Langston Walker released/Kirk Chambers re-signed

Warren Zevon

That makes sense, but I do disagree wrt the trade value of RTs. A mid round draft pick would have seemed a reasonable way to go. There is always a need for these guys.

What has, and will continue to irk me is the way that Jauron approaches the OL. Since he has been here, the Bills have drafted 275 defensive backs and even brought in a bunch of UFA dbs to compete for spots. The man, intellect and all, seems to have no knowledge of how to build a winning football team. Jauron should be a defensive backs assistant coach, and nothing else.

Great point. Even high school and pee-wee coaches should know that in football you are only as good as your lines. Maybe cause Jauron was a db he has a hard on for the position. This team has turned into a rolling joke.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll wait to see the results. On the BBMB, I had been advocating Bell at LT and Walker at RT, with Butler at LG. I don't know what soured the Bills on Walker so much (attitude, weight, performance?), but there must have been something to make them want to cut him, beyond money (he wasn't getting paid a ton for a starting RT, but was for a backup OT).

Amen. I am a little surprised at the reaction around here. It's not like they cut Evans, Lynch or Maybin. It's Langston Freaking Walker, an extraordinarily average RT and a severely below average LT. Bell at LT and Butler at RT is better than any combo including Walker.

This OL is one of the worst in the league - give me an average Walker at RT any day (though I disagree, while not spectacular I think Walker is very solid at RT.)

This OL is one of the worst in the league - give me an average Walker at RT any day (though I disagree, while not spectacular I think Walker is very solid at RT.)

I want a sh-- kicker like Butler at right tackle not a scholar like Walker. He had the size but seemed like a giant teddy bear. Butler is nasty and even a little dirty. Much harder to play against and more effective.

I want a sh-- kicker like Butler at right tackle not a scholar like Walker. He had the size but seemed like a giant teddy bear. Butler is nasty and even a little dirty. Much harder to play against and more effective.

Personally, I think the best Bills OL has Butler at RG with Walker next to him at RT. But the Bills brass seems intent on throwing rookies into the fire so Bell & Levitre get the nod and Walker gets the axe.

I'm sure the next coaching staff will appreciate that Jauron seasoned these rookies for them and they didn't have to suffer through the growing pains.

So is Tila Tequila but she can't play RT either

Don't know if this has been mentioned in the 17 pages... but how does this make UFAs view the Bills now?

Buffalo has a difficult time as it is to sign guys in UFA (state of the team, NY taxes, etc.). Now we add in a bit of a reputation as signing guys in UFA that we keep on for 2 years maximum and then dump them. Not so enticing to lay contract numbers out backloaded when guys know they'll probably just be a stopgap. I mean, this is something that players and agents are well aware of in the business side of things, but still....

Don't know if this has been mentioned in the 17 pages... but how does this make UFAs view the Bills now?

Buffalo has a difficult time as it is to sign guys in UFA (state of the team, NY taxes, etc.). Now we add in a bit of a reputation as signing guys in UFA that we keep on for 2 years maximum and then dump them. Not so enticing to lay contract numbers out backloaded when guys know they'll probably just be a stopgap. I mean, this is something that players and agents are well aware of in the business side of things, but still....

Yeah that is a good point. Although if your a marginal free agent looking for a big payday maybe it helps them look at Buffalo. Can sign with them for more money than other teams are offering, and get bonus based on 5 year contract, but only have to play out 2 years of it tops, then get another bonus, sign me up :thumbsup: