There is something so strange about this board

Tcali

this year.In its attitude. Not exactly sure how to describe it....-But will give it a go.

Chaotic and unstable come to mind...with some deeply ingrained pessimism where there normally is(false) optimism.

Could this be the culmination of one possibly failing regime piled on top of another failed regime??(5 yrs of Donahoe + 5 more years coming up of Levy/Jauron/JP/Dockery/walker/Kelsay/).I think even the ever optimistic'its a new day' Bills fan may have been pushed beyond that 'point'.

Simple drudgery-like mediocrity is easier to deal with.That would have occurred if we kept Walker,kept JP, with Trent going 20 for 26 for 101 yards and no touchdowns .

But we picked up TO,traded JP,had a good draft I think, the offense was horrible instead of mediocre in the preseason,,and we started cutting and firing people at the last minute on top of it. A real mishmash.Lots of bad lots of good lots of we don't know.

For the first time in a while I think this team won't be mediocre.---

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this year.In its attitude. Not exactly sure how to describe it....-But will give it a go.

Chaotic and unstable come to mind...with some deeply ingrained pessimism where there normally is(false) optimism.

Could this be the culmination of one possibly failing regime piled on top of another failed regime??(5 yrs of Donahoe + 5 more years coming up of Levy/Jauron/JP/Dockery/walker/Kelsay/).I think even the ever optimistic'its a new day' Bills fan may have been pushed beyond that 'point'.

Simple drudgery-like mediocrity is easier to deal with.That would have occurred if we kept Walker,kept JP, with Trent going 20 for 26 for 101 yards and no touchdowns .

But we picked up TO,traded JP,had a good draft I think, the offense was horrible instead of mediocre in the preseason,,and we started cutting and firing people at the last minute on top of it. A real mishmash.Lots of bad lots of good lots of we don't know.

I think have drafted well the last 2, and haved raised the overall talent level, but the Front Office and coaching staff are a mess, and they still need a QB.

They are still mediocre, and will be for at least a season or 2.

I think have drafted well the last 2, and haved raised the overall talent level, but the Front Office and coaching staff are a mess, and they still need a QB.

They are still mediocre, and will be for at least a season or 2.

I was thinking we may be less than mediocre--even though I like our last 2 drafts as well. We'll see.

I think you have to look at the bigger picture. I'll use myself as an example. I have been a Bills fan since 1976. 33rd season coming up. In the previous 32 seasons, I have witnessed 6 great seasons. (80, 88, 90, 91, 92, 93) and 6 pretty good seasons (81, 89, 95, 96, 98, 99). Now, all 12 of those ended in heartbreak of varying degrees. The other 20 including the last 9 have been terrible yet I always have and always will come back every season for the simple fact that I love the Bills. Unconditional, senseless, gut wrenching, heart stomping love. Why? Don't know. Don't care. Just the way it has always been. My point is, I think people are just really fed up with the team they love not having any direction and just flailing away, barely having it's collective heads above water every year. We all know the stats. No playoffs for 9 straight seasons and staring 10 right in the face. No playoff win since 1995. 14 years and it doesn't look like it will change anytime soon. RW is a cheap old man. The organization he has put together time and again is a big joke. The coaches have been cheap and BAD. The drafts have been average at best. The Free Agent signings have been marginal. The Free Agent losses have been big. They gave Toronto a HOME game. Yet, the Ralph is still sold out every game. The local TV ratings are among the highest in the NFL. Merchandise sales are always big. There are Bills fans all over the country and the world. All we want is a winner. All we get is the same old crap with different names except for the guy at the top year after year. Frustration should be evident. Crazy, out of control, full retard frustration should be the norm. Nothing we can do about it either except show that frustration here or the other few outlets there are. It's kind of like group therapy.

People are overreacting to the media's overreaction. The Wildly Overreacting Bandwagon is overflowing with people trying to jump onboard. Better grab a bumper or a wheel or whatever you can to hold onto...just try and make sure you can jump off real easy since you will probably get trampled over after the first win...

I have been a member for some years...a reader for longer than that, but I have seen the usual influx of idiots the past two months or so, spewing the same tired hate they always have. That being said, the events of the the past week have me, the eternal optimist, just a bit worried as well... :pirate:

But we picked up TO,traded JP

Actually we didn't trade JP. His contract was up and we didn't offer him a new one.

As far as the pessimism, yeah there's good reason. But I won't be falling for it. We got some talent. If Alex calls better plays and the ball bounces our way some this year for a change, we could a have decent little team. So, I'm hanging in. All the pre season games mean nothing at this point. Bring on the regular season!

