Only the Bungles could allow an 87 yard TD with 20 seconds left in the

Tcali

A crazy play no doubt, but does any other team in the current NFL have that type of thing happen to them?? All 3 DB's go for the ball and when one of them tips it up in the air, it flies directly to Stokely who catches it and only has to outrun a slow LB to the endzone...

I cannot remember a play like that happening in a long time...

A crazy play no doubt, but does any other team in the current NFL have that type of thing happen to them?? All 3 DB's go for the ball and when one of them tips it up in the air, it flies directly to Stokely who catches it and only has to outrun a slow LB to the endzone...

I cannot remember a play like that happening in a long time...

I swear that while I was watching that play, for a SPLIT second, I felt sorry for them. Until I remembered I was a Bills fan.

Let's be real, you could easily see something like that happening to us.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, that horrible bit of bad luck that hit them has shifted the curse to the Bengals! And maybe we'll finally make the playoffs this year!

One can hope....

does any other team in the current NFL have that type of thing happen to them??

I can think of at least one more team. Uh, Music City Miracle, Dallas Cowboys MNF game, New England game when Bledsoe was quarterback (I remember a really lousy call by the officials in that game that gave Bledsoe a chance to win), Ronnie Harmon dropped pass, 4th Down delay of game penalty after Ferguson converted the first down, OK, back to the game now...

I can think of at least one more team. Uh, Music City Miracle, Dallas Cowboys MNF game, New England game when Bledsoe was quarterback (I remember a really lousy call by the officials in that game that gave Bledsoe a chance to win), Ronnie Harmon dropped pass, 4th Down delay of game penalty after Ferguson converted the first down, OK, back to the game now...

+1

The MMM happened so long ago...besides, that play was and is still of questionable legality. The others simply don't really compare to this. No team should ever allow a TD with 28 seconds left with the other team at their own 13 yard line...

what an amazing, lucky play. incredible veteran prescence to make the HUGE play at crunch time. that play was almost as impressive to me as tyree grabbing the helmet against the head, altho that play probably is bigger because of the implications it carried. i just wanted to say WOW! good job stokley. when does his contract expire? Get er done, ross! (No please don't)

That was remiscent of the play Clements gave-up to Jimmy Smith on opening day of 2004. JUST KNOCK IT DOWN! :D

In fairness, he was reaching for the ball, it's not like it went through his hands. I don't think you can fault the DB on that play....just one of those flukes.

I'm gonna vomit. :D Thank you for that. Thank you very little.

In fairness, he was reaching for the ball, it's not like it went through his hands. I don't think you can fault the DB on that play....just one of those flukes.

youre right you cant blame the corner..but you can blame the Safeties.Sheeesh you gotta stay behind people..You dont all converge on the ball.Thats how things like that are allowed to happen .

In addition to the poor DB play --what about that clock management from hell??

Teams like the Bills and Bengals are snakebit more often than most teams because they do dumb stuff that leads them to the snakepit.

youre right you cant blame the corner..but you can blame the Safeties.Sheeesh you gotta stay behind people..You dont all converge on the ball.Thats how things like that are allowed to happen .

Yeah, that was pretty horrible. One safety came up from behind Stokley, and the other broke off pretty good coverage on Stokley to ultimately triple-cover the sideline receiver that was the target of the tipped pass.

Still a fluke, though...usually, when the defense breaks down on a tipped ball like that, the ball doesn't end up tipped right into the hands of another receiver.

Yeah, that was pretty horrible. One safety came up from behind Stokley, and the other broke off pretty good coverage on Stokley to ultimately triple-cover the sideline receiver that was the target of the tipped pass.

Still a fluke, though...usually, when the defense breaks down on a tipped ball like that, the ball doesn't end up tipped right into the hands of another receiver.

flukes happen more to and hurt more bad teams

The Bengals definitley Buffalo Billed it. Sure the Bills could that. They could do that and there could be a flag on the offense and it would happen again on the next play. I saw the Bills blow an 8 point lead with 20 seconds left to Dallas once. I saw the Bills blow a game against the Browns on MNF last season because they were afraid to win. I saw the Bills blow a playoff win on the last play on an illegal trick kickoff return. When you have a cheap owner that hires bad/cheap coaches, has bad drafts and poor free agent signings that stuff happens. Speaking of the Browns, today was the first time their offense scored a TD since the Bills game last season. Jeez.

The Bengals definitley Buffalo Billed it. Sure the Bills could that. They could do that and there could be a flag on the offense and it would happen again on the next play. I saw the Bills blow an 8 point lead with 20 seconds left to Dallas once. I saw the Bills blow a game against the Browns on MNF last season because they were afraid to win. I saw the Bills blow a playoff win on the last play on an illegal trick kickoff return. When you have a cheap owner that hires bad/cheap coaches, has bad drafts and poor free agent signings that stuff happens. Speaking of the Browns, today was the first time their offense scored a TD since the Bills game last season. Jeez.

right on Kasper. The Cincy play today...plus those Bills debacles--were no fluke.There were lots of mistakes that led up to those 'flukes'. Ralph--you need to pay your head coach as much as you pay Kelsay or Dockery or Walker or Schobel.

ROFL the announcer sounds like Howard Simon from WGR 550 announcing PBP when he starts screaming and carrying on...only difference is that Howard Simon does that for a 2 yard run instead of a miraculous TD catch...must be why he no longer does PBP anymore...

Not sure who the announcer is, but here is his PBP---sounds like he is one of those hometown highschool announcers you always hear carrying on at those Texas HS championship games:

"The ball batted up...

OH!! CAUGHT!!! STOKELY!! DOWN THE SIDELINE!! CAN THEY CATCH HIM?!?!? STOKELY!! WWWWWWWOOOOWWWWW!!!

TOUCHDOWN!!!!......DENVER!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!! WHAT A PLAY!!! 87 YARDS!!!"

All of a sudden in comes Susan Waldman from the Yankees broadcast team....

"OH MY GOODNESS!!! GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!! OF ALL THE DRAMATIC THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN!! THAT HAS TO TAKE THE CAKE!!"

hahahaha

I knew it...I knew when I was typing this the other day that we are due for another heartbreaker. Oddly enough, I was able to get over this latest NE meltdown fairly quickly. The Cowboys MNF disaster really stayed with me for a while. That's because I really thought we had that game won. Tonight, even with the 11 point lead, then the 5 point lead - any follower of the Bills knew the chances were pretty good that something would go wrong...

I knew it...I knew when I was typing this the other day that we are due for another heartbreaker. Oddly enough, I was able to get over this latest NE meltdown fairly quickly. The Cowboys MNF disaster really stayed with me for a while. That's because I really thought we had that game won. Tonight, even with the 11 point lead, then the 5 point lead - any follower of the Bills knew the chances were pretty good that something would go wrong...

Actually statistically speaking, the chances were under 5%....