don't get all this Peters bashing...not just any player would sit out a game where his team needed him, it takes real heart to make that stand.

Actually, I don't think anyone here thinks he was "injured". That quote from Peters about "having" to go back is actually real. I think we all know he was taking the bold stand for all players in the league demanding his 500k "finish the game" bonus. I just don't get all this Peters bashing...not just any player would sit out a game where his team needed him, it takes real heart to make that stand.

Yeah, um, I got that. The bile-drooling contingent will say anything about Peters as long as it is bad, including crap like this.