Peters first game as an Eagle

The fact that we inserted him at left tackle immediately when he showed up, instead of keeping Walker (our current LT) there tells you how suited to play the position Walker is. Hearing how bad Peters is playing makes me feel worse. We are in for a terrible season- a LOCK for fourth place

No, it shows a desire to get the five best guys playing. And that in no way included Chambers last year. Inserting JP at LT for LW right away strengthened two positions on the OL. It was NOT an indictment of LW's ability as an LT.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in CT, and the game was on here so I watched some of it. He gave up 2 sacks. One that kept the Eagles to a field goal, and then one later.

Unrelated, but Brady looks pretty good, which always sucks.

unless ur watching, I think your post is BS... i can't find a single sack recorded on NFL.com's play by play. link if u can

Yeah, because he said "the fans are calling him a bust." not an expert opinion. Fans' general opinion. The best way to get what the fans in general is saying on the internet is *ding ding ding* a message board.

Thank you. I'm sure Reid, Banner, Lurie, etc. aren't real pleased with Peters' performance either, but I don't have confirmation on that. :thumbsup:

Please. If Walker gave up 2 sacks in the preseason game, you would be all over him. Face it. You want the Bills to be wrong about Peters and you want them to fail. It's sad really.

Yes but Walker didn't punk out on his old team with 3 years left on his contract, forced a trade and demanded to be paid the most money of any LT in history. When you act like a douche expect people to be all over you when you don't play up to your contract.

PTR

Yes but Walker didn't punk out on his old team with 3 years left on his contract, forced a trade and demanded to be paid the most money of any LT in history. When you act like a douche expect people to be all over you when you don't play up to your contract.

PTR

Its the preseason. I am not calling Peters a bust for the Eagles quite yet.

Somehting tells me pro bowl #3 is coming for him despite all the naysayers.

Time will tell, but I think the guy is still a pretty good player

Its the preseason. I am not calling Peters a bust for the Eagles quite yet.

Somehting tells me pro bowl #3 is coming for him despite all the naysayers.

Time will tell, but I think the guy is still a pretty good player

Oh I agree but allow us to gloat when Peters falls on his fat face. One game at a time, people.

PTR

Oh I agree but allow us to gloat when Peters falls on his fat face. One game at a time, people.

PTR

I will gloat a little when Peters lets through the sack that gives McNabb a Thiesmann leg and he is truly reviled by Eagles fans.

Tough to gloat over the failure of a guy who gets paid so much more than I do, though. He may gloat right back!

One sack was the fault of Peters...the other he can't get a ton of blame...the LG had his HUHA and allowed the rusher to come through, Peters didn't have a chance.

Overall he looked average.

I'm not saying you're doing it, but it is so laughable to me that people try to defend Peters. He bitched and moaned his way out of towon to a $10 million contract. A $10 million LT shouldn't have excuses made that sacks weren't totally his fault.

I'm not saying you're doing it, but it is so laughable to me that people try to defend Peters. He bitched and moaned his way out of towon to a $10 million contract. A $10 million LT shouldn't have excuses made that sacks weren't totally his fault.

I hope Peters falls flat on his face. He looked alright...his run blocking was pretty good...just thought it was funny that Tully Banta-Cain breezed by him like he was Andrew Peters. The other sack was kinda funny as the LG missed an assignment and Peters tried blocking two people...

Belichick had his defense bringing some heat at times. Later I saw Peters on the bench...from what, a small injury or fatigue I don't really know.

Actually he's only given up one sack, but whatever.

I dunno if you saw it but I did. He definetly gave up 2. They may have credited one to the guard but it was Peters'. The first time it looked like Peters thought he had help outside, gave the guy a shove and let him go. The guy then chased down McNabb. Pretty poor effort by Peters IMO, he's lucky McNabb stepped up into traffic or Banta-Cain would have buried him with a clean shot. As it was Banta-Cain had to go around another guy and it slowed him down.. The second one Peters and the guard screwed up a stunt. Peters committed too early to the far outside man who then stopped rushing and a guy looped in between them. They may have given that to the guard, but it was Peters' error.

