To clear something up...

Alphadawg7

There is a misconception amongst some posters here that I have some vendeta or "crusade" against Trent and want him to fail so I can say "I told you so" and I totally understand why and its my fault and I want to apologize to the board for that.

I have unfortunately allowed myself to get caught up too often in threads where people are making outlandish claims of Trents greatness and try and discuss those claims logically when clearly logic has been thrown out the window in many of those claims (for example some comparing him to Manning, Brady, and Montanna...with people even saying he is or will be better than them to boot).

Then when attempting to discuss it logically fails it just turns into a lame argument. What some people dont understand is that being critical of Trents performance and discussing where he needs to improve doesnt mean you dont want him to succeed. But when you are trying to discuss that in a thread where people think Trent walks on water it doesnt go over well and turns into this long drawn out debate over and over again, more or less a "pissing contest".

Then that leads to the belief by some that I am on some crusade or want him to fail, which I certainly do not. Thats my fault for allowing myself to get caught up so much in those threads (especially since there are so many of them) and I get to reign that in. Everyone is entitled to their opinnion, no matter how outlandish it may seem.

So, for clarifying purposes, I want it to be known that I am pulling for Trent, wear his jersey, and want the Bills to win as much as anyone. And just because I am not satisfied with his play last year and I am critical about it, doesn't mean I dont like him or think he has potential.

A post by Heels made me realize that getting into this dribble starts to polute the board and thats not my intent. In full sincerity, I live an amazing life literally my dream life, and the last thing in the world I worry about is hoping Trent fails so I can say "I told you so" on a message board of people I will never meet in my lifetime.

So, that being said, I want to whole heartedly apologize to the members unfortunately subjected to the above mentioned on going debates and for them monopolizing the board at times. There is so much to be discussed now with the season other than just Trent (who had a good outing Monday) and a season to look forward to. I played football from a little kid into my twenties and am very passionate about it, love to watch it, really miss playing it, and very much love to discuss it.

There is a misconception amongst some posters here that I have some vendeta or "crusade" against Trent and want him to fail so I can say "I told you so" and I totally understand why and its my fault and I want to apologize to the board for that.

I have unfortunately allowed myself to get caught up too often in threads where people are making outlandish claims of Trents greatness and try and discuss those claims logically when clearly logic has been thrown out the window in many of those claims (for example some comparing him to Manning, Brady, and Montanna...with people even saying he is or will be better than them to boot).

Then when attempting to discuss it logically fails it just turns into a lame argument. What some people dont understand is that being critical of Trents performance and discussing where he needs to improve doesnt mean you dont want him to succeed. But when you are trying to discuss that in a thread where people think Trent walks on water it doesnt go over well and turns into this long drawn out debate over and over again, more or less a "pissing contest".

Then that leads to the belief by some that I am on some crusade or want him to fail, which I certainly do not. Thats my fault for allowing myself to get caught up so much in those threads (especially since there are so many of them) and I get to reign that in. Everyone is entitled to their opinnion, no matter how outlandish it may seem.

So, for clarifying purposes, I want it to be known that I am pulling for Trent, wear his jersey, and want the Bills to win as much as anyone. And just because I am not satisfied with his play last year and I am critical about it, doesn't mean I dont like him or think he has potential.

A post by Heels made me realize that getting into this dribble starts to polute the board and thats not my intent. In full sincerity, I live an amazing life literally my dream life, and the last thing in the world I worry about is hoping Trent fails so I can say "I told you so" on a message board of people I will never meet in my lifetime.

So, that being said, I want to whole heartedly apologize to the members unfortunately subjected to the above mentioned on going debates and for them monopolizing the board at times. There is so much to be discussed now with the season other than just Trent (who had a good outing Monday) and a season to look forward to. I played football from a little kid into my twenties and am very passionate about it, love to watch it, really miss playing it, and very much love to discuss it.

;) Nice post.

