I'm done with TE ...

damj

Yes. I was anti-Trent from the beginning. I felt the coaches gave Losman the prison-shower treatment.

I was anti-Losman from the beginning, and now he's the starting QB for the Las Vegas Locomotives. Or, at least, he's in the running for the starting slot. Your support of Losman does not enhance the credibility of your criticisms against Trent.

That said, Trent had a very bad game today. Yes, his offensive line was a joke, especially at tackle. Yes, his receivers let him down and couldn't get open. There was no running game. Alex van Pelt did a much worse job of play calling than he did the first two weeks. But none of that changes the fact that many of Trent's throws were often off, his reading of the other team's defense was slow, and his decisions sub-par. Maybe he'll bounce back, but the quality of play we're seeing from him right now is simply unacceptable in a starting NFL QB.

I was anti-Losman from the beginning, and now he's the starting QB for the Las Vegas Locomotives. Or, at least, he's in the running for the starting slot. Your support of Losman does not enhance the credibility of your criticisms against Trent.

That said, Trent had a very bad game today. Yes, his offensive line was a joke, especially at tackle. Yes, his receivers let him down and couldn't get open. There was no running game. Alex van Pelt did a much worse job of play calling than he did the first two weeks. But none of that changes the fact that many of Trent's throws were often off, his reading of the other team's defense was slow, and his decisions sub-par. Maybe he'll bounce back, but the quality of play we're seeing from him right now is simply unacceptable in a starting NFL QB.

Yeah, and you were also Pro-Holcomb, so I think you've got no room for criticism directed toward anyone.

This is a QB driven league and for the 13th year in a row since JK retired we are going to need to go search yet again....I can not stand it anymore. We can "blame" the coaches all we want but when it comes down to it just ask yourself what our record would be if we had Brady, Favre, Rothlisberger, Favre etc...we would likely be 4-0 and it's b/c of QB play. The coaches don't throw the ball the plays need to be made and you need a playmaker at that position. He just is not good enough....he'll probably be a decent backup QB in the NFL for a decade or so but it looks like he is not a starter in this league....I really was hoping he would be the one but from everything I've seen this year it looks like he's not....just putrid today and it is just not today it is the last about 10-12 games he has played.

Bull... Trent may be no good, but a probowl qb would fail on this team. The entire team is horrible, top to bottom. Dilger made it to the superbowl for pete sake. I am all for getting a proven vet qb that will suck big time on this team so we can stop this lunacy and see bills nation stop griping about the little problems and focus on the real deal. DJ couldn't lead the 2007 pats to a winning season

wow - what's with all the 'trenters' haters? :w00t:

How can you still defend the guy is the real question? No courage to throw down field and no ability to sense pressure in the pocket......he's the second coming of JP/ RJ/(insert bad bills QB from the last 12 years). I love the bills but I think this is the first step towards them becoming the Toronto Bills.

he's the second coming of JP/ RJ/(insert bad bills QB from the last 12 years).

And WHAT, exactly, should that bet telling you?

I don't think it's defending Edwards to point out that Edwards' problem might not lie with Edwards...

Also, on one of the long passes to TO, you can actually see him begin his throwing motion to Marshawn for ANOTHER F#CKING checkdown before Marshawn takes on a tackler and he has to throw it downfield.

He's a coward. A spineless coward. And the whole team is starting to quit on our "Captain".

agreed

now i see the wisdom for running JP out of town- :w00t:

Yeah, and you were also Pro-Holcomb, so I think you've got no room for criticism directed toward anyone.

Holcomb was, clearly, hands-down, better than JP. Better decision-making. Better at getting rid of the ball quickly and avoiding sacks. Better at infusing life into the offense despite its many failings. At one point, he even had the Bills on the verge of breaking our losing streak to the Patriots. In Foxboro, no less. Over the course of that game, he and the offense played well enough to score a lot of points; and needed just one more score to take the lead. Late in the fourth quarter, with the Patriots' defense on its heels, Holcomb completed a key third down pass to Moulds for what should have been a first down. But then Moulds got called for a ticky-tack offensive pass interference penalty, which turned what should have been first and ten into fourth and long. Holcomb takes a lot of heat for his subsequent dump-off pass to Moulds on that fourth and long. And maybe some of that's deserved (even if his primary option on that play--a rookie named Roscoe Parrish--was double-covered.)