Yeah, because he said "the fans are calling him a bust." not an expert opinion. Fans' general opinion. The best way to get what the fans in general is saying on the internet is *ding ding ding* a message board.

We can conclude though that he is playing marginal or terrible. Not exactly playing like a top ten Left Tackle. I actually think he is a very good RT that we played at LT out of need.

peters is the dave boston of tackles. sick talent but no heart and no head -- couple good years and then will fade away at a huge salary.

the peter's nut huggers bother me tho -- they are such chubby chasing oline fetishists that they actually think a fat lazy left tackle is more important than a top flight WR and 2 very good Oline (what peters costs). these pudgy kids still don't actually make the plays and need to be consistent and nasty, not gifted athletes with motivational problems.

fkc peters and GO BILLS

A message board? :thumbsup:

Actually, I saw yesterday afternoon on Comcast SportsNet (the sports news channel here in Philly), the announcers were kind of pissed that Peters has only practiced 5 or 6 times so far this season. The rest were excused absences and the injury. That was before the game where he gave up a 1st series sack.

I just watched the NE/Phi game on my Tivo up to the Eagle FG. In three offensive drives Peters only really had two bad plays. 1) On the first drive Peters was the lead run blocker. He gets brushed aside by LB Gary Guyton (who?) like he was a rag doll, blowing up the play. 2) On the third drive he gets beaten outside by Tully Banta-Cain for a sack.

It wasn't a horrible outing, but the microscope is on him. He's supposed to be "elite." There are plenty of LT's earning $1M to $3M who can give up a sack a game. So what are you paying Peters $10M for?

But it's just pre-season.

PTR

I Watched the game at 11pm . Peters is really out of shape, over 340#. After he gave up the two sacks he took himself out of the game, .... a quad injury. You could almost read the lips of the Eagle med. staff," whats wrong...? ( disgusted look)I don't know...he says his leg hurts.." as Peters sat on bench tongue hanging out the side of his mouth like a winded golden retriever.His face looks so fat I thought he was having an allergic reaction..

Russ... looks like you did the right thing.

Also very surprised starters played most of 1st half.

peters is the dave boston of tackles. sick talent but no heart and no head -- couple good years and then will fade away at a huge salary.

the peter's nut huggers bother me tho -- they are such chubby chasing oline fetishists that they actually think a fat lazy left tackle is more important than a top flight WR and 2 very good Oline (what peters costs). these pudgy kids still don't actually make the plays and need to be consistent and nasty, not gifted athletes with motivational problems.

fkc peters and GO BILLS

You again? Does it bother you that out of the 10k+ posters on this board, you are the dumbest one?

Not that I care one way or the other, but it's probably worth adding that this was an entirely meaningless preseason game, one in which "success" for starters means leaving the game without injury. Some people read way too much into this crap. I long for the old days when no one actually watched preseason except for possibly their home team's games. Me? I'll watch Verlander stoning the Sox any day over the equivalent of a Hollywood C movie (preseason football games not involving one's own favorite team, that is).

Not that I care one way or the other, but it's probably worth adding that this was an entirely meaningless preseason game, one in which "success" for starters means leaving the game without injury. Some people read way too much into this crap. I long for the old days when no one actually watched preseason except for possibly their home team's games. Me? I'll watch Verlander stoning the Sox any day over the equivalent of a Hollywood C movie (preseason football games not involving one's own favorite team, that is).

In that case, he was not successful!

It's not meaningless if the sack he gives up injuries McNabb. And as an Eagles fan, I'd probably wouldn't want to see a guy who give up 11.5 sacks, but we traded a 1st rounder & paid $10 million, to give up a sack in his first game with the team.

