Madden 2010 is out today!

billsfan89

They should believe you, I don't think anyone would be dumb enough to try anything like that! :unsure:

Or, it could be the best scam ever!

He might have to have them call a manager I doubt some low level employee would be able to make an exchange for something that is missing. I agree that if he isn't doing too many returns at that store he should be able to get an exchange. Most managers will try to appease customers.

Funny exchange policy story when my friends brother needed money he use to go to home depo and pick something off the shelf that was lower than 40 dollars and go up to returns and asked for cash back without a receipt under the guise that it was a gift. They would always give him his return as anything under 40 dollars was allowed to be returned for cash without receipt.

He did it like two or three times a year just if he was in a pinch for cash. By 2003 some stores were ending that policy because of that scam. But it really got him mad when in the movie Garden State they showed a character doing that scam. Within a year of that movie coming out they ended that policy.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might have to have them call a manager I doubt some low level employee would be able to make an exchange for something that is missing. I agree that if he isn't doing too many returns at that store he should be able to get an exchange. Most managers will try to appease customers.

Funny exchange policy story when my friends brother needed money he use to go to home depo and pick something off the shelf that was lower than 40 dollars and go up to returns and asked for cash back without a receipt under the guise that it was a gift. They would always give him his return as anything under 40 dollars was allowed to be returned for cash without receipt.

He did it like two or three times a year just if he was in a pinch for cash. By 2003 some stores were ending that policy because of that scam. But it really got him mad when in the movie Garden State they showed a character doing that scam. Within a year of that movie coming out they ended that policy.

To go along with your Home Depot story, I returned a charger for my drill to Lowes today and they credited my card for 35 bucks and that's why I figured I'd go buy the game. I think I've returned 2 things my entire life and now I'm going to do 2 in 2 days. Weird.

I was really looking forward to playing with Trent, T.O. and Evans, oh well maybe tomorrow.

I used to work at Kmart in the auto dept. back in the early 90's. People used to do that all the time. I had a guy

actually ask me a question about a part, worth maybe $25. About 10 minutes later I was called up to the service desk

to approve a no receipt return (as was standard practice), well here is this same guy, with that exact part asking for

"his money" back. Didn't matter how hard I fought it, the manager still came up and OK'd it with no questions

asked. One of the funniest returns were when I worked in the paint dept and some quy would return the paint

container filled with used motor oil and chunks of Styrofoam in it to prevent it from sloshing around too much. Happend

about a half dozen times, then they finally started opening the paint up at the return desk.

I'll say this, if these people spent half the time they spend on these scams for good, not telling what they could do.

I used to work at Kmart in the auto dept. back in the early 90's. People used to do that all the time. I had a guy

actually ask me a question about a part, worth maybe $25. About 10 minutes later I was called up to the service desk

to approve a no receipt return (as was standard practice), well here is this same guy, with that exact part asking for

"his money" back. Didn't matter how hard I fought it, the manager still came up and OK'd it with no questions

asked. One of the funniest returns were when I worked in the paint dept and some quy would return the paint

container filled with used motor oil and chunks of Styrofoam in it to prevent it from sloshing around too much. Happend

about a half dozen times, then they finally started opening the paint up at the return desk.

I'll say this, if these people spent half the time they spend on these scams for good, not telling what they could do.

Yeah my buddies a few years ago when Target or Walmart (Or one of the other mega chain stores) had the whole satisfaction guaranteed on every product or your money back thing they use to buy PC games and take the CD Key install the games on their computer and enter the keys and than return the game with no CD key and each and every time it worked they did it almost a dozen times each. Hell I don't know if they even changed that policy they only stopped because they started torrenting.

Yeah these scams have been around for a while. I remember they were really in style when big superstore chains like Walmart, Target, and K-mart started to pop up everywhere (their corporate nature and really loose return policy made that possible). It was just people who wanted to get a slice of that corporate pie. The return policies weren't that hard to circumvent/take advantage of so its not like they put a lot of thought into it.

Now they get a little more strict with giving up cash (They bend by giving store credit) but if you make enough of a fuss you can probably get cash once in a while.

Got madden on friday night and got a chance to play it, and the game is awesome. i'm really impressed at EA's offering this year. I finally made the jump from next gen (went from PS2 to PS3), and i love it. The game is much more difficult and much more realistic. I like how a pocket actually forms and you can step up and throw instead of the old "run around and chuck it" method. The stretched out ratings make a big difference in the game play as well, and star power really matters. No more 15-1 regular seasons with an easy run to the S.B.

I'm going to get into franchise this week, so we'll see how that goes. I messed around with it a little bit, and i've got to learn to like scouting. (its better than the stupid "scouting drills" from old madden), but do i really need to know a guy's injury rating?

