Positives from last night's game

I really feel like we need to lighten up a little. Maybe looking for some positives from last night's game can help.

I'll start: No major injuries sustained.

Our back ups play with more heart and desire than our 1st stringers. That's a positive to me.

I agree but part of that is because they are playing for jobs and the starters aren't, even though 75% of the starters should be.

75% is a very kind figure.

This team needs to dump a few veterans to send a message, I'm talking to you Schobel and Kelsay, you guys fukking suck.

Copeland Bryan had another sack. Stupar led the team in catches and rec yards continuing to impress. And there were no serious injuries of any kind. Let's also keep in mind that this is the preseason. I know it's another instance of our "O" struggling versus a 3-4, but there was no Owens to relieve the pressure off Lee and GB has a GOOD set of CB's in Woodson and Harris. We will be fine.

Fitzpatrick coninutes to improves from his "awful" 2 days of training camp.

As someone who was at teh game said, the pass blocking was good but are receivers simply weren't getting open. Josh Reed is not a starting receiver. If TO is healthy, this will improve.

We actually outgained teh Pack and if not for the turnovers, we may have won the game. :ph34r:

Despite that terrible football game, I had a great Sautrday night. :sick:

I really feel like we need to lighten up a little. Maybe looking for some positives from last night's game can help.

WTF??? Positives????

How bout you take your skirt off, put on some man pants, and we just all tell the truth and stop pretending its all good. Tis is exactly the problem.... To you and fans like you, last nights game is acceptable. You've become (or maybe you're just that way) pussified.

:sick:

WTF??? Positives????

How bout you take your skirt off, put on some man pants, and we just all tell the truth and stop pretending its all good. Tis is exactly the problem.... To you and fans like you, last nights game is acceptable. You've become (or maybe you're just that way) pussified.

:sick:

Who the hell thinks the game wasn't terrible? But amazingly, the regular season didn't start on August 22. So despite how terrible our starters looked, it was still completely meaningless. Just like the Steelers game from last season when our starters smoked the Super Bowl champs. Meaningless.

Who the hell thinks the game wasn't terrible? But amazingly, the regular season didn't start on August 22. So despite how terrible our starters looked, it was still completely meaningless. Just like the Steelers game from last season when our starters smoked the Super Bowl champs. Meaningless.

I don't think you get it. In preseason, it ain't whether you win or lose.... it's how you play the game. When you live in a division of 3-4 defenses and still haven't figured out how to play against one, that's not OK, that's a huge problem. When your starters get smoked 21-zip and the players are comfortable and OK with it, saying crap like we'll learn from our mistakes, that's a bunch of loser hooey and is an indicator that it's acceptable. If I were one of the players I'd have been a man about it and flat out said we stunk, we were pathetic, and enourage the fans to call us out when we play like that.

I don't think you get it. In preseason, it ain't whether you win or lose.... it's how you play the game. When you live in a division of 3-4 defenses and still haven't figured out how to play against one, that's not OK, that's a huge problem. When your starters get smoked 21-zip and the players are comfortable and OK with it, saying crap like we'll learn from our mistakes, that's a bunch of loser hooey and is an indicator that it's acceptable. If I were one of the players I'd have been a man about it and flat out said we stunk, we were pathetic, and enourage the fans to call us out when we play like that.

Again, when we smoked the Steelers last year in preseason (who ran a 3-4), what did it mean? The same thing as this game did. It was terrible, yet it doesn't count. Let's move on and hopefilly, TO is healthy. Because this offense sucks without him. But amazingly when you put a HOF and leading td receiver on your team, things open up for the offense.

WTF??? Positives????

:ph34r:

Yes, I clearly stated that last night's game was acceptable. Pull your head out of wherever it's stuck. Or keep it there if it means you might be less likely to fly off the handle spouting junk.

Obviously, the game last night was terrible. I felt nauseous watching it. Everyone who watched the game realized their play was unacceptable. I'm looking for something to feel good about, because frankly, there wasn't much. Thanks for taking the thread out of context and making me feel like :sick: again.

I used to get all excited about preseason games but after the Superbowl teams routinely went 0-4 and looked terrible in the preseason, I stopped reading anything into what I saw. Do you remember how bad those teams looked in the preseason?

#54 Harris was stellar, he will contribute somewhere. McCargo looked ok to me. Oman had some moments. Rhodes ran well though his whiffed block almost got the QB killed. My biggest concern is that it all looked just like the end of last year which is scary. If we are looking to lead the league in 3 yard completions we are well on our way.

I used to get all excited about preseason games but after the Superbowl teams routinely went 0-4 and looked terrible in the preseason, I stopped reading anything into what I saw. Do you remember how bad those teams looked in the preseason?

Yep.

Suggesting this is the same situation is crazy. The SB teams were loaded with experienced talent. Undestand that your record in the preseason does not matter at all. The fact your starters were dominated on both sides of the ball is reason for concern.

Do you see the same level of talent on this team as those early 90's teams? Me neither. You knew those teams could kick butt in September. This team hasn't shown anything pre-season or regular the last 10 years. No reason at all to believe this team will be good out of the September gate

I think Chris Ellis and Copeland really look like they're going to help the passrush get better this yr. I would like to think that one of them could unseat Denny at 2d string DE. Also, Nic Harris looked solid.

I thought Steve Johnson looked real good too. I still don't understand the Bill's fascination with Reed. Parrish and Johnson would do better in his spot.

one more positive....The message was sent that this team has a lot of improving to do. They cannot ever believe that they're good, and can rest on their laurels. They not only have to omprove, but rather improve faster than their opponents.

The home crowd got treated to a marvelous summer evening. They are sure that the Packers are Super Bowl contenders.

Hey look, you're post made it without being deleted.

In response to one of you're earlier comments that was deleted, it's not moderators, it is moderator.

Back to the subject, McCargo played well, Stupar was excellent, Rhodes looked quick, Nic Harris had a couple good tackles and Copeland Bryant was disruptive.