But the thing people forget about that game is that Holcomb had played well enough for 3+ quarters for that fourth down play to matter. Can you imagine Losman playing well enough against a Bill Belichick-coached defense for a late fourth-quarter play to matter? :w00t: Trust me on this one--something like that has not, will not, and could never happen.

Edit: my hope, back then, was for the Bills to use Holcomb as the short-term answer at QB; while using an early draft pick on his eventual replacement. Which, in hindsight, is exactly what the Bills should have done. For you to point to my advocacy of that plan in an apparent attempt to diminish my credibility is absurd.

How can you still defend the guy is the real question? No courage to throw down field and no ability to sense pressure in the pocket......he's the second coming of JP/ RJ/(insert bad bills QB from the last 12 years). I love the bills but I think this is the first step towards them becoming the Toronto Bills.

ssshhhh - don't hate 'trenters' too loudly, or someone will call you an idiot :w00t:

And WHAT, exactly, should that bet telling you?

I don't think it's defending Edwards to point out that Edwards' problem might not lie with Edwards...

Yeah it is defending Edwards. :w00t: There are other problems on the team sure, but Trent has PLENTY of problems of HIS OWN making.

Yeah it is defending Edwards. :thumbdown: There are other problems on the team sure, but Trent has PLENTY of problems of HIS OWN making.

No, it really isn't. :w00t: It's a tacit admission that Edwards quite frankly doesn't make a difference either way on this ****ty team, and that any skills he may have once had have been totally wrecked by being miscoached in a !@#$ed up system...again, like every other QB in the past 12 years. It's not defending him to say he sucks because he's been taught to suck over the past three years.

No, it really isn't. :w00t: It's a tacit admission that Edwards quite frankly doesn't make a difference either way on this ****ty team, and that any skills he may have once had have been totally wrecked by being miscoached in a !@#$ed up system...again, like every other QB in the past 12 years. It's not defending him to say he sucks because he's been taught to suck over the past three years.

I just want to be clear - 'Trenters' is being f'd up by an incompetent coaching staff, and a screwed-up system, but JP wasn't.

Do I have that right?

(Also, Trent has barely started a full-season's worth of games, so he's really almost still a rookie, right?)

I just want to be clear - 'Trenters' is being f'd up by an incompetent coaching staff, and a screwed-up system, but JP wasn't.

Do I have that right?

(Also, Trent has barely started a full-season's worth of games, so he's really almost still a rookie, right?)

No, I'm pretty sure Losman was too. I think it's a pattern that goes back to Clod Tollins, for that matter.

Now people are going to think I'm an Edwards fan...when the fact is, I don't care. Until the real problems are fixed on this team, any QB behind center is going to be taught to be a !@#$ed-up mess.

He played well against New England and TB (but TB is awful) ... but he's in freefall now and there's no telling how much further he has til he bottoms out.

Fixed. But Trent is not the answer. I can't put up with him anymore. That hit from Adrian Wilson in AZ changed him. Let us hope and pray for Sam Bradford in 2010. :thumbdown::w00t:

Fixed. But Trent is not the answer. I can't put up with him anymore. That hit from Adrian Wilson in AZ changed him. Let us hope and pray for Sam Bradford in 2010. :thumbdown::w00t:

Bradford isn't the answer either. NO ONE is the answer at QB, not as long as this coaching and front office staff are in place. You could start the second coming of Johnny Unitas on this team, or you could start a baked potato, for all the effectiveness either would show.

Jim Kelly started his career under Hank Bullough, perhaps the worst coach in Bills history, and despite that, he left no doubt that he was the franchise QB we were hoping for.

Edwards is handcuffed by a horrible coaching staff and bad teammates, but he has shown nothing to suggest that he's a franchise QB.

And the same goes for Losman. Both these guys do not rise above the ineptitude around them, they add to it.

