Pitoniak: "Time for some Cowher Power in Buffalo"

Lori

Guest dog14787
Didn't Parcells indirectly answer that question this past Sunday ?

The Big Tuna and his smelly tuna fish practically pulled the dress off of Mary.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://scottpitoniak.blogspot.com/2009/10/...in-buffalo.html

Yeah, I know this has little to no chance of actually happening, and I'm betting Scott does too. But hey, it's fun to consider the possibility, no?

Everyone associated with the league knows who Ralph Wilson is and what he stands for. He is an old time baron who is a quarter century behind the NFL times. A lot of people act is if this year's version of a team is much different from what it has been over the past decade. It is not. It is a bad product now just as it has been for a long time.

When Greg Williams was in the last year of his contract Donahoe went to him and asked him if he wanted to have a one year extension so he wouldn't be a lame duck coach. Williams said no. His contract was not renewed when it expired which allowed him to go to the Redskins as their DC at twice the amount of money he was making when he was a HC for the Bills. Greg Williams was astute enough to realize that working in this organization gave him little opportunity to succeed.

When the Donahoe era mercifully ended Marv Levy took over the operaiton. Mike Mularkey, the HC, preferred taking a buyout rather than remain the HC. He knew that the system (organization) was designed to fail. Rather than remaining with a sinking ship he wisely left on his own accord with a negotiated settlement. Marv Levy then selected Dick Jauron as the new HC. What were his qualifications that appealed to the congenial Levy? It certaianly wasn't his past winning record.

No one who joins the Al Davis Raider organization or the Ralph Wilson Bills organization will get any sympathy from me when they are subjected to the erratic and destructive behavior of the respective owners. There are no surprises. Both owners are reknowed for their idiosyncratic (lunatic) behavior. :lol:

Didn't Parcells indirectly answer that question this past Sunday ?

Good one. He is equally capable of making an opposing player his b*tch. All depends on which side he is on. He spanked Marv and Jimbo once too in a pretty big game as i remember...

But it's neither here nor there, no proven NFL legend will want to work for Ralph in any capacity or take on this disaster of a franchise.

I am not even sure about the decent availble coaches like Gruden or Shanahan. Let me ask this question: Since Marv, who is the best coach the bills even Interviewed?

Everyone associated with the league knows who Ralph Wilson is and what he stands for. He is an old time baron who is a quarter century behind the NFL times. A lot of people act is if this year's version of a team is much different from what it has been over the past decade. It is not. It is a bad product now just as it has been for a long time.

When Greg Williams was in the last year of his contract Donahoe went to him and asked him if he wanted to have a one year extension so he wouldn't be a lame duck coach. Williams said no. His contract was not renewed when it expired which allowed him to go to the Redskins as their DC at twice the amount of money he was making when he was a HC for the Bills. Greg Williams was astute enough to realize that working in this organization gave him little opportunity to succeed.

When the Donahoe era mercifully ended Marv Levy took over the operaiton. Mike Mularkey, the HC, preferred taking a buyout rather than remain the HC. He knew that the system (organization) was designed to fail. Rather than remaining with a sinking ship he wisely left on his own accord with a negotiated settlement. Marv Levy then selected Dick Jauron as the new HC. What were his qualifications that appealed to the congenial Levy? It certaianly wasn't his past winning record.

No one who joins the Al Davis Raider organization or the Ralph Wilson Bills organization will get any sympathy from me when they are subjected to the erratic and destructive behavior of the respective owners. There are no surprises. Both owners are reknowed for their idiosyncratic (lunatic) behavior. :lol:

Valid points. I'll add that as much as I dislike Greggggg, Donahoe did him no favors by burning a first-round pick on McGahee (instead of someone who might actually be able to PLAY that season, a novel concept) in GW's final year here.

I think the team should take a very hard look at Leslie Frazier (D-coordinator) from the Vikings. He brings the same accountability that Singletary brings to the 49ers.

Look at some of the bright new faces leading teams to victory. Spending money on a big time coach doesn't guarantee results.

and hiring the next great co-ordinator doesnt guarantee anything either...didnt we learn that with Williams and Mularky?

Im tired of guys getting hired for positions they've never had before...when was the last time this team had a co-ordinator that actually had experience and held that position before

Because you can only win with big name coaches. I think they should look at Paul Pasqualoni from Miami- you know, the guy that got run out of Syracuse.....the last guy to win there.

