Jairus Byrd

bills_red

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

desperate? he has 2 starts and 3 INTs. That's phenomenal.

Against Derek Anderson and rookie Mark Sanchez! Seriously, are some of you as desperate to have a safety succeed this much? And no one's answered my point about Whitner yet. When Byrd sustains this level of play against better offenses over at least two seasons, then I'll yield he's very good.

The way some are talking about him you'd think Ed Reed Jr. is on this team.

Against Derek Anderson and rookie Mark Sanchez! Seriously, are some of you as desperate to have a safety succeed this much? And no one's answered my point about Whitner yet. When Byrd sustains this level of play against better offenses over at least two seasons, then I'll yield he's very good.

I understand what you're saying. But, its funny that so many criticize Whitner because he never makes a big play; despite the fact that he's a technically solid player. Now we have a guy coming in making plays and still no credit? Come on, at leat give the guy credit for making some great plays. Yes, it'll take a few years to determine just howw good he is; but in 2 games... he's shown quite a bit.

I understand what you're saying. But, its funny that so many criticize Whitner because he never makes a big play; despite the fact that he's a technically solid player. Now we have a guy coming in making plays and still no credit? Come on, at leat give the guy credit for making some great plays. Yes, it'll take a few years to determine just howw good he is; but in 2 games... he's shown quite a bit.

It's important to give credit where credit is due: Byrd made 2 picks and the team had 5 on Sanchez. If we want to talk defense, it's important to note they've allowed nearly 1100 yards rushing in 6 games. That's abysmal and teams are going to be running much more than they throw on this defense.

If the Bills can't stop the run, Byrd won't be seeing many passes, and there won't always be a Derek Anderson or rookie throwing them. No OC in their right mind would allow it.

So by that same token Maybin is a bust, because we can judge a draft after 6 games, right? If so, Vince Young is a HOF'er.

Byrd benefitted from playing against a rookie QB who clearly had his worst professional game at a windy Meadowlands. Honestly, are we this desperate?

And if Byrd is getting picks in the same defense Whitner plays in, does that mean DW is a bust because he has fewer career picks than Byrd does?

My god, can you ever just be happy? The Bills picked a guy who missed most of OTAs and camp and has 3 INTs in his first 6 games as pro. For a lot of Bills fan, this makes them happy. Strange I guess. :thumbsup:

It's important to give credit where credit is due: Byrd made 2 picks and the team had 5 on Sanchez. If we want to talk defense, it's important to note they've allowed nearly 1100 yards rushing in 6 games. That's abysmal and teams are going to be running much more than they throw on this defense.

If the Bills can't stop the run, Byrd won't be seeing many passes, and there won't always be a Derek Anderson or rookie throwing them. No OC in their right mind would allow it.

you must be a blast to tailgate with.

Poor guy - it must suck to be this pessimistic. If passes were being thrown right to him you might have a point. But Byrd is making PLAYS downfield and has great hands. I don't give a !@#$ who the QBs are - Byrd has some serious game.

Again, who here is talking about the overall team performance - or our team defense - or stopping the run? This is about Jairus Byrd, and his 3 INTs in 2 starts. It's !@#$ing impressive any way you swing it.

OMG this guy was all over. He almost had a 3rd pick but Corner took it from him.

Byrd is making plays that only real playmakers make...

IMHO our run D might stink, but we have one really mean, deep, ballhawking secondary...

McKelvin and McGee out..no problems, just throw Corner and Florence in...

Whitner and Scott out...no problem, just throw Wilson and Byrd in...

How many teams would be setting records with 3 out of 4 or for much of the Jets game, their entire starting secondary out of the lineup? Most teams would be dropping 9 people into coverage to avoid getting smoked...

They hold one QB to 2 of 17 for 23 yards and an INT and then pick off Sanchez 5 times, with Ashlee Palmer dropping an INt that would have been a walk into the endzone...

Bills might have the best secondary and secondary depth in all of football right now...