hanson or seals

Seals did well, particularly when Bruce was out with injuries or suspensions. Hanson did well, as he got older. As rookies though, and early in their careers, I would say Seals was better...he just didn't last long. All in all, Hanson had the better career, and turned into a better all around player.

Dunno if the stats are accurate but one site says seals played from 87-92 and didn't make one tackle...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SealLe20.htm

I'm not sure "tackles" was a stat, back then.

You will notice that according to NFL.com Bruce Smith didn't record a single tackle, before 2001:

http://www.nfl.com/players/brucesmith/profile?id=SMI088160

who was better opposite b.smith?

Phil "iron-man" Hansen vs. "Dr. Sack-less"?? You have got to be kidding. It took Schoebel 6 or 7 years to pass Hansen on the Bills all-time sack list. Did Seals ever have 5 in any one of the few seasons he played opposite Bruce?

What is your next comparision question going to be; who was better opposite Andre Reed, Eric Moulds or Flip Johnson???

:lol::P

Phil "iron-man" Hansen vs. "Dr. Sack-less"?? You have got to be kidding. It took Schoebel 6 or 7 years to pass Hansen on the Bills all-time sack list. Did Seals ever have 5 in any one of the few seasons he played opposite Bruce?

Agree about Seals (who averaged a shade under 3 sacks a season with the Bills). But not sure what you were trying to get at with Schobel, since he equalled Hansen's career sack total (61.5 sacks) in 98 games (6 seasons and 2 games) and surpassed him in his 99th game, while Hansen played 156 games over 11 seasons for the Bills.

No contest - Hansen.

This is not even worthy of a debate. Hansen hands down. He was a terrific player both as a pass rusher and run stopper. Doctor Sack was a flash in the pan.

What they said!

Leon

Phil

'Nuff said. :devil:

Hanson

Seal

Meh. They both suck.

I was gonna post what do you have against seals and link a seal honking out "Mary had a little lamb" but I couldn't find a video of one doing it. :o

who was better opposite b.smith?

Hansen. His 1995 (from memory) season was 10 sacks and about 120+ tackles... (memory may not be that good!). He averaged almost 6 sacks/ season in his 10 years, not sure tackle count.

What is your next comparision question going to be; who was better opposite Andre Reed, Eric Moulds or Flip Johnson???

:devil::o

Flip Johnson DID have that cool catch on a tipped ball for a long TD vs. the Jets on MNF. The same night TT ran for 200 yds IIRC.

-edit- I was wrong. Johnson's TD was in 1988, Thomas' 200 yd game was in 1990. Both on MNF in the Meadowlands though. In 1990 Thurman managed to run for 218 yards on 18 carries (12.1 ypc) and score 0 TDs. That's kind of hard to do.

I was gonna post what do you have against seals and link a seal honking out "Mary had a little lamb" but I couldn't find a video of one doing it. :devil:

I thought you would post THIS.

Agree about Seals (who averaged a shade under 3 sacks a season with the Bills). But not sure what you were trying to get at with Schobel, since he equalled Hansen's career sack total (61.5 sacks) in 98 games (6 seasons and 2 games) and surpassed him in his 99th game, while Hansen played 156 games over 11 seasons for the Bills.

Well let me phrase it a different way for you then; It took Schobel 6 years and 2 games to go past Hansen's career sack totals. Sorry I said 6 or 7 years in my first post. I'll try to be more exact next time. :lol:

But seriously folks, I understand that Schobel is a better end then Hanson was. And I understand it took Phil more seasons to get his 61.5 sacks. But until Schobel passed him, Hansen was number two behind Bruce. And Dr. Sackless was nothing more then a blip on the Bills DE radar screen for a few seasons.

Hanson, not even close.

:lol: Outstanding avatar - I went to many Braves games as a teenager. With the Aud being torn down now, it seems like a hundred years ago that my family used to go from the Bills game on Sunday afternoon, right down to the Aud for the Sabs game that night. And then the Braves game sometime later in the week. Great times.