You can win with talented unknown coaches too. But a) You need to be smart enough to judge who is good. Ralph can't do it. b) You still need someone making decisions on personnel. If you hire a new coach and still keep the numbskulls in the scouting department, what good does it do? A guy like Cowher can do both jobs.

PTR

and hiring the next great co-ordinator doesnt guarantee anything either...didnt we learn that with Williams and Mularky?

Im tired of guys getting hired for positions they've never had before...when was the last time this team had a co-ordinator that actually had experience and held that position before

Pendry and Gilbride, probably.

He was forced to start Losman. Holcomb was a much better QB and the team actually had a chance to win when he played.

RIIIGHT. Mularkey started JP over both Drew Bledsoe AND Kelly Holcomb. Holcomb was so good he went on to be the starting QB of.....of ....wait. I was ok with Holcomb as a back up but he has the same problems as Edwards. It always seems like we are choosing between weak arm checkdown QBs vs big arm QBs.

CAN'T WE FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN DO BOTH!!!!

Very frustrating.

RIIIGHT. Mularkey started JP over both Drew Bledsoe AND Kelly Holcomb. Holcomb was so good he went on to be the starting QB of.....of ....wait. I was ok with Holcomb as a back up but he has the same problems as Edwards. It always seems like we are choosing between weak arm checkdown QBs vs big arm QBs.

CAN'T WE FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN DO BOTH!!!!

Very frustrating.

Playing his first NFL game on November 27, 2005 against the Houston Texans, Ryan Fitzpatrick replaced an injured Jamie Martin in the second quarter and lead the St. Louis Rams from a 24-3 halftime deficit to a 33-27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns.

This made Fitzpatrick one of only five players who passed for 300 yards in their NFL debut. The others were Otto Graham, 346 yards (1950); Ed Rubbert, 334 (a replacement player for the Washington Redskins during the 1987 strike); Mark Rypien, 303 (1988), and Peyton Manning, 302 (1998).

link

Edwards will take us nowhere - give Fitz a shot. The only problem now is, how does Dick explain the injury 'Trenters' is about to incur in tomorrow's practice?

most interesting part of the article is how bills signed his extension after last years 5 & 1 start. im thinking that slimebag jauron ran into wilson's office and put pressure on him, pretending he had interest from other teams. jauron knows he doesnt belong in this league and that the 5&1 was a mirage, which it was as we collapsed right after the new contract was signed.

this guy is such a crook and its our fan money hes stealing

I think the team should take a very hard look at Leslie Frazier (D-coordinator) from the Vikings. He brings the same accountability that Singletary brings to the 49ers.

Look at some of the bright new faces leading teams to victory. Spending money on a big time coach doesn't guarantee results.

The moment we do something like this everyone is going to scream it is because Ralph is cheap and totally disregard it as a good move...thats the sad part...

most interesting part of the article is how bills signed his extension after last years 5 & 1 start. im thinking that slimebag jauron ran into wilson's office and put pressure on him, pretending he had interest from other teams. jauron knows he doesnt belong in this league and that the 5&1 was a mirage, which it was as we collapsed right after the new contract was signed.

If you get outmaneuvered by Jauron you deserve to be fleeced.

Ridiculous unsubstantiated speculation.

No chance Cowher or any Big name coach comes here with Ralph as owner. Their is no job security with a 91 yr old owner.Anyday,though I hope not could be his last.Cowhers wife hated the weather in Pitt. What would she like about Buff weather? Cowher also isn`t going anywhere till his girls are done with colledge.We are stuck with old coma boy till Ralphie passes or sells. :cry:

I'm not a fan of Cowher. He had all the support from ownership and the front office a guy could want, his teams consistently choked or outclassed by Belichik...no thanks.

He won't take us to the promised land. There are exactly zero coaches who have won the SB with 2 teams, hell the only coaches to appear on behalf of two franchises are Holmgren and Shula.

I'd be in for a guy who has never won a SB, young or old, with a proven record of success. Guys like Marty Schottenheimer or Russ Grimm.

Swap the quarterbacks and see who wins, though I don't see any name guy taking this job because Ralph isn't going to spend the money or give up the control.