Pitoniak: "Time for some Cowher Power in Buffalo"

Lori

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mularkey could have been a really good head coach. Losman killed his Buffalo career.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike Mularkey killed mike mularkey's career with his indecision, his QB yo-yo-ing, and his loss of the locker room.

I think the team should take a very hard look at Leslie Frazier (D-coordinator) from the Vikings. He brings the same accountability that Singletary brings to the 49ers.

Look at some of the bright new faces leading teams to victory. Spending money on a big time coach doesn't guarantee results.

True, but it does tell everyone - media, fans, other players, other teams - that you're willing to pay the price for a winning team. Someone of the Cowher, Shanahan, or Gruden caliber can attract free agents. It can be considered a marketing ploy in that respect, but it also might change people's minds about the organization.

Honestly, while I'd have zero problem with any of those guys, what this group of players needs is a young, motivated coach who can inspire them. Jauron is an older, conservative coach trying to lead a group of younger players. I'd like to see someone who is a motivator and shows it. Gruden can be that way, but it doesn't have to be him.

I'm not a fan of Cowher. He had all the support from ownership and the front office a guy could want, his teams consistently choked or outclassed by Belichik...no thanks.

He won't take us to the promised land. There are exactly zero coaches who have won the SB with 2 teams, hell the only coaches to appear on behalf of two franchises are Holmgren and Shula.

I'd be in for a guy who has never won a SB, young or old, with a proven record of success. Guys like Marty Schottenheimer or Russ Grimm.

Agree with you on Cowher. I can't stand that phoney grin he puts on in front of the CBS cameras. You can tell the guy is really content with himself being called Coach by the other suck-ups on the show. He's not worth the dough it would take, even if it is Ralph's and he's got plenty. What we really need is a great GM, who would know which young coaches to bring in.

I'm open to correction, but is this sort of thing even possible anymore, with the advent of the Rooney Rule? I don't think you could make a commitment to a coach like that without going through an interview process that included minority candidates, and I think the NFL would need to consider them "serious" candidates.

it's too bad he won't coach for Buffalo.

I'm guessing the Panthers late this season or next.

holmgren said he would like to try coaching on the East coast.. but he's always been an NFC man. I see him going to the Skins replacing Zorn. The skins fans dislike him more than Bills fans dislike Dick.

How about Coach Chuckie?

it's too bad he won't coach for Buffalo.

I'm guessing the Panthers late this season or next.

holmgren said he would like to try coaching on the East coast.. but he's always been an NFC man. I see him going to the Skins replacing Zorn. The skins fans dislike him more than Bills fans dislike Dick.

How about Coach Chuckie?

FWIW, Seattle was still in the AFC when Holmgren took over there.

Cowher is the ultimate choice. A proven winner.. Which is exactly why he owuld laugh in Ralph Wilsons face if Ralph even tried to contact him...

As long as Wilson owns this team we ain't getting any head coach that can coach somewheres else... We will gett all the sloppy seconds and nothing more.. that's how dispicable this club has become in the eyes of the rest of the league.