Got madden on friday night and got a chance to play it, and the game is awesome. i'm really impressed at EA's offering this year. I finally made the jump from next gen (went from PS2 to PS3), and i love it. The game is much more difficult and much more realistic. I like how a pocket actually forms and you can step up and throw instead of the old "run around and chuck it" method. The stretched out ratings make a big difference in the game play as well, and star power really matters. No more 15-1 regular seasons with an easy run to the S.B.

I'm going to get into franchise this week, so we'll see how that goes. I messed around with it a little bit, and i've got to learn to like scouting. (its better than the stupid "scouting drills" from old madden), but do i really need to know a guy's injury rating?

You picked the best year to go up to the PS3/360 version. When they went to the 360 with Madden 2006 it was terrible but it was their first shot and they were building a whole new game engine so it was forgivable. Than with Madden 2007 it was still bad but I could forgive it due to it was the first year on PS3 and just the second year on the 360.

With Madden 2008 I was disappointed because it was pretty mediocre there were some improvements but there were things that were missing (There was no gang tackling which was in NFL 2K5) that really should have been in the game. But I chalked it up to still working out the kinks of a new system and though give it another year and it should surpass 2K5/Madden 05.

Than Madden 2009 came out and I thought no more excuses this was the fourth game on the 360 and the third one on the PS3. The game was pretty average I thought the gang tackling was a nice addition but long over due. I thought they still had so many issues they didn't fix. The game just didn't feel as good as it should have. The game wasn't bad but I just felt it should have been so much better.

This year it feels like it has surpassed 2K5 in terms of simulation and presentation (With the exception of the halftime show but its forgivable). The game is really good and went out of its way to fix the issues that have plagued Madden and football games in general. I think a new team worked on this game which explains the new feel and major overhaul of the game.

Either way I am really impressed with the game and if you don't believe me about the Madden series on the 360 just pick up a copy of Madden 09 and you will see just how big a quantum leap this years game really was.

I agree this game has made a lot of big strides for Madden.... (cant wait for NHL too.... seems ramped up also).

Halftime show is good, but it would be nice if it got taken to the next level. A little more with the out of town action/league events. Highlights from other games/key injury news would be great. NHL Hockey in 1991 got out of town highlights down, but nobody has been able to reproduce that technology.

Also show some current out of town scores during the game itself.

Customizable stadium music has been added to most sports titles. Madden continues to leave it out.

I have to check out the Franchise mode "owner" options. I really like the ability to make stadium improvements, build a new stadium, or move the team (with CPU controlled teams moving once in awhile).

I'm also making the jump this year. I bought the ps3 on ebay and took the S.I. offer on Madden and waiting for them both. I'm a little worried though, since the shipping company sent me an email today saying the ps3 was shipped, and provided a tracking number for UPS. However, when I go to the UPS website and type it in, it says it doesn't recognize the number. Should be an interesting 2 weeks for me.

I agree this game has made a lot of big strides for Madden.... (cant wait for NHL too.... seems ramped up also).

Halftime show is good, but it would be nice if it got taken to the next level. A little more with the out of town action/league events. Highlights from other games/key injury news would be great. NHL Hockey in 1991 got out of town highlights down, but nobody has been able to reproduce that technology.

Also show some current out of town scores during the game itself.

Customizable stadium music has been added to most sports titles. Madden continues to leave it out.

I have to check out the Franchise mode "owner" options. I really like the ability to make stadium improvements, build a new stadium, or move the team (with CPU controlled teams moving once in awhile).

The EA NHL series is by far the best series in all of sports video games. In Madden I can point to things almost every year that they should add in. In NHL they add in things that I didn't even think of. In NHL they go for the little touches and refinements of game play that add up in the end to a great game.

This year they are going to add in the ability to have fighting for the puck along the boards. They are also adding in a 100 more goalie animations (And each goalie plays their own style no more Brodeur as a butterfly style goalie). They are also adding in the ability to have defenders swat down the puck in the air. They overall are adding in 200 plus improvements into this years game.

I like the NHL series so much you can tell the developers love the game of hockey, are passionate about their product, and listen to their fans about improvements to the game. Hockey gamers are the luckiest because even the 2K hockey series is pretty good.

I agree customizeable music would be nice almost every sports game does it.

The EA NHL game got pretty stagnant IMO from about 02 to 07. I switched over to 2K as I felt they were committed to improving and creating a great product for hockey fans.

EA 08, 09 were huge improvements and IMO smoked 2K's. With what is promised with 2010, it may be a huge step. I would like to see them improve the Owner mode/Franchise mode on NHL as well.

I got the Wii version. Pretty disappointed. It doesn't come w/ franchise mode out of the box, I guess you have to unlock it.