Kind of reminds me in a different way, of my unbending support of Jason Peters out here. I never told anyone I am a "Jason Peters" fan for life, and now root for the Eagles. My only take is that I will always think the Bills should have paid him and kept him as their anchor at LT for the next decade. I will never wish an injury on any NFL player. But I really don't care if he becomes another Mike Williams bust for Philly or continues his Pro Bowl career. I have no intention of coming out here in January and saying "I told you so" if he gets voted to another Pro Bowl. Forget him, he's gone now. I am only a die hard Bills fan that like you, wants to see the team and every player on it succeed. :wallbash:

Very solid post!

I tend to see Edwards in a more favorable light than you do. That said, I can easily see why you came away from the second half of last season with concerns about his play. I was starting to get a little worried myself!

But he put a lot of those concerns to rest with that New England game. He didn't play perfectly, but he looked like a guy who could get the job done.

Really? Can you provide a link to someone who has more than 10 posts here saying anything even close to that? I don't read every cripple-fight thread about Edwards, but I've never seen anyone here suggest such things.

It seems to me the majority of the outlandish things posted are from people with a pathological hatred of the Bills starting QB (or SS). One idiot yesterday even accused someone of rooting for Brady on MNF just so they could say "See, Trent sucks!". :)

Guest dog14787
Really? Can you provide a link to someone who has more than 10 posts here saying anything even close to that? I don't read every cripple-fight thread about Edwards, but I've never seen anyone here suggest such things.

Meanwhile, one idiot on the board yesterday accused someone of rooting for Brady on MNF just so they could say "See, Trent sucks!". It seems to me the majority of the outlandish things posted are from people with a pathological hatred of the Bills starting QB (or SS).

I find it ironic he makes an apology and takes another dig at anyone who disagree's with him.

I got called names that should never be used on this board, wheres my apology, I get it, because I compare Brady to TE I'm not included. This just in Alphaprick we just played Brady and of course we are going to compare the two QB's so give me a break.

Take your apology and shove it. :)

It seems to me the majority of the outlandish things posted are from people with a pathological hatred of the Bills starting QB (or SS). One idiot yesterday even accused someone of rooting for Brady on MNF just so they could say "See, Trent sucks!". :)

That post you cite did not come from someone with a pathological hatred of the Bills starting QB, just the opposite in fact, so it tends to undercut your point.

Well I'm certainly glad you took the half hour out of your life to construct that literary masterpiece. We'll all sleep a lot better now, I'm sure. Want a hug?

Got any better ideas Einstein? Or are you still trying to get the spraypaint off of your fingers?

It seems to me the majority of the outlandish things posted are from people with a pathological hatred of the Bills starting QB (or SS). One idiot yesterday even accused someone of rooting for Brady on MNF just so they could say "See, Trent sucks!". :censored:

SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

Guest dog14787
I think it is foolish to start talking about Trents greatness because he hasn't done anything GREAT YET.

I of course hope he does

Awww come on, its still fun to talk about, especially on this thread.

Trents great :censored:

worst post ever.

he's a glove wearing mary, admit it. he might do well against the bucs but just wait until winter hits, let's see him hit the intermediate and deep routes to owens and evans...what's that? worried??

Don't worry. He'll be back as soon as Trent tosses a couple picks.

lol...lets be clear...I still have all the same criticisms of Trent...

1. He doesnt read the D well enough yet nor nearly fast enough

2. He holds the ball too long

3. He waits until a WR is already open instead of throwing to the spot where the WR will be open (see Tom Brady's throw to Watson on his frist TD Monday night if you dont know what I mean) which is why he struggles to get the ball down field.

4. He seems to either doubt his arm or his read and hesitates or just doesnt pull the trigger too often.

None of that has changed. But just because I see those as holes in his game doesnt mean I want him to fail. It simply means, in my book, he hasnt been good enough yet and for him to be able to get to the next level those are areas he needs to improve. Mondays game was encouraging because he showed some confidence out there again. But honestly, those trouble spots I just mentioned were still very apparent in the game.

My original point of the thread was that Heels pointed out that with all the gibberish on this board about how Trent walks on water, getting involved in every thread pollutes the board, and I dont want to do that. But that doesnt mean I wont still discuss him in a thread or two as I will still hold Trent accountable, just the same as I would do with any other player on this team. And I will praise him when he does start to put it all together, just like I did this week when I said he had a good outing.

