Hey all you Jason Peters haters

That site is actually really good if you look at it closely. The cream generally rises to the top in their system across positions, and there are a number of surprises too. For instance, it's interesting that Reed not only hasn't dropped a pass, but that every pass thrown his way has resulted in a completion. Yet AVP is running two-WR sets a ton of the time. Schouman was playing quite well before the injury, btw.

Yes, Schouman and Reed look great because our QB can't complete a pass longer than 10 yards..

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quiet??? Guess again. :wallbash:

I know you've probably already sent in your Pro Bowl ballot, but I haven't been quiet at all - the only reason FatBoy didn't give up a sack yesterday is 'cause the Eagles had a bye week!

FYI, Mr. 6-Wonderlic-Fat-Lazy-Stupid-Tub-o'-Goo has given up 4 sacks so far this season. If we extrapolate that over a full season, he'd be giving up over 21 sacks in a sixteen game season - or roughly double his league-leading 11.5 sacks allowed last year. (But he hasn't managed to play 16 games in either of the last 2 seasons, has he? :w00t: )

Hey, give 'im a big raise and send 'im to Hawaii!!! :wallbash::wallbash:

Quiet??? Not me. Hell no. I've been screaming from the rooftops about FatBoy's failure!!! :lol:

:blink: PRICELESS I have to say one of the BEST statement/post supported by facts that I've seen in a long time on this board!!! telling it like it is and as far I see it this post should end there. There's nothing else to say!!! Awesome Senator!!! spot on about Jason, I don't hate or even dislike Peters but he's gone and in a nutshell the aforementioned post is why!! :wallbash:

Nobody here really challenged his talent...we challenged the way he went about his "business". Show up for work and prove you deserve your extension. He held out and sucked last year....threatened to hold out again and the Bills were supposed to pay him?!?!?!

However, I still think the Bills should have paid him....I believe they would have had he handled his situation more like Lee Evans....

...and thank goodness the Bills have Lee Evans so far this season, right?? Although Evans and his "well deserved extension" means squat because he can't seem to get open fast enough for Trent Edwards to throw him more then two or three passes a game! And why is that?....oh wait I know, because the only Pro Bowl caliber offensive lineman the Bills had didn't "show up for work and prove he deserved his extension." Yes sir, they shipped his big butt right on outa here because the Buffalo Bills are winners with high character!....Oh um, wait a minute now. Their last winning season was 5 years ago and their last playoff appearance was 9 years ago. Well, ah, I mean the Buffalo Bills are losers with high character! And damit, the Eagles might win every season and make the playoffs 80% of the time these days, but they can have Jason Peters, right??? Because we are the Buffalo Bills and we lose with only the players of the highest character that show up for work, suck on the field while they compile 7-9-0 records year in and year out, and prove they deserve their extensions Pro Bowl left tackles with bad attitudes need not apply. Let them play for winning organizations, that'll teach 'em!! :blink::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

:blink: PRICELESS I have to say one of the BEST statement/post supported by facts that I've seen in a long time on this board!!! telling it like it is and as far I see it this post should end there. There's nothing else to say!!! Awesome Senator!!! spot on about Jason, I don't hate or even dislike Peters but he's gone and in a nutshell the aforementioned post is why!! :wallbash:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but to say that a post that claims (sorry Senator) that Peters has given up 4 sacks this season when the whole Eagles team has only given up 3 (1 attributed to Peters) is "supported by facts" is, well, wrong.

So no, it's not "spot on".

Sorry if that sounds mean, but it's just not true.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but to say that a post that claims (sorry Senator) that Peters has given up 4 sacks this season when the whole Eagles team has only given up 3 (1 attributed to Peters) is "supported by facts" is, well, wrong.

So no, it's not "spot on".

Sorry if that sounds mean, but it's just not true.

Yes, bandit - Kolb has been sacked 3 times, but - according to your site - no one else on the Eagles team has given up a sack. Must be the new math.

And Garcia fumbled the ball on his first exchange from center in his one series with the Eagles - which would have made four sacks, had the Chiefs not recovered the fumble.

I'm just going by what I read on the Eagles fan blogs, bandit, which I follow quite closely - want to be sure I haven't misjudged or falsely maligned your beloved Jason - and they seem to credit FatSlob with all 4 sacks/QB tackles-behind-the-LOS.

So far, the Eagles fans don't love FatBoy nearly as much as you do. Sorry.

Senator, I know you hate Peters, but shouldn't the facts have something to do with your assessment? Your numbers are waaaaaaaay off:

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

According to these guys, he's allowed 1 sack in 3 games and is the highest overall rated lineman in the NFL. That doesn't seem like failure to me...

Who have the Eagles played? A bad Panthers team (and he gave up a sack to Peppers, who tries half the time). a Saints team that smoked them, and a terrible Chiefs team. They haven't had a 100 yard rusher yet.