And the 4th quarter of a CFL preseason game>>> regular season baseball :blink:

How about hero.

The point is, don't put out opinion as being fact. If you don't like Peters, fine. For the record, someone's amateur blog doesn't count as a link either.

Someone's amateur blog in this case does count. He stated that Eagles fans were already calling him out. It is a fact. It was on a blog with Eagle's fans.

Jesus Christ, the guy said Philly fans are already calling him a bust. Where the hell do you think fans go to give their opinions?

A couple of fans on a message board happen to mention they think Peters might not be good? The source wasn't in any way representative of the fan base. I could just as easily say Owens is injury prone and someone could cite it as Bills fans think this is really the case.

Everytime a fan on this board tries to make a football point that could be controversial, immediately someone charges them with never having played or coached in the NFL and therefore unqualified. Shudder the thought if I challenged the source.

I'll say this, and it is a football point: Left Tackle's aren't normally brawler types like RT's should be. Their primary job is to pass block and keep the QB clean on passing downs. Peters wasn't great last night, but if we're not supposed to draw conclusions from one preseason game, why in the heck can someone cite an Eagles message board after the first game and say Eagles fans are saying he's not good.

It's not meaningless if the sack he gives up injuries McNabb. And as an Eagles fan, I'd probably wouldn't want to see a guy who give up 11.5 sacks, but we traded a 1st rounder & paid $10 million, to give up a sack in his first game with the team.

And the 4th quarter of a CFL preseason game>>> regular season baseball :blink:

Re baseball v. football: I loved baseball as a kid but went through a long phase (20+ years) where I far preferred football. My son is a good baseball player (he played little league football as well), so I've become a hardcore fan again. I've taken to following it again (the Yankees are on pretty much every night), and I'm much more knowledgeable about than when I was a kid. It's a great sport if you give it a chance. Of course, it helps if you live in NY and are a Yankees fan (like me). I'm liking baseball slightly better than football right now - fewer criminals (although there are some) and far, far fewer injuries. Plus the Bills are a below average team (terrible offensive line) and are probably looking at 6 wins this year. That doesn't help.

McNabb wasn't hurt, right? So it's a success.

Re baseball v. football: I loved baseball as a kid but went through a long phase (20+ years) where I far preferred football. My son is a good baseball player (he played little league football as well), so I've become a hardcore fan again. I've taken to following it again (the Yankees are on pretty much every night), and I'm much more knowledgeable about than when I was a kid. It's a great sport if you give it a chance. Of course, it helps if you live in NY and are a Yankees fan (like me). I'm liking baseball slightly better than football right now - fewer criminals (although there are some) and far, far fewer injuries. Plus the Bills are a below average team (terrible offensive line) and are probably looking at 6 wins this year. That doesn't help.

McNabb wasn't hurt, right? So it's a success.

Yeah, it's been a tough summer for me. I grew as a Mets fan as a kid (Hojo was my hero) and then started liking the Indians around the time Major League came out. So it hasn't been a good year for me even with 2 teams. Pretty much the only pleasure I get out baseball is watching Yankees game (they are entertaining) and hoping they lose. Even that isn't going well for me. :blink:

Yeah, it's been a tough summer for me. I grew as a Mets fan as a kid (Hojo was my hero) and then started liking the Indians around the time Major League came out. So it hasn't been a good year for me even with 2 teams. Pretty much the only pleasure I get out baseball is watching Yankees game (they are entertaining) and hoping they lose. Even that isn't going well for me. :blink:

The Mets -- what a tough year. It puts the lie to what I say above about injuries in baseball!! The whole Bernazard thing was awesome theater, however. How often do you get a VP challenging double A players in Binghamton to fights? It is good that the Bisons are now affiliated with the Mets. That'll be good over the long term, because they do spend money. The Mets' talent pool in their minor league system sucks at present, but it'll get better.

And I apologize to everyone for hijacking this thread!