Bills and Sabres ranked for need of a uniform makeover

Just read the article too and I agree on both. Stop trying to come up with something new. Just go back to the old already and be done with it. Everybody loves the throwback stuff and buys them like crazy. I don't know anyone that likes the new better than the old. It's just as frustrating as following the teams. The Bills are worse though, I would change them yesterday!

For the Bills, I'm kind of split. I don't hate the new uniforms, but they don't compare to the 90's uniforms. For the Sabres, I like how the new jerseys have the patches on the shoulders or the numbers on the front. But I agree, the logo sucks.

I would love to see the bills go to the 60's unis full time and use the SB era unis as a throwback. I love the sb era look but i remember welcoming the change when it happened. In article used the word "stale" and i think before they changed that was a good description of those SB unis at the time. Little did i know they would change to the worst unis in the league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

I agree with the Bills but the Sabres Slug has dominated NHL jersey sales the past 3 years.

I agree with everything said. As for the Sabres, I don't think the yellow "slug" is as prestigious as the old blue buffalo with the two swords. The Bills home jerseys have grown on me, but the road uniforms.. yuck... they make me loathe road games even more. Wouldn't the Bills profit if they created a new uniform because the fans will buy them? I could see the Bills transitioning to the throwbacks full time seeing as how they have now created a road throwback too.

Nothing will ever say "The Buffalo Bills" more to me than this look:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia...s/jim-kelly.jpg

Jim Kelly, looking disappointed, in the Super Bowl era jersey.

When the Bills went from the charging blue buffalo on the white helmet to the charging blue on the red helmet I think the Bills reached the height of great uniforms. Supposedly they did that because at the time four of the teams in the AFCE (Bills, Pats*, Colts, and Fish) had white helmets (Jets were green already) and they wanted to make it easier for the QB to see his receivers down the field. And we had all those great SB years with that great uniform.

But I don't think you can go back permanently to an old design. We should probably keep the current unis until we start to win and then maybe unveil something totally new.

I actually like the home jerseys and don't really get the arena football league besides the royal blue piping. The aways however are terrible and the navy shoulders need to be replaced with just white.

I like the sabres jersey now after getting used to it. I think the numbers on front and patches are a great look compared to most hockey jerseys, especially non nhl jerseys.

Unfortunately, they are right in saying that the 3rd jersey/throwback jerseys for both teams are a better option although I prefer the new sabres navy version of the two swords logo over the old royal and gold.

Just make sure we vote the Bills to the top. Hey, it probably won't mean anything, but you never know who may see it. Russ, marketer extraordinaire, might pay more attention to stuff like this rather than finding an established DE.

Come on TBD, VOTE THE BILLS FOR THE WORST UNI'S

Anything will help get us to the throwbacks permanently, right? :o

But I don't think you can go back permanently to an old design. We should probably keep the current unis until we start to win and then maybe unveil something totally new.

:o

Umm, the Jets did it. And this year, the 49ers unveiled new unis that are a slight tweak of the Montana-era ones.

4. Buffalo Bills

BILLS OVERHAUL INDEX

S 8

U 10

C 8

K 9

Congratulations, Bills fans -- your team wins the award for "NFL team that looks like it belongs in the Arena League." It's gotten so bad that the current uni set has replaced Scott Norwood as the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise. The awful blue-on-blue home look, the pointless royal blue yoke outline, the ridiculous red side piping (even worse on the road jersey than at home) -- it's all too much. Worst of all, everyone loves the Bills' throwback uniforms, so why not just go back to those? S.U.C.K.itude: 35 out of 40.

Can someone with Ralph's personal E-mail PLEASE forward this??

Thank you!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

I agree with the Bills but the Sabres Slug has dominated NHL jersey sales the past 3 years.

The problem I have with the Bills uniforms is the dullness of the color.

Nothing says "blahhh" more than the faded navy blue look the Bills wear from top to bottom for home games. It has all the "pop" of a washed-out ink stain on a white shirt. At least with high def it jumps out a little more, but on your basic analog broadcast, they look god awful.

The throwbacks make them look like they came to play good old fashion smashmouth football when they step out on the field. The current unis give the impression they came to play superhero's with their neighborhood playmates, but their moms left the capes in the dryer.

Side note: I see the AAA Bisons have ditched their "smiling wolfman sliding into base" logo. That was the one where the bison (I presume)logo looked like a teenage werewolf. I wonder what nitwit originally ok'd that look. I can't figure out how the manimal's got both hooves and fingers! What kind of genetic mutant was representing the Bisons?!

http://buffalo.bisons.milb.com/about/page....sp&sid=t422

The Sabres uniform is fine. It's the logo that sucks. The Bills need to go back to some sort of combination of 1964 and 1980. I prefer the white helmet but am torn between the standing red buffalo and the blue charging buffalo.

The Sabres uniform is fine. It's the logo that sucks. The Bills need to go back to some sort of combination of 1964 and 1980. I prefer the white helmet but am torn between the standing red buffalo and the blue charging buffalo.