If Bell was healthy, I'd be very happy. Besides the penalties he was showing progress. Peters handled his business like a child. I also think it's interesting that your link show Butler as a top 10 lineman. He was a huge loss and most team would struggle without both starting OTs.

Senator, I know you hate Peters, but shouldn't the facts have something to do with your assessment? Your numbers are waaaaaaaay off:

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

According to these guys, he's allowed 1 sack in 3 games and is the highest overall rated lineman in the NFL. That doesn't seem like failure to me...

That sight is fantastic! Look at who Kirk Chambers is rated ahead. I KNEW he was good.

Not to mention Brad Butler at #11.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, bandit - Kolb has been sacked 3 times, but - according to your site - no one else on the Eagles team has given up a sack. Must be the new math.

And Garcia fumbled the ball on his first exchange from center in his one series with the Eagles - which would have made four sacks, had the Chiefs not recovered the fumble.

I'm just going by what I read on the Eagles fan blogs, bandit, which I follow quite closely - want to be sure I haven't misjudged or falsely maligned your beloved Jason - and they seem to credit FatSlob with all 4 sacks/QB tackles-behind-the-LOS.

Fumbled snap tackles of the QB don't count as sacks. Ever.

:devil: PRICELESS I have to say one of the BEST statement/post supported by facts that I've seen in a long time on this board!!! telling it like it is and as far I see it this post should end there. There's nothing else to say!!! Awesome Senator!!! spot on about Jason, I don't hate or even dislike Peters but he's gone and in a nutshell the aforementioned post is why!! :devil:

It would be priceless - if it wasn't made up completely out of thin air.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi/2009.htm

Here:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/philadelphiaeagle...istics?team=PHI

The team has only given up 3 sacks.

The two sacks in week 1 came from the right side of the offensive line: 1 by Peppers against Stacy Andrews, 1 by Louis Leonard against Max Jean-Gilles.

According to the game log, the sack against NO was credited to Bobby McCray, which came against Peters.

So I guess the Eagle fans are pretty clueless, since I don't think one guy can give up 4 sacks when the team has only given up 3.

But you guys can go ahead and say whatever makes you feel better.

That sight is fantastic! Look at who Kirk Chambers is rated ahead. I KNEW he was good.

Not to mention Brad Butler at #11.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not really interested in the ratings, the sack stats were mentioned by Senator (Peters giving up 4), and I used this site to refute them.

Your ability to access a situation as a fan is only equaled by Russ Brandon's ability to access a situation as a GM.

Is he pimping/bumping "Bills and Beers" again?

Some fans are so delusional they can't make a point and he's a prime example. What's funny is fans who think they can adequately quantify the loss of the team's best offensive lineman. We can't even know how much better or worse the QB is, let alone the OL by removing Peters.

And I understand all of that. None of those things have anything to do with fans being angry at the guy for simply holding out. If you understand my point, there wouldn't be any need for your second paragraph. Unless, of course, you're bringing the on-field accumen into the discussion, a subject which--again--I thought the discussion was very clearly omitting.

completely different league back then. no salary cap, etc.

for most of smith's holdouts he wasnt saying "i want to handcuff the team 'this much' by demanding that portion of the cap be invested in me". they were just after the owner's (and league's money).

and while i stated that "ability" has nothing to do with this, i do count attitude and effort. Peters has admitted that the contract was on his mind and played a roll in his on field performance. in researching your Bruce Smith comparison, I found this great quote about Smith's holdouts

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/art...10713/index.htm

Bruce Smith is unhappy about his contract, more so this year than ever before, but he has never held back on the field, and he and Reggie White have given the NFL its finest defensive end play of the decade.

even if Peters is "no Bruce Smith", he didnt come to work and act like a professional. actually, the exact opposite. why would you pay that? he sat and pouted and got fat. the entire way they handled that put the FO in ONE possible position. move him. exactly what he wanted. good for him, but the rest of you (and us) need to move on.

that article is a great read too, just to make ya feel better after such a crappy loss

for most of smith's holdouts he wasnt saying "i want to handcuff the team 'this much' by demanding that portion of the cap be invested in me". they were just after the owner's (and league's money).

and while i stated that "ability" has nothing to do with this, i do count attitude and effort. Peters has admitted that the contract was on his mind and played a roll in his on field performance. in researching your Bruce Smith comparison, I found this great quote about Smith's holdouts

even if Peters is "no Bruce Smith", he didnt come to work and act like a professional. actually, the exact opposite. why would you pay that? he sat and pouted and got fat. the entire way they handled that put the FO in ONE possible position. move him. exactly what he wanted. good for him, but the rest of you (and us) need to move on.

that article is a great read too, just to make ya feel better after such a crappy loss

Excellent point. The BIGGEST difference between Bruce's holdouts and Peters' is that Bruce was professional about it. He kept himself in excellent physical shape and was ready to go at the first snap. Peters simply can't say the same thing. It's trivial to the people who make such ludicrous comparisons but there's a reason why Bruce got to where he is. Let's see where Peters is in 20 years.