Kevin Kolb started his NFL career with two 300 yard games. That's two more than Edwards has.

Maybe you can find some hope in Edwards intelligence, but after 3 seasons, he hasn't even shown that he can read a 3-4 defense.

The guys is going to turn out to be another wasted draft pick. At least it was only one pick, and not multiple picks, like what the Bills used to draft Losman.

Bradford isn't the answer either. NO ONE is the answer at QB, not as long as this coaching and front office staff are in place. You could start the second coming of Johnny Unitas on this team, or you could start a baked potato, for all the effectiveness either would show.

I'm willing to see what the baked potato can do in a hurry-up offense, the only downside is that it pushes Hamdan to #4 on the depth chart.

How good is the potato's situational awareness? And what kind of chemistry does it have with our WRs?

If Losman deserved to go, then Trent should never take another snap as a Bill again. JP NEVER played as bad as Trent did today.

jp never played as bad??? what are you talking about??? im upset with TE with the rest of us, but when JP single handedly lost the game against the jets last year im sure you were saying get jp out of here and blah blah blah. it seems to me that concussion TE had in the cards game last year knocked all football sense out of him and made him shakey in the pocket. he is afraid of seeing the little birdies swirling again and he hasnt been the same since

jp never played as bad??? what are you talking about??? im upset with TE with the rest of us, but when JP single handedly lost the game against the jets last year im sure you were saying get jp out of here and blah blah blah. it seems to me that concussion TE had in the cards game last year knocked all football sense out of him and made him shakey in the pocket. he is afraid of seeing the little birdies swirling again and he hasnt been the same since

That really might be it. Up to that hit, he would stand in the pocket, progress through his reads, and try to complete the pass even if it meant taking a shot.

Now...you can see him progress through his reads: checkdown first, first read, checkdown, second, checkdown, etc. It's like he's afraid of getting killed - which is admittedly a legitimate concern behind this line, but it's nonetheless a REALLY bad way to play the position.

OK, JP was supposed to BLOCK the person that tackled him forcing the fumble. :lol: If Peters makes that block the Bills win the game. A game that JP was WINNING up to that point, so don't say he played as bad in that game as Trent played today, because it's NOT TRUE. Anyone that has been on this board a while will tell you I was a JP supporter, so no I did not call for them to get JP out of here. He was ALREADY out of here by the time that game was played anyway. I really don't care why Trent is playing so bad but the fact is he is & has been for a long time.

Not a 100% done with Trent. I like him and think he has a good skill set but the last 2 games and the fact that there hasn't been as much progression as there should be over the last 2 plus years is making me feel he just might not be the answer. I mean how much different is Trent now than when he was a rookie. I mean yeah he is a different player but not by leaps and bounds.

By no means do I think Fitz or any other QB on the roster is the answer so give Trent the ball for 12 more games and lets see who he really is and what he can do. Lets see progress or lack of progress so that the new coach next season can come in and know what Trent is all about.

However I do think Trent can still be the answer. He is still young and has time to change (It might not be likely but its reasonably possible) and has shown positive signs at times (Also he is decent in the clutch). Trent needs to make it work use the whole field (15-30 yard passes are a must and airing it out more couldn't hurt) and stop making these bonehead decisions (Check downs on third and long too much and these dumb INT's) because he has shown in the past that he usually can make good decisions that take care of the ball even if he is too cautious.

So while I still want Trent to come through I just doubt that he has what it takes. Prove me wrong Trent. So the next 12 games are make or break for Trent he has the rest of the year but after that its up to his play.

OK, JP was supposed to BLOCK the person that tackled him forcing the fumble. :lol: If Peters makes that block the Bills win the game. A game that JP was WINNING up to that point, so don't say he played as bad in that game as Trent played today, because it's NOT TRUE. Anyone that has been on this board a while will tell you I was a JP supporter, so no I did not call for them to get JP out of here. He was ALREADY out of here by the time that game was played anyway. I really don't care why Trent is playing so bad but the fact is he is & has been for a long time.