According to a post on Amazon ...

there are several modes that need an unlock code to access (Franchise, Superstar, and Situation). Go to EA Extras, enter THEWORKS, then they'll be available. Reortedly EA didn't hasve time to overhaul the menu system with these modes, so they will look/navigate the same as '09.

My favorite part of the new madden is the coaching boosts/declines. Certain coaches carry with them certain perks on the players. EX: Mike Singletary +5 AWR (awareness) to entire team and +3 AWR to all MLB's on the roster. Dick Jauron? -5 AWR to all players. lol. Even EA thinks Jauron stinks.

Yeah my buddies a few years ago when Target or Walmart (Or one of the other mega chain stores) had the whole satisfaction guaranteed on every product or your money back thing they use to buy PC games and take the CD Key install the games on their computer and enter the keys and than return the game with no CD key and each and every time it worked they did it almost a dozen times each. Hell I don't know if they even changed that policy they only stopped because they started torrenting.

Yeah these scams have been around for a while. I remember they were really in style when big superstore chains like Walmart, Target, and K-mart started to pop up everywhere (their corporate nature and really loose return policy made that possible). It was just people who wanted to get a slice of that corporate pie. The return policies weren't that hard to circumvent/take advantage of so its not like they put a lot of thought into it.

Now they get a little more strict with giving up cash (They bend by giving store credit) but if you make enough of a fuss you can probably get cash once in a while.

Well, Target took my other Madden back and gave me another one. I thought it was interesting that the manager took it in the back and came out and told me that "yep, it was empty". Makes me think that they can tell somehow. Anyway, can't wait to play tonight!

Well, Target took my other Madden back and gave me another one. I thought it was interesting that the manager took it in the back and came out and told me that "yep, it was empty". Makes me think that they can tell somehow. Anyway, can't wait to play tonight!

I don't know how they would be able to tell if it was empty. But I think they just didn't feel that you were trying to scam them so they approved it and the manager took the loss to their shrink. Anyway good to hear that you got the game you won't be dissappointed.

Just a few quick qualms with the game. Anyone else run into these?

1. Some computer players seemingly can run S-curves through the defense like they are weaving around orange traffic cones. I was playing the Saints yesterday and reggie bush S-curved around 7 of my defenders for a TD and none of them put a hand on him.

2. Through 3 season games, i have exactly 1 sack with the Bills. It seems that at least a half a dozen times per game, i should have a sack, but the QB somehow "gets the pass off" and it falls 2 feet away for an incomplete. Not all of them should be sacks, but the CPU seemingly knows how to "get rid of the ball" at the last microsecond prior to a sack.

However, this game seems a lot more realistic that others. Twice in the saints game they blew a coverage and TO was wide open for a quick 10 yard pass that turned into a long TD.

2. Through 3 season games, i have exactly 1 sack with the Bills. It seems that at least a half a dozen times per game, i should have a sack, but the QB somehow "gets the pass off" and it falls 2 feet away for an incomplete. Not all of them should be sacks, but the CPU seemingly knows how to "get rid of the ball" at the last microsecond prior to a sack.

However, this game seems a lot more realistic that others. Twice in the saints game they blew a coverage and TO was wide open for a quick 10 yard pass that turned into a long TD.

The no-sack really annoys me. You hit the guy and it always goes off to the side a few yards as incomplete,

never a fumble, always incomplete.

Other then that, it is probably the best Madden yet. Graphics and gameplay are awesome. Still don't like the

menu system very much, but it has improved over the last few years.

I don't know how they would be able to tell if it was empty. But I think they just didn't feel that you were trying to scam them so they approved it and the manager took the loss to their shrink. Anyway good to hear that you got the game you won't be dissappointed.

Probably a whole batch wound up empty, EA should have notified all stores of the affected serial #s?

The no-sack really annoys me. You hit the guy and it always goes off to the side a few yards as incomplete,

never a fumble, always incomplete.

Other then that, it is probably the best Madden yet. Graphics and gameplay are awesome. Still don't like the

menu system very much, but it has improved over the last few years.

Try using Buffalo Dogs (in 4-3 Over Defense), and make sure you insert Maybin into the starting lineup over Kelsay. I'm averaging about 6 sacks per game.

The ps3 should arrive by next week. Does the ps3 do those online roster updates? How do I hook that up if I've got wireless?

Its really easy. Run the EA Network set up from the PS3 home screen. It'll detect your network and then prompt you to create a login/password. Follow all the steps and it will register you. Then from the MAdden game home menu, go to online. Again, follow instructions. To get the latest rosters, just attempt to play any type of game and it will prompt you to save the latest rosters. After, I'd also recommend saving them to your PS3 as a different roster name so it defaults to that when you play.