Your Helmet is dead on. Charging Buffalo on white is slick. I am all for that uniform-or the late 80's-early 90's look. Simple is better. My favorite NFL uni is the Giants. Simple color scheme, and looks good for football

Bills Unis - They should definitely go back to the throwbacks full time. I would like White Jerseys with Blue pants for the away games though (as opposed to all white)

Sabres Unis - I know everyone likes the blue and gold, however I thought the Black and White Uni's of the late 90's were way better unis. I even thought the Red third jersey's were better than the blue and golds (both current and throwback). The current uni's are absolutely horrible. Plus, the logo of the late 90's was a fierce Buffalo head, why they changed it for a USFL style Buffalo is beyond me.

4. Buffalo Bills

BILLS OVERHAUL INDEX

S 8

U 10

C 8

K 9

Congratulations, Bills fans -- your team wins the award for "NFL team that looks like it belongs in the Arena League." It's gotten so bad that the current uni set has replaced Scott Norwood as the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise. The awful blue-on-blue home look, the pointless royal blue yoke outline, the ridiculous red side piping (even worse on the road jersey than at home) -- it's all too much. Worst of all, everyone loves the Bills' throwback uniforms, so why not just go back to those? S.U.C.K.itude: 35 out of 40.

Can someone with Ralph's personal E-mail PLEASE forward this??

Thank you!

You think Ralph knows how to use a computer?

I think, like everybody, I prefer every uniform the Bills have ever had to this one, but I think making the top 10 is a little harsh. Call me crazy, but I think the white jerseys with the blue pants are kinda sweet. On the contrary, the Sabres' uniforms are an utter embarrassment. I was home over Christmas and I went to a couple Sabres' games and seeing grown men walking around in those things- they look ridiculous. We like to think we are a traditional hockey city- and we are- but we have worse uniforms than say, the Nashville Predators, the Florida Panthers and certainly, the Phoenix Coyotes. We have the second worst uniforms in the entire league next to the Atlanta Thrashers' home uniforms, which are, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the worst uniforms in the history of professional sports.

There is no doubt that both the Bills and Sabres unis are horredous and fully deserve to be on that list. The Bills unis I can understand to an extent, mistakes are made when coming up with new color schemes. The Sabres slug fiasco in my opinion is inexcusable. I'd be very interested to know what happened with those involved in the logo decision making process for the slug. How the hell anyone could sit in a room and look at all the new logo designs and say to themselves, Sabres fans are going to love this one!! Unbelieveable. They sold well simply because sheeple like new shiny things. It would have sold well if there was a pile of Buffalo crap slapped on the front. The Sabres current thirds are instantly one of the best unis in the league.

There is no doubt that both the Bills and Sabres unis are horredous and fully deserve to be on that list. The Bills unis I can understand to an extent, mistakes are made when coming up with new color schemes. The Sabres slug fiasco in my opinion is inexcusable. I'd be very interested to know what happened with those involved in the logo decision making process for the slug. How the hell anyone could sit in a room and look at all the new logo designs and say to themselves, Sabres fans are going to love this one!! Unbelieveable. They sold well simply because sheeple like new shiny things. It would have sold well if there was a pile of Buffalo crap slapped on the front. The Sabres current thirds are instantly one of the best unis in the league.

Jeeezuz! Don't give 'em any ideas! :o

I totally agree on both. In my opinion the current uni's are the worst in the history of both the Bills and the Sabres. I love the throwbacks for the Bills and like the Kelly era uniforms too. The Sabres are a joke with their uniforms, I personally loved the Black ones before this disaster, thought they were the best jerseys in the NFL.

I totally agree on both. In my opinion the current uni's are the worst in the history of both the Bills and the Sabres. I love the throwbacks for the Bills and like the Kelly era uniforms too. The Sabres are a joke with their uniforms, I personally loved the Black ones before this disaster, thought they were the best jerseys in the NFL.

Yeah Billsfreak, the Sabres goathead jerseys were better than the Montreal Canadiens'

Bills Unis - They should definitely go back to the throwbacks full time. I would like White Jerseys with Blue pants for the away games though (as opposed to all white)

Sabres Unis - I know everyone likes the blue and gold, however I thought the Black and White Uni's of the late 90's were way better unis. I even thought the Red third jersey's were better than the blue and golds (both current and throwback). The current uni's are absolutely horrible. Plus, the logo of the late 90's was a fierce Buffalo head, why they changed it for a USFL style Buffalo is beyond me.

:devil: I am with you on both.

Hockey on Grass, the new revolutionary sport....

One thing I will NEVER understand, with respect to the designing of the current Bills' threads, is why the stripe/piping down the sides of the jersey does not match or line up with the stripe/piping down the sides of the pants. It is truly as if they put a group of designers in one room labeled "TOP" and another group in a room labeled "BOTTOM" -- and the two were never allowed to communicate.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah Billsfreak, the Sabres goathead jerseys were better than the Montreal Canadiens'

In my opinion (and that is what this board is for believe it or not), it was. Never a big fan of their sweaters, just because their history is so amazing, doesn't make them the best unis. Actually, the Rangers and Bruins are better than Montreal in my opinion.

the uniforms from the 90s were looking pretty dated come the late 90s - the blue seemed faded or something. However the new uniforms were a complete disaster. A product of trying to cram 5 or 6 different colors into the primary uniform to make them all official colors or something. A disaster of micromanagement is my assumption. Plus the copying of already dated uniform trends (the titans shoulder blocks on the away jerseys).

Anyways they clearly need to come up with either new uniforms that are really just modifications of the throwbacks, or just go with the throwbacks with red helmets.