If someone wants to have a logical discussion fine, I am all ears, but please people need to stop trying so hard to crown a guy king who has never passed for 300 yards, never thrown more than 11 TD's in a season, never had a full season with less turnovers than TD's, never beat a winning team, never gotten us to the playoffs, never led this team to a winning record, and has yet to live up to the hype.

3. He waits until a WR is already open instead of throwing to the spot where the WR will be open (see Tom Brady's throw to Watson on his frist TD Monday night if you dont know what I mean) which is why he struggles to get the ball down field.

4. He seems to either doubt his arm or his read and hesitates or just doesnt pull the trigger too often.

None of that has changed. But just because I see those as holes in his game doesnt mean I want him to fail. It simply means, in my book, he hasnt been good enough yet and for him to be able to get to the next level those are areas he needs to improve. Mondays game was encouraging because he showed some confidence out there again. But honestly, those trouble spots I just mentioned were still very apparent in the game.

My original point of the thread was that Heels pointed out that with all the gibberish on this board about how Trent walks on water, getting involved in every thread pollutes the board, and I dont want to do that. But that doesnt mean I wont still discuss him in a thread or two as I will still hold Trent accountable, just the same as I would do with any other player on this team. And I will praise him when he does start to put it all together, just like I did this week when I said he had a good outing.

If someone wants to have a logical discussion fine, I am all ears, but please people need to stop trying so hard to crown a guy king who has never passed for 300 yards, never thrown more than 11 TD's in a season, never had a full season with less turnovers than TD's, never beat a winning team, never gotten us to the playoffs, never led this team to a winning record, and has yet to live up to the hype.

Where I strongly differ with you about is what I think to be your over emphasis on the qb position.

Matt Hasselbeck quarterbacked a team to a superbowl? Do you think he could have taken the 08 or 09 Bills to a superbowl? Yet, there is little reason imo to believe that Trent cannot, or will not turn out to be in his class.

In your posts, you do go after Trent quite a bit. That's OK. Most of the people who do this are the old JP crowd and that's OK too. I however think that Trent is pretty good and will get better. He will not beat teams alone very often ala Elway, but with help and coaching, again imo, he is up to the task of leading the Bills to wins.

I was aloof to the idea of the no-huddle, but I am warming up to it because I would rather see a smart guy like Trent making decisions than a dumb coach. Hopefully Van Pelt isn't dumb.

Guest dog14787

More thought waves goes through Trent Edwards mind in one play then you will have in a lifetime.

1.) If TE doesn't read defenses well, why do you think his audibles were successful, you think he's guessing.

2.)I didn't see Trent Edwards holding the ball to long against the Pats.

3 and 4 is pure speculation on your part, in reality TE is smart enough to take what the defense gives you and not throw into double coverage.

Guest dog14787
Yeah, there are quite a few, he is one of the worst.

Dog14787 has made a lot of outrageous claims, Magox has, wildrabbit has, and dozens more...

Oh, there more than dozens that think TE is a good QB, there are hundreds of thousands of Trent Edwards backers.

Where I strongly differ with you about is what I think to be your over emphasis on the qb position.

Matt Hasselbeck quarterbacked a team to a superbowl? Do you think he could have taken the 08 or 09 Bills to a superbowl? Yet, there is little reason imo to believe that Trent cannot, or will not turn out to be in his class.

In your posts, you do go after Trent quite a bit. That's OK. Most of the people who do this are the old JP crowd and that's OK too. I however think that Trent is pretty good and will get better. He will not beat teams alone very often ala Elway, but with help and coaching, again imo, he is up to the task of leading the Bills to wins.

I was aloof to the idea of the no-huddle, but I am warming up to it because I would rather see a smart guy like Trent making decisions than a dumb coach. Hopefully Van Pelt isn't dumb.

I was not a JP guy...I think he was mismanaged and may have had a better chance somewhere else under better circumstances, but I never though he was very good here either.