GO BILLS!!!

To answer your question, yes. I loved what I saw until Bell got injured. Once he's back, I'll continue said loving.

Yeah, he was awesome against the 0-4 Bucs... :devil:

No matter how good Bell becomes, that just means if we kept Peters we would have had two good tackles.

Here:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/philadelphiaeagle...istics?team=PHI

The team has only given up 3 sacks.

The two sacks in week 1 came from the right side of the offensive line: 1 by Peppers against Stacy Andrews, 1 by Louis Leonard against Max Jean-Gilles.

According to the game log, the sack against NO was credited to Bobby McCray, which came against Peters.

So I guess the Eagle fans are pretty clueless, since I don't think one guy can give up 4 sacks when the team has only given up 3.

But you guys can go ahead and say whatever makes you feel better.

Yes, bandit, I already acknowledged that their web site says Kolb took only 3 sacks. :devil:

You really need to get a life - maybe find something else to wash, now that Jason's ball are in another city.

Exactly when did Peters demand that a certain percentage of the team's cap be dedicatd to himself? I don't remember that. you seem to be concerned that Buffalo, a team that had almost $20M of cap room, would be spending half of that room on one player (their ONLY pro bowl player). Forgive me if I don't share that concern.

And yes, I do consider the off-field act of holding out to be the same, regardless of how a player performs on the field. You to called Peters out for holding out of training camp, and I simply stated that holding out is holding out, no matter who it is or how a guy performs. Bruce held out just like Peters, only he did it repeatedly.

If you're going to claim that the situations are different, can I then assume that you'd have no issue with Peters' holdout if he had played his best football in 2008?

I can't believe we let Dick LeBeau walk away from here.

We didn't let him go, he elected to accept the DC position under Cowher instead of the DC position under Mularkey. As you can see there is no way we could have kept him and he has now won 2 SBs in the process and the Bills haven't made the playoffs in 10 straight years (yes, I'll include this year).

As far as Jason Peters is concerned had we signed him he would now be injured and Bell would now be playing (since he wouldn't have been injured since Peters would have had to get injured first). So I regret not seeing Bell on the field at this point because we didn't sign JP.

Yes, bandit, I already acknowledged that their web site says Kolb took only 3 sacks. :devil:

You really need to get a life - maybe find something else to wash, now that Jason's ball are in another city.

that's very cute Senator, but you're the one that's always there to make your stupid/fat/lazy/wonderlic comments whenever Peters' name comes up, and you're the one that resorted to making up stats (i.e. Peters has given up 4 sacks when the reality is it was 1) to make your point.

All I did was present the facts in the face of your jilted crusade against Peters. Don't get pissy with me just because I don't pander to your whining.

You clearly have an issue that goes beyond typical fandom, Senator. That's got to be it, since I can't think of any other reason that a professional athlete could evoke such venom from any reasonable human. Maybe instead of telling me to get a life you should go take a look in the mirror.

Is he pimping/bumping "Bills and Beers" again?

Some fans are so delusional they can't make a point and he's a prime example. What's funny is fans who think they can adequately quantify the loss of the team's best offensive lineman. We can't even know how much better or worse the QB is, let alone the OL by removing Peters.

BUMP

I notice all of you Jason Pets haters are quiet now...maybe Peters will send you a postcard from the NFL Playoffs or the Super Bowl! :devil::censored: :censored: :censored:

Tony Romo made the Pro Bowl too.... he must be REALLY great... *GAG*

Is that all you have?? Overpay for an oft injured left tackle who is a revolving door?? Yeah, we're all eating crow...! Please. :devil:

We didn't let him go, he elected to accept the DC position under Cowher instead of the DC position under Mularkey.

In my book that's still letting him walk away. The Bills should have done more to retain him.

To answer your question, yes. I loved what I saw until Bell got injured. Once he's back, I'll continue said loving.

You loved it? Wow, I don't know what to say to that.

He had potential and seemed like maybe he could develop, eventually, into a solid LT. But he's not there yet, and while he might become one, he also might not.

Why would I pay that?

Well, how about because he was clearly the best option we had, by far? How about because he shows every sign of being a hall of fame LT? How about because we didn't have a good alternative?

How about because holdouts are a fact of life in the NFL, and because tolerating one, distasteful as they are, and paying the guy would have left the Bills a much much better team?

I just don't get you guys who try to turn this into a moral issue. The issue is what would have been in the best interests of the Buffalo Bills in the long term. The answer is Jason Peters.

LOL.

Jason Peters, probably the best player on the Bills, gets run out of town because he wants to get paid like a LT, but has a bad year.