I've been a Bills fans since 1996. I've only seen a few good seasons. But the way the fans support this team at home and because the team always plays hard fought exciting games, I'm still a fan.

I have been a member for some years...a reader for longer than that, but I have seen the usual influx of idiots the past two months or so, spewing the same tired hate they always have. That being said, the events of the the past week have me, the eternal optimist, just a bit worried as well... :pirate:

I am also a Bills optimist...Been a fan since '88. But I have never seen the kinda moves the Bills are making. It reeks of pure desperation. Can't wait to see how it all plays out though

I think you have to look at the bigger picture. I'll use myself as an example. I have been a Bills fan since 1976. 33rd season coming up. In the previous 32 seasons, I have witnessed 6 great seasons. (80, 88, 90, 91, 92, 93) and 6 pretty good seasons (81, 89, 95, 96, 98, 99). Now, all 12 of those ended in heartbreak of varying degrees. The other 20 including the last 9 have been terrible yet I always have and always will come back every season for the simple fact that I love the Bills. Unconditional, senseless, gut wrenching, heart stomping love. Why? Don't know. Don't care. Just the way it has always been. My point is, I think people are just really fed up with the team they love not having any direction and just flailing away, barely having it's collective heads above water every year. We all know the stats. No playoffs for 9 straight seasons and staring 10 right in the face. No playoff win since 1995. 14 years and it doesn't look like it will change anytime soon. RW is a cheap old man. The organization he has put together time and again is a big joke. The coaches have been cheap and BAD. The drafts have been average at best. The Free Agent signings have been marginal. The Free Agent losses have been big. They gave Toronto a HOME game. Yet, the Ralph is still sold out every game. The local TV ratings are among the highest in the NFL. Merchandise sales are always big. There are Bills fans all over the country and the world. All we want is a winner. All we get is the same old crap with different names except for the guy at the top year after year. Frustration should be evident. Crazy, out of control, full retard frustration should be the norm. Nothing we can do about it either except show that frustration here or the other few outlets there are. It's kind of like group therapy.

Well said!

WOW, that sums up everything PERFECTLY! I agree with you 100% and couldn't have said so better myself.

"Rebuilding" over 10 Seasons does not coincide with each other.

How can an organization decide at the last minute that their offensive coordinator doesn't fit, or that their Left Tackle isn't cutting it? 2 Rookies and 1 essential Rookie on the offensive line = "Rebuilding"

It's just frustrating and tiring.... :pirate:

Ding...Winner!!

Awesome post! :pirate:

No playoffs for 9 straight seasons and staring 10 right in the face. No playoff win since 1995. 14 years and it doesn't look like it will change anytime soon. RW is a cheap old man. The organization he has put together time and again is a big joke. The coaches have been cheap and BAD. The drafts have been average at best. The Free Agent signings have been marginal. The Free Agent losses have been big. They gave Toronto a HOME game.

sounds like a lot of reasons to be frustrated with the Bills

I disagree with the 2nd bolded point above in your well though out and presented post. There is only one way in my opinion to try and influence things and you nailed it right on the head with the first bolded point. Until they are hurt on the bottom line, there is little incentive to make any significant change. Money is what they understand in the front office of One Bills Drive. Change bolded point 1, hurt them where it counts. The downside being the possibility that they pickup their toys and move to another city.

"Rebuilding" over 10 Seasons does not coincide with each other.

How can an organization decide at the last minute that their offensive coordinator doesn't fit, or that their Left Tackle isn't cutting it? 2 Rookies and 1 essential Rookie on the offensive line = "Rebuilding"

It's just frustrating and tiring.... :pirate:

But, at least better than the retreads that were brought in as FAs over the years, no?

IF that line #1 has the talent, #2 stays healthy then we at least have a solid foundation on one side of the ball. When was the last time you could say that?

Optimistic? No.

Hopeful? Always.

I've been a fan since the mid-late 70's myself and I thing I know for sure. There was something about last year that was more frustrating then ANY other year I've watched the Bills.....and yes, even more then the 2-14seasons. At least when the team wasn't good it was not any surprise to anyone. There was no free-agency so if you didn't have good drafts, you didn't have a good team. Plus there were no quick turn arounds in win-lose records.....hence the dynasty teams.

But last year was unique......we literally went from one of the best teams in the league to gradually becoming one of the worse. I honestly think that it could be argued that the Bills were the worst (besides Detroit, maybe).