As far as your question about Hasselbeck, he really is a better QB than you give him credit for and very much like McNabb he has been a victim of little talent at WR most of his career. His only good WR was Darell Jackson and he was consistently hurt and hasnt been there in years. I dont know about the SB, but I would bet everything that we would for sure had made the playoffs last year with him at QB.

I never said Trent wont ever get us there, I never said Trent will never get any better. All I have said was his play thus far hasnt been nearly good enough and pointed out what his weaknesses are. That doesnt mean he cant grow and over come them. The problem is, the moment you say his play has been subpar the crazy's come out with these outlandish claims of greatness.

The true difference between me and you is that you have a much higher degree of confidence that Trent can get us there. I get you totally think he is or will be good enough for us to get there, and I have no problem with that. But you are also not making claims this guy is amongst the best QB's in the game like many people here when he has yet to do anything noteable in the NFL.

I, too, would like to take this opportunity to apologize if I have insulted anyone with my insight, clever wit and outrageous charm. It isn't easy being me and if you pack of losers understood the heavy burden I carry you would get off my back and take a good, long look at yourselves and how wrong you are when you compare your minuscule brains and stupid opinions with my own. So, please, accept this heartfelt apology and hearty handshake.

Guest dog14787
I, too, would like to take this opportunity to apologize if I have insulted anyone with my insight, clever wit and outrageous charm. It isn't easy being me and if you pack of losers understood the heavy burden I carry you would get off my back and take a good, long look at yourselves and how wrong you are when you compare your minuscule brains and stupid opinions with my own. So, please, accept this heartfelt apology and hearty handshake.

:censored:

More thought waves goes through Trent Edwards mind in one play then you will have in a lifetime.

1.) If TE doesn't read defenses well, why do you think his audibles were successful, you think he's guessing.

2.)I didn't see Trent Edwards holding the ball to long against the Pats.

3 and 4 is pure speculation on your part, in reality TE is just smart enough to take what the defense gives you and not throw into double coverage.

Its so hard to even respond to your posts sometimes...

1. Do you understand what a QB does when he reads a defense? I am not even talking about an audible. I am talking about when he drops back to pass he has to understand the coverage and know where the soft spots on the defense will be so he can throw the ball to the spot where his guy will be open. Trent holds the ball too long because he doesnt recognize where the open guy is going to be fast enough.

2. Then you clearly didnt watch the game, at least not without your homer goggles.

3. This is not speculation...if you had ever played football maybe you could see it better. Go back and watch the highlight of Bradys throw. Watson is literally blanketed at the point of Brady's release because he is not throwing to Watson there, he is throwing to where he knows he will get behind the coverage based on the how the play is developing. Trent just isnt good enough this area yet, and thats ok, doesnt mean he cant get better...

Do you know the biggest reason college QB's fail in the NFL? Because they cant do what I just said in #3...the game is much faster in the NFL and way more complex.

4. Yes, four is speculation and my opinnion, but its a common oppinion.

None of this means he is a terrible QB...it means he is still a developing QB who needs to improve in other areas. You just seem to think he is perfect already.

:censored: awesome :wallbash:

Guest dog14787
Its so hard to even respond to your posts sometimes...

1. Do you understand what a QB does when he reads a defense? I am not even talking about an audible. I am talking about when he drops back to pass he has to understand the coverage and know where the soft spots on the defense will be so he can throw the ball to the spot where his guy will be open. Trent holds the ball too long because he doesnt recognize where the open guy is going to be fast enough.

2. Then you clearly didnt watch the game, at least not without your homer goggles.

3. This is not speculation...if you had ever played football maybe you could see it better. Go back and watch the highlight of Bradys throw. Watson is literally blanketed at the point of Brady's release because he is not throwing to Watson there, he is throwing to where he knows he will get behind the coverage based on the how the play is developing. Trent just isnt good enough this area yet, and thats ok, doesnt mean he cant get better...

Do you know the biggest reason college QB's fail in the NFL? Because they cant do what I just said in #3...the game is much faster in the NFL and way more complex.

