Langston Walker released/Kirk Chambers re-signed

Warren Zevon

QUOTE (thebandit27 @ Sep 8 2009, 04:59 PM) *

what a bunch of panty-wastes on this board!

this guy was horrendous. did anyone watch him play in any of the 5 preseason games? he was brutal in run blocking, and got abused by Dewayne White (who?), Detroit's RDE (2 penalties and 3 blown blocking assignments in 4 plays in the 2nd quarter) in the passing game.

there's no way this is such a bad move. yes, the timing was poor, but it was the right move.

thank you

No doubt what did they expect though taking a career road grating RT and make him a LT????

It's not the bull dozer's fault it's not a Hummer!!!!!!!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then when the Bills go 1-15 this year and everyone gets all excited over the #1 pick and sells out the season before May, the Bills will trade the pick so they don't have to pay the guy.

If we go 1-15 this year it is not going to be because we don't have Langston Walker at LT. I mean this is Langston Walker we're talking about after all.

It's funny how the Bills like to live on the edge when they seem to be the most injury-prone team in the league.

Sure, we'll get by with Bell as a starting LT (who was already dinged up for weeks), and Fred Jackson (also injured in the pre-season) and Oman as our only RB options.

Watch out--by week 2, we'll have Seth McKinney starting at LT and Corey McIntyre as our starting RB.

If you can get at least the same production with the #2 and #3 guys on the roster it would be dumb to keep the expensive load. Not a big deal to me.

Especially when the inexpensive younger guy has the potential to get better. I was surprised there wasn't more of this last weekend. Reed, Kelsay, Schobel, Denney, Florence. All the tickets are sold. Ralph has/had the opportunity of a lifetime to purge close to $20m in salary this year alone and not lose anything on the field. Walker and Rhodes are just a small fraction of what could be saved.

Ok bud. Walker sucks, this move needed to be made. So what was the plan heading into the draft again? Tell me again why this team ended up with Maybin, Wood and Byrd instead of Oher and Everett Brown, etc.? Are you suggesting that the plan all along was to trade Peters, draft no left tackles, and hope Bell came into camp ready to take over? Come on. The fact is that the organization has no real plan, and hasn't from day one.

I hear you, and like I said, it's purely speculation on my part. The bottom line is the Bills drafted two OL starters on day one of the draft. They didn't like any of the OTs enough to draft them that high. They may have "hoped" Walker would take to the LT position, but he didn't. Thankfully they also knew they had Bell, and he was developing quickly.

Just because a plan is risky doesn't mean there is no plan.

There has been some speculation that Runyan and/or Levi Jones will be signed after week one by any number of teams, so if they break down the team won't have to pay them the full season salary. That could be the reason they signed Chambers. It seems hard for me to believe, even if they are completely inept, that they would decide to cut Chambers and keep Walker, and then two days later cut Walker and bring back Chambers because they thought that made them a better team. They could be bringing back Chambers just for the one week of having a veteran player who knows the system for the first game or two.

Wheeeeee! Fun time as a Bills fan. Any word if Bell...you know...is physically able to play?

Supposedly, they expect everybody -- including Bell -- to be able to practice tomorrow.

Hope they're right.

There has been some speculation that Runyan and/or Levi Jones will be signed after week one by any number of teams, so if they break down the team won't have to pay them the full season salary. That could be the reason they signed Chambers. It seems hard for me to believe, even if they are completely inept, that they would decide to cut Chambers and keep Walker, and then two days later cut Walker and bring back Chambers because they thought that made them a better team. They could be bringing back Chambers just for the one week of having a veteran player who knows the system for the first game or two.

Hope you are right. Unfortunately that would be a prudent move. Does this FO give you nay reason to think it will occur like that?

I didn't think they'd keep Walker if he didn't work out at LT. I just didn't think they'd decide that before the season even started. Was he really THAT bad in pre-season. I know his attitude stunk, which didn't help I'm sure, but why not give him a few games to see how he does before giving up on him?

I bet they tried to trade Walker first and cut Chambers because they knew no team would rush to sign him. After failing to get any offers for Walker, they cut him and then re-signed Chambers. Just an educated guess.