Its really easy. Run the EA Network set up from the PS3 home screen. It'll detect your network and then prompt you to create a login/password. Follow all the steps and it will register you. Then from the MAdden game home menu, go to online. Again, follow instructions. To get the latest rosters, just attempt to play any type of game and it will prompt you to save the latest rosters. After, I'd also recommend saving them to your PS3 as a different roster name so it defaults to that when you play.

Thanks. Sounds easy enough. If you tinker with the rosters yourself, such as make this player a little better, make this player a little worse, ect... does it erase it all when you download a roster update?

Rosters are set at the time you start the franchise. If you want current rosters after you start franchise, you need to start all over again.

When you get the updates, it will save as a file named something like Roster- Online132850 or whatever. I then tinker with the rosters and re-save them as "Ramius" or something. If you download another update in a month or so, i believe it will overwrite the online roster, but NOT your own re-saved one. The problem is, if you grab new rosters in another month or so, you can use those, but as fa as i nkow, there's no way to merge roster files. Its one or the other.

For example, in my saved rosters i created a few of the Bills not in the game, like Lankster, Stupar, etc. If i get a new update in a month, it wont have my created players and there's no way to merge them with the new file. So I'd have the choice of using either the new online update (without created players), or my old tinkered rosters (with created players). Hope this helps. PM me if there' anything else you want to know.

The ps3 should arrive by next week. Does the ps3 do those online roster updates? How do I hook that up if I've got wireless?

BTW, just a quick question. Did you already buy the PS3?

Because as of yesterday, all new 80 GB PS3's were reduced to $299. And if you wait until the first week of September, you can get a PS3 slim for $299. Except the slim comes with a 120 GB hard drive and uses 2/3 less power.

BTW, just a quick question. Did you already buy the PS3?

Because as of yesterday, all new 80 GB PS3's were reduced to $299. And if you wait until the first week of September, you can get a PS3 slim for $299. Except the slim comes with a 120 GB hard drive and uses 2/3 less power.

Yeah, just bought it about a week ago. Got the 80gb and everything for $265. The slim sounds like a hell of a deal though.

Just a few quick qualms with the game. Anyone else run into these?

1. Some computer players seemingly can run S-curves through the defense like they are weaving around orange traffic cones. I was playing the Saints yesterday and reggie bush S-curved around 7 of my defenders for a TD and none of them put a hand on him.

For number one I hope they put a patch in to fix that (They do that a lot in the NHL series but not often in Madden other than to fix glitches).

As for a pass rush I have gotten the hang of getting sacks. With the Bills insert Maybin instead of Kelsay than you need to use the right stick to use for pass rush moves. Schobel and Maybin are both good at it if you jump out with Maybin and than use the right stick you get to the QB quick. With my first Bills franchise I got about 1-3 sacks a game and only 2 games I got one sack and once I had zero sacks.

If you are doing that and you aren't getting success I just don't know what it is you aren't doing wrong.

For number one I hope they put a patch in to fix that (They do that a lot in the NHL series but not often in Madden other than to fix glitches).

As for a pass rush I have gotten the hang of getting sacks. With the Bills insert Maybin instead of Kelsay than you need to use the right stick to use for pass rush moves. Schobel and Maybin are both good at it if you jump out with Maybin and than use the right stick you get to the QB quick. With my first Bills franchise I got about 1-3 sacks a game and only 2 games I got one sack and once I had zero sacks.

If you are doing that and you aren't getting success I just don't know what it is you aren't doing wrong.

What difficulty level do you play on? And how long are the quarters? I find it really tough to get pressure on the qb, but I play all-madden.

Try using Buffalo Dogs (in 4-3 Over Defense), and make sure you insert Maybin into the starting lineup over Kelsay. I'm averaging about 6 sacks per game.

That is good info, Cap.

Additionally: I really just seem to be having more problems with Edwards this year over last - what is it? Believe me, I am not against saying that it is me, but it is bugging me.

Additionally, lets keep this thread going.

One question, is franchise mode basically the same as in the last 5 years, or is it better? Any big differences? I don't even play the games, I just play franchise mode so if the same I'll pass again this year.

Its similar but there are big improvements. One players progress much better (Younger players get better with better play and more experience while older players fall off much quicker than in past games).

Two the draft is better you can find steals in the draft in later rounds (Ex you can get highly rated players in the 4-7th rounds) and players in round 1-2 are rated between 65-78 but most of the time they have a potential of B or A. Also its much more realistic with positions are available (No 5 first round QB's) simply put you get more variety in the draft.

Other improvements are the rating system (70's are average 80's are good while 90's are great) which leads to more balanced teams instead of trying to get the best players at every position. Also you get a better free agency system players don't just go for big money they have other interests which keep the user generated team from snapping up all free agents. Simply put even if you offer a player retarded amounts of money he won't sign with you saying its not the deal he is looking for.