4. Yes, four is speculation and my opinnion, but its a common oppinion.

None of this means he is a terrible QB...it means he is still a developing QB who needs to improve in other areas. You just seem to think he is perfect already.

If its all the same to you I'll take our starting QB's decision making over your disillusioned observations.

If its all the same to you I'll take our starting QB's decision making over your disillusioned observations.

I love it...especially since most analysts have very similar "delusional observations" on what he needs to work on

I have a serious question: Do you think 15 turnovers, only 11 TD's, and barely a 200 yard per game average is great and the production of a QB that has put it all together? Be realistic for one time please...

I ask becaue you over and over again talk about how perfect he is and how he has it all together. In fact, in every thread I have seen you in that has somebody point out an area of improvement for Trent (whether it was me or someone else) you argue it and basically say they are crazy and make all these outlandish boasts about him.

I get you dont know enough about football to see some of these things, but just the marginal production, lack of WR involvement, and the second half of last year, you have to realize there are some areas he needs to improve on...

And for the record, I am going to go out on a limb here and predict Trents first 300 yard passing game against TB this week. I think AVP is going to make it a point to find ways to get the ball to T.O. and Evans this week and I dont think the Bucs D will be much of a challenge. I mean literally the biggest reason Trent doesnt have a 300 yard game has been because he doesnt use the WR's enough.

But with T.O. not getting much last week, I think they make it a point to do so this week and if he can he should be able to find some good success against a suspect Bucs D.

Guest dog14787
And for the record, I am going to go out on a limb here and predict Trents first 300 yard passing game against TB this week. I think AVP is going to make it a point to find ways to get the ball to T.O. and Evans this week and I dont think the Bucs D will be much of a challenge. I mean literally the biggest reason Trent doesnt have a 300 yard game has been because he doesnt use the WR's enough.

But with T.O. not getting much last week, I think they make it a point to do so this week and if he can he should be able to find some good success against a suspect Bucs D.

The Bucs will watch film and develop a strategy to slow down our short and intermediate attack and we will be able to counter with a few long balls because of it.

Its not about making it a point to get anyone in particular the ball, its about taking whats the defense gives you and doing what it takes to be successful. I'm not saying we won't get TO and Lee more involved this week because our upcoming opponent dictates otherwise.

I was not a JP guy...I think he was mismanaged and may have had a better chance somewhere else under better circumstances, but I never though he was very good here either.

As far as your question about Hasselbeck, he really is a better QB than you give him credit for and very much like McNabb he has been a victim of little talent at WR most of his career. His only good WR was Darell Jackson and he was consistently hurt and hasnt been there in years. I dont know about the SB, but I would bet everything that we would for sure had made the playoffs last year with him at QB.

I never said Trent wont ever get us there, I never said Trent will never get any better. All I have said was his play thus far hasnt been nearly good enough and pointed out what his weaknesses are. That doesnt mean he cant grow and over come them. The problem is, the moment you say his play has been subpar the crazy's come out with these outlandish claims of greatness.

The true difference between me and you is that you have a much higher degree of confidence that Trent can get us there. I get you totally think he is or will be good enough for us to get there, and I have no problem with that. But you are also not making claims this guy is amongst the best QB's in the game like many people here when he has yet to do anything noteable in the NFL.

Fair enough, but I like Hasselback. I saw him as a rookie drafted out of BC in a preseason game and knew he would be good. The same thing happened wrt Trent (it was against the Lions). Remember, Hasselback had W. Jones and Hutch, the best left side in football. The Bills didn't build their team this way.

Can't we all just get along and agree to rip the Bills for having a sixth round undersized starting LB with poor coverage skills instead of picking apart a pretty good performance by our QB!

Nope. We're the new breed of Bills fans. Which means we have to take every opportunity we can to build players up and then tear them down and aren't happy until they're driven out of town in Ralph's Town Car less than a year or two later....

See: Losman, JP ; Peters, Jason

Working on: Evans, Lee ; Edwards, Trent and Lynch, Marshawn

Stay Tuned for: Bell, Demetrius ; Hardy, James and check out my new post "Brian Moorman - drowner of kittens and average punter at best".