The Bills don't draft a LT or pick up one of the many available FAs.

They move a 368 lb RT to LT....then send him packing a week before the season starts.

They put their eggs into the basket of an unproven, second yr player...who may be compentent when he's not holding, or false starting

Each step of the way, Bills fans think it may work.

Unfortuantely, we've been so accustomed to bad football, we don't realize how insane each of these moves are....this organization only wants to tread water and is going to feeding the same cool aid for years to come.

LOL.

Jason Peters, probably the best player on the Bills, gets run out of town because he wants to get paid like a LT, but has a bad year.

They move a 368 lb RT to LT....then send him packing a week before the season starts.

They put their eggs into the basket of an unproven, second yr player...who may be compentent when he's not holding, or false starting

Unfortuantely, we've been so accustomed to bad football, we don't realize how insane each of these moves are....this organization only wants to tread water and is going to feeding the same cool aid for years to come.

Please tell us about how awesome Peters is one he plays a real defense (i.e. the Giants). Wow, he is a stud agaisnt KC. He still hasn't proven he is a $10 million LT and Bell, who made mistakes, should flashes of being a good player.

Excellent point. The BIGGEST difference between Bruce's holdouts and Peters' is that Bruce was professional about it. He kept himself in excellent physical shape and was ready to go at the first snap. Peters simply can't say the same thing. It's trivial to the people who make such ludicrous comparisons but there's a reason why Bruce got to where he is. Let's see where Peters is in 20 years.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, Bruce kept himself in excellent physical shape. So did Peters. Everybody, from Jauron to the strength coaches, has said that Peters came in in excellent shape. Oh, don't get me wrong, people on these boards denied it, but they were the only ones.

Peters took a few games to get used to contact, to get in "game shape." There is NO WAY to get in game shape except at games or training camp. Guess what, back in the day, Bruce took a few games to get in game shape too. He always started the season slow when he missed camp.

The main difference is how stats are compiled between the two positions. At DE, if you have a few bad games and get zero sacks, but then get 14 sacks later in the year, nobody remembers those first few games. Whereas at OL, if you have a bad first few games and allow 5 or 6 sacks and then play perfect the rest of the way, you still have 5 or 6 sacks allowed, which means your season stats are mediocre to bad and the bad games are what gets remembered, not the good ones.

So I get Bell and Wood for giving up Peters? Based on what I've seen so far I'll take that any day. I don't care what Peters stats are.

How do you get Bell and Wood for Peters? If Peters were here, Peters and Bell (when healthy) would both be playing, though one would be at RT, and this line would be looking infinitely stronger than it does right now.

Please tell us about how awesome Peters is one he plays a real defense (i.e. the Giants). Wow, he is a stud agaisnt KC. He still hasn't proven he is a $10 million LT and Bell, who made mistakes, should flashes of being a good player.

Actually, JP did prove that, all the way through 2006 and 2007. Reid watched the footage of how he handled the NFC East during those years and it was a major reason why he signed Peters.

And yeah, Bell has showed flashes of being a good player, and also made some horrible mistakes. I know I'm hoping he develops into a solid LT. It's not a sure thing, but certainly a possibility.

LOL.

Good post. The cumulative effect of all these decisions, followed by our unwillingness to pick up a decent FA for depth has left us in a genuinely horrible position.

And I get the point. Quite clearly, in fact.

The difference being Bruce Smith makes the cut for top-10 greatest football players of all time. Peters not so much. Also, Smith produced year after year. Peters not so much. Also, Smith was a leader on a Super Bowl contender. Peters not so much. Also, Smith was the first overall pick in the draft. Peters not so much.

Smith spent 19 years in the league. Peters not so much.

Will he be in Smith's league after 19 years? Who freaking knows? Is it possible? Yup. The odds are against it, of course. They are against any fifth year player having a Bruce Smith-type of career with such tremendous longevity. But the faccts are that Smith was a top two DE for most of his career with Reggie White. In 2008, the last time Peters went to camp before a season, he was a top two LT.

And the fact that Peters wasn't picked first, or even picked, just makes it even more amazing that he so quickly reached such a level of success. It's not Peters's fault that his college coach was so stupid that he kept lining him up at TE rather than OL.

But all this is behind the point. The point isn't which guy is better. The point is that you are saying that you hate Peters because he held out. Logically, this means you must hate Bruce Smith too, since he held out even more. If you don't, you are being logically inconsistent. And which guy is better has nothing to do with that.

This is a fascinating website. It also is depressing when you look at how some of the other former Bills are rated compared to the guys we have now. Peters is rated the best LT. Winfield is rated the best corner. Clements comes in at number 4. London is rated one of the top inside LBs. To add insult to injury, the highest rated guy we have at his position (at least according to how they rated performance thus far this year) is out for the season.

Sigh.