Shawn Nelson

Just keep watching.. Hope you saw the TD

He beat his coverage in the endzone and was open last week...but Fitzpatrick had happy feet and rolled out.

I like him. It's obvious he needs to block better....if he locks onto his man, McIntyre breaks off a 30 yard run on that last drive. I think he's a really nice redzone target.

He is the Redzone target we have been missing.

Did you see him attack that ball? The DB had zero chance. I realize it was no Champ Bailey. But I really liked the way Nelson looked on that play

He also made a nice catch (although a little short of the sticks) when we were pinned deep

Between TO, Nelson, a healthy experienced Hardy and the 3 RB's we have, there is no excuse whatsoever for this staff not to have this team excel in the red zone.

Guest dog14787
Between TO, Nelson, a healthy experienced Hardy and the 3 RB's we have, there is no excuse whatsoever for this staff not to have this team excel in the red zone.

:)

Glad you didn't forget Hardy, he's definitely under the radar right now, but I see TO really helping him along. :)

Did you see him attack that ball? The DB had zero chance. I realize it was no Champ Bailey. But I really liked the way Nelson looked on that play

He also made a nice catch (although a little short of the sticks) when we were pinned deep

Don't misunderstand this, it isn't meant as negativity to the player...but (IMO) he easily could have been called for offensive interference on that play, not once but twice. Glad he made the catch. Glad he can make a strong play on the ball. Really like the play call.

It's nice to see that Tight End seems to be a strength right now after everyone was complaining about the position being weak. Even Stupar is making plays.

I was very concerned about our Tight End position going into the season. After these first 2 games I am liking what I see.

We face an interesting dilemma come cut time. I do not see how we can even think of not having a spot on this roster for Stupar. Nelson's TD was a great sight to see.

It will be tough to keep all four TE's on the roster. However, I would not be surprised if we cut Corey McIntyre and made Derek Schouman our new Fullback. Schouman has played FB before.

TE is still weak. They remind me of the Sabres defense. No complete first line player.

Shouman....smart, blocks well, runs routes well.....can't get separation, not the most athletic

Fine....ok at finding seams, has some upside....little small to be all-around

Stupar....looks like a combo of Shouman/Fine. I would like to see him get some 1st team reps to see if his play is a fluke

Nelson...Very athletic. Will probably never be an all-around TE, but can be the Keith McKellar/ Red Zone guy.

Edwards seems to love Shouman. All of these guys look ok, but I can't get giddy over it.

I was very concerned about our Tight End position going into the season. After these first 2 games I am liking what I see.

We face an interesting dilemma come cut time. I do not see how we can even think of not having a spot on this roster for Stupar. Nelson's TD was a great sight to see.

It will be tough to keep all four TE's on the roster. However, I would not be surprised if we cut Corey McIntyre and made Derek Schouman our new Fullback. Schouman has played FB before.

Second that roster move. For that matter, why not pull a trick out of Belichick's bag and use a LB on the rare occasions (goal-line, mostly) when a FB is required? Oh wait, the Bills' RBs outweigh their LBs ... never mind. :)

heard so much about this kid during draft but nothing since whats up???

Shawn Nelson may be suffering from the same problems James Hardy suffered from last year. His demanding offensive coaches obviously don't think he is catching onto the playbook as quickly as he needs to, to come into games before the third quarter. Just like I thought with Hardy last year, after watching Nelson's TD catch in the corner of the endzone from Fitzy, if he does not get on the field much his rookie season, I will only blame the demanding coaches who's only job is to "coach him up."!!! :)

McIntyre looked like an animal out there his blocking is much better than Shouman. And when he touched the ball he did great too.

Shouman got into the rotation as a 7th rounder because we were so deficient at TE for his first couple of years; now we have some guys that can compete, sorry, its time to say bye bye Derek.

The team will not be made better by moving him to FB and letting McIntyre go; Corey is a beast too.

Yesterday's showing was promising...think about how hard it would be to defend in the red zone against a jump ball to Nelson on one side, and Evans, and TO on the other. Similar to what the Patriots and the cardinals do with the spread in the red zone. If they start doubling Nelson, things start to open up for other guys. They need to capitalize on this during the season.

I would love to hear your opinion on the HB Dive call on 3rd and 14 call from inside the 20.. I for one am tired of beating the dead horse that is the Bills play calling.

You had to like what you saw McIntyre do last night.

He looked to have a good game last night. his blocking is supposedly suspect but he may have the makings of a new red zone threat given his size. Let's hope he continues to show improvement weeek to week. If he and Wood keep coming on the Bills will look like geniuses relative to the Peters trade. (no need for flames as I was strongly vocal in my opposition to the trade)

heard so much about this kid during draft but nothing since whats up???

He actually looks like an NFL TE. None of our other TE's even look the part. Lets hope by week 8 he is starting. Unfortunately he has little NFL style offense experience. Let's hope he learns quickly. Could you imagine the room he will have to operate in the middle of the field with TO and Evans on the outside.

He actually looks like an NFL TE. None of our other TE's even look the part. Lets hope by week 8 he is starting. Unfortunately he has little NFL style offense experience. Let's hope he learns quickly. Could you imagine the room he will have to operate in the middle of the field with TO and Evans on the outside.

I highly doubt he'll be the starting TE anytime soon. I see most of his playing time split out wide, and that's a good thing.

Prediction:

Nelson will have more TD's this year than Hardy will in his entire career.

He isn't just a tall dude. He is built like an athlete and runs crisper routes. They are going to try and use him in almost every position along the line of scrimmage. He may take a little time to catch on to the whole program....but I would hammer every redzone package play into him and settle for that this year.

Night and day as an athlete vs. Hardy