Fitzpatrick starting at QB tonight

I'm guessing that the cagey Dick Jauron doesn't want to expose Trent to the horrible boos that will reign down on him when he checks down on 3rd and 10 for 4 yds.

Now it won't happen until the Tampa game.

Or maybe he just wanted to give us a shot at a win.

Or maybe just another step in the plan to wussify the entire team in the image of the HC.

why wouldnt he just come in to play a series?? Maybe he'd lead us down the field against a subpar lions team and gain some confidence. I'm also very surprised......

Yeah I don't get it either. I mean why not let him play a half? It's not like Trent can't use the work. If he were Payton Manning and already knew he knew how to play that would be different. Whey not throw him out there and come in for a series and throw 3 bombs in a row for practice? Maybe more if he completes one. Do what you don't do well to get better. If he throws picks or whatever, doesn't matter, it's preseason. Even if he does get hurt, it wouldn't hurt the team that much.

That's OK though, Dick knows best.

Yeah I don't get it either. I mean why not let him play a half? It's not like Trent can't use the work. If he were Payton Manning and already knew he knew how to play that would be different. Whey not throw him out there and come in for a series and throw 3 bombs in a row for practice? Maybe more if he completes one. Do what you don't do well to get better. If he throws picks or whatever, doesn't matter, it's preseason. Even if he does get hurt, it wouldn't hurt the team that much.

That's OK though, Dick knows best.

I know he's supposed to like Trent & all, but this could be yet another Ralph mandate. :unsure:

AS usual crafty Dick J doesn't want to let the secret plan out of the bag exposing Trent. Jim Kelly dressed as Trent will be there on opening day! Unreal, is arm burnt out from throwing those 10 yard outs?

Agree. If I were the coach, I'd have the starting offense out there for a half and tell them they had better play like it's their last game. They obviously need the work and more time to evaluate the bottom of the roster is less important at this point IMO. Shows you again how risk averse Jauron is (risk of injury). He'll have the starters sleep walking from now until opening day. Jauron commits himself to mediocrity.

Agree. If I were the coach, I'd have the starting offense out there for a half and tell them they had better play like it's their last game. They obviously need the work and more time to evaluate the bottom of the roster is less important at this point IMO. Shows you again how risk averse Jauron is (risk of injury). He'll have the starters sleep walking from now until opening day. Jauron commits himself to mediocrity.

They will be "Bubble Boys" ala Seinfeld..... sigh.

First play from scrimmage Fitz completes 14 yard pass to Roscoe. I hope Trent's watching.

I think the first unit should have played some as punishment, etc. but I am not an NFL coach. Here are some of the decisions made by NFL coaches tonight:

NOT PLAYING: Peyton Manning, Brady, McNabb, Flacco, Ryan, Carson Palmer D. Anderson, Brady Quinn, Cutler, Brees

1 SERIES: Collins, Rodgers, Sanchez, Eli Manning, Rothlisberger, Del Homme - 1 Series

More than one series: Pennington, Warner

So while I think we would probably want to err on the side of playing and getting something going, not playing the starters this week is not rocket science. Teams would rather have a bye than have to play, and I don't think this is a mistake necessarily.