JP and Trent are mutually exclusive. One plays in the NFL and the other plays in the USAPZFL. WHO CARES ABOUT JP!

I would start Fitz and see how he does.

Me too. At this point we can be realatively certain Trent ain't taking us anywhere this year. We still have 12 games left and are only 2 back. Why not try Fitz against the Clowns? What could it hurt? Maybe he can have some success and get this team rolling with some confidence. In preseason whenever Trent came out not being able to complete anything more than 3 yards, Fitz would on his first pass hit a guy 20 yards downfield. Saw it twice. If he sucks, put Trent in at half time and let him try to be the savior. Maybe that would motivate him.

I just don't think Trent has the fire in his belly to be a winner in this league. Why else would you thorw a checdown on 4th and 18 or whatever on your last gasp of the game? Woud Big Ben or Peyton Manning or Flutie or Jimbo or Roget Staubach do that?

When everything goes well and the running game is working, etc. he looks like Joe Montana. If not, he looks clueless.

I'm officaily off Trent bandwagon. Been off Dick's since Clowns game last year.

We need a new coach and a real QB. End of story.

I'll agree to a point but to suggest that Jason "matador" Peters had nothing to do with that play is

being dishonest

If Losman deserved to go, then Trent should never take another snap as a Bill again. JP NEVER played as bad as Trent did today.

Obviously, you miss alot of Losman's games like the time he threw for 88 yards against the falcons. This is besides the point. Losman sucks, that is a proven fact since he is out of the league. Edwards sucks too though, it has finally took me this long to realize it. I hate the revolving door at the qb position but I really think we need to go all in & take a qb with our top 5 pick next year. Who do you go with though? Bradford, Snead, Clausen, Locker, Mccoy, Tebow. If Im the circle jerks, I try to trade down from my top five pick & get to around 15(maybe very difficult that is why I would not ask for the moon on this, maybe and 2nd & 3rd rounder it will be worth it for Wilson with the money he saves) & I draft tebow. Yeah, yeah, I know slow release, not good enough arm yada yada yada. This guy is a winner could make every throw neccasary, plus with his attitude losing is not an option. He would change the whole atmosphere of the lockerroom. My second choice would be Jake Locker. 4 year senior, has lost alot which concerns me. Hopefully with a year under their belt, the line will be better next year.

Me too. At this point we can be realatively certain Trent ain't taking us anywhere this year. We still have 12 games left and are only 2 back. Why not try Fitz against the Clowns? What could it hurt? Maybe he can have some success and get this team rolling with some confidence. In preseason whenever Trent came out not being able to complete anything more than 3 yards, Fitz would on his first pass hit a guy 20 yards downfield. Saw it twice. If he sucks, put Trent in at half time and let him try to be the savior. Maybe that would motivate him.

I just don't think Trent has the fire in his belly to be a winner in this league. Why else would you thorw a checdown on 4th and 18 or whatever on your last gasp of the game? Woud Big Ben or Peyton Manning or Flutie or Jimbo or Roget Staubach do that?

When everything goes well and the running game is working, etc. he looks like Joe Montana. If not, he looks clueless.

I'm officaily off Trent bandwagon. Been off Dick's since Clowns game last year.

We need a new coach and a real QB. End of story.

I'm with ya brother!

Some of the check downs were pretty funny; the whole Miami defense was sitting waiting for the pass to the RB, and then just exploded on the poor guy (Jackson and Lynch at least twice each got blown up).

By the way, I miss seeing the middle of the field; I forget what that looks like.

What is this "middle of the field" you speak of?

Aaargh.

We need O line people... :lol:

Yes and No ... obviously the o-line is young, inexperienced and has injuries ... yes, the line isn't getting it done ... BUT ... against NE and TB when TE had time to throw, except for the long TDs to TO and Lee, it's all dump-offs ... Greg-o knew that last week and the fins knew that yesterday and just camped out on those routes ... it's so much easier to play D when you don't have to worry about the middle of the field and anything deeper than 15 yards along the sides.

Maybe some year the light will go on with this guy ... it takes some QBs a few years to get it, but I'm done waiting ... time to move on.