Bills exploring building a new stadium

(WGR 550) -- It's just a blurb, but this is Buffalo. With the future of the Bills often on the minds of their fans, a Fort Worth Star-Telegram report is worth mentioning.

The firm that built the Dallas Cowboys' new palace listed the Buffalo Bills as one of six professional sports teams at least discussing something stadium-related. HKS Inc. say they've been working with the Vikings for nine months, that the Bills, Falcons, Chargers and 49ers are "thinking about doing something" -- really, can that get any more vague? -- and that the Dodgers are talking renovation.

The report also follows the sentence about the Bills by saying, "Those are the potential new stadiums."

http://www.wgr550.com/Report--Bills-thinki...w-digs-/4541751

This is the source

What’s next for HKS’ sports group?

We’ve been working with the [Minnesota] Vikings for about nine months, and they are still trying to get their funding. The [san Francisco] 49ers and the Buffalo Bills are thinking about doing something and also the [san Diego] Chargers and maybe the Atlanta Falcons. Those are the potential new stadiums in the NFL. We’re also working with the [Los Angeles] Dodgers right now on renovating Dodger Stadium.

http://www.star-telegram.com/stadium/story/1414586.html

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WGR..

I believe them like I believe a kid in a candy store with sticky fingers saying he didn't eat the candy.

Ralph isn't going to invest in any new deals unless it PAYS him Millions

Here, this isnt WGR

What’s next for HKS’ sports group?

We’ve been working with the [Minnesota] Vikings for about nine months, and they are still trying to get their funding. The [san Francisco] 49ers and the Buffalo Bills are thinking about doing something and also the [san Diego] Chargers and maybe the Atlanta Falcons. Those are the potential new stadiums in the NFL. We’re also working with the [Los Angeles] Dodgers right now on renovating Dodger Stadium.

http://www.star-telegram.com/stadium/story/1414586.html

I love it how WGR is like a day late on anything. Word of advise to future listeners/posters. If you hear something on WGR you should automatically assume it was already posted the day before. Where do you think they heard the information from? Mike Schoppe most likely trolls these message boards.

WGR..

I believe them like I believe a kid in a candy store with sticky fingers saying he didn't eat the candy.

Why should Ralph invest in something that is not going to give him a good return? Would you invest in something that would not make you a good return on your investment? I sure hope not genius. Do you think Jerry Jones built his palacial stadium to lose money? HELL NO!!! But any word about a potential new stadium for the Bills in the Buffalo area is great news even if it may be a pipe dream.

Why should Ralph invest in something that is not going to give him a good return? Would you invest in something that would not make you a good return on your investment? I sure hope not genius. Do you think Jerry Jones built his palacial stadium to lose money? HELL NO!!! But any word about a potential new stadium for the Bills in the Buffalo area is great news even if it may be a pipe dream.

Who says Ralph is paying for it. Could a taxpayer thing

As I have stated before now is the best time to completely renovate or rebuild our stadium. We can utilize toronto to the fullest as we could build a fan base in Canada still get paid for the games being played in Toronto to offset the expeses and Totornto gets to prove to the leaugue wheter they could with stand a full home schedule in the NFL. I am all for it. :thumbsup:

WGR..

Gee, that's SO unlike every other owner. :thumbsup:

Eh, its a nice little blurb. But that's all it really is, a one-line scribble about potential suitors. Would a new stadium be great? Sure. It'll cost probly something to the tune of $1 Billion US nowadays. I don't know how/where Ralph is gonna find that kind of investment capital in this area. Even with taxpayer subsidies, we'd be paying that thing back well over a generation.

Right now, there is a laundry list of programs and policy implementations that need precedence over a new billion dollar stadium that will be used 7 times a year. Perhaps something could be done to consolidate the stadium and coordinate with SUNY for UB's downtown campus? When the medical school is permanently moved downtown, NYS is investing like $75 million into the new facilities. If UB and the Bills would be interested in sharing a field, perhaps SUNY and Ralph's investors could help foot the bill. SUNY is a ridiculously over-budgeted institution. Which actually is a good thing, ya know, learning stuff.

But even so, this is all just speculation. They should of built the Ralph downtown years ago, UB downtown, never shut down Main Street to traffic, blah blah blah.

:thumbsup:

WGR..

Ralph isn't going to have to invest much. NYS taxpayers are gonna foot the vast majority of the bill and I say it's ok with me. If I have to foot the bill for a new stadium for the Wankees then other NYS residents should foot the bill for the only NYS NFL team.

Here's the play - spec out a new stadium and make your case...get rebuffed by the region/city and now feel better about moving 2-4 games a year to Toronto..... This is a play and that is it.

This is like inventing an elaborate story about being abducted by aliens just to break up with a girl. They don't need no stinkin' excuse. Here are the keys to the dump....Sayonara, chumps.

And by the way. If it's just 2-4 games in T.O. you can thank the lord. We'll be lucky to keep 2-4 in Buffalo.

PTR

Ralph isn't going to have to invest much. NYS taxpayers are gonna foot the vast majority of the bill and I say it's ok with me. If I have to foot the bill for a new stadium for the Wankees then other NYS residents should foot the bill for the only NYS NFL team.

Once more

Unless Ralph can gain from it with as little out of pocket $$ as possible he'll let the next owner deal with it.