Ask Tim Graham, version 2.0

Lori

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim: You would know my brother, Brian Biggane, PB Post. He's back on the DOLFAGS beat. Things be looking scary in the news biz, I'm afraid. Too bad, 'cuz I'm a newspaper junky. Thanks for what you do for all of us (mostly annonymous) Bills Fans....Barry

Barry? Barry Biggane?

Never heard of you.

kidding, of course, BB. I just love that line.

I have friends who are fans of the Dolphins, Steelers, Falcons, and Jets. These guys know football just as well or better than many here. Every team has passionate fans who know the game well.

As far as Dolphin fans I live in FL and not many have a clue what is going on in games or off season. What I am saying is in general most every Bills fan knows everything there is about the game and the team. I know all teams have passionate fans. That isn't really what I am talking about.

Hey Tim, since you were honest enough to say that we are probably going to be the bottom of our division, do you really think Trent Edwards is the guy for the Bills QB. In his 2 NFL seasons he started the Bills finished with loss after loss until it doesn't matter anymore after a great start to push the playoffs. Second question is why do you think this has happened. I personally don't want to believe it was his head injury since he came out in the San Diego game and played almost his best performance. Is it the cold, pressure, team injuries?

Cleveland L 8-0 obviously it was a crazy snowy game.

New York L 38-21 pass since they took this win to the super bowl

Philly L 17-9 Not the best Eagles season either.

Losses to division and 49ers at end of season. Then a pointless win in Denver which is why I said until it doesn't matter.

Hey Tim, since you were honest enough to say that we are probably going to be the bottom of our division, do you really think Trent Edwards is the guy for the Bills QB. In his 2 NFL seasons he started the Bills finished with loss after loss until it doesn't matter anymore after a great start to push the playoffs. Second question is why do you think this has happened. I personally don't want to believe it was his head injury since he came out in the San Diego game and played almost his best performance. Is it the cold, pressure, team injuries?

Losses to division and 49ers at end of season. Then a pointless win in Denver which is why I said until it doesn't matter.

Why are the games Trent won pointless? If you are going to play that pick-and-choose game of course Trent will look like a bust. But do you really want that? You really want the Bills to have to start at square one at QB again? If you're a JP lover, you can forget about Losman ever playing for the Bills again.

PTR

Hi Tim,

You have talked about the Bills using the K-Gun offense. Can you explain it in detail? It seems many people approve of this move, but how will it be implimented and what can we look for when used?

The win in Denver wasn't pointless to the Broncos or Chargers.

As far as Dolphin fans I live in FL and not many have a clue what is going on in games or off season. What I am saying is in general most every Bills fan knows everything there is about the game and the team. I know all teams have passionate fans. That isn't really what I am talking about.

ok - sorry, missed your point.

Didn't Edwards miss the 49er game? Why was Denver a pointless win? Would you think it was pointless if the Bills lost?

Why are the games Trent won pointless? If you are going to play that pick-and-choose game of course Trent will look like a bust. But do you really want that? You really want the Bills to have to start at square one at QB again? If you're a JP lover, you can forget about Losman ever playing for the Bills again.

PTR

No way! Never a JP lover. I do not want to start over. I bought the jersey, I want TE to be the guy. I was just asking his opinion and looking at the second half losses. Pick and choose is not it. I am asking if he thinks there is anything to the second half collapses we keep seeing from TE.

Didn't Edwards miss the 49er game? Why was Denver a pointless win? Would you think it was pointless if the Bills lost?

Sorry about the 49ers game.. Very true. Pointless because they were out of the playoffs already. Win to Denver doesn't help the playoffs. The whole point for the Bills is making the playoffs... I really hope everyone knows that.

The win in Denver wasn't pointless to the Broncos or Chargers.

I was saying the the Chargers win means he was fine after the injury in the Cardinals game. So I don't personally believe the Bills losses to finish the season was because of his concusion.

Also trying to beat off people again, "not many have a clue" is also rash for Miami fans, again I am talking about the average fan of a team knowing as much as the average fan for the bills. Tim has been to more areas to see the fans from all over. Thank you for all the help but the questions are for Tim Graham. Really would rather know about your TE thoughts.

Don't bother, DieHard. You've already been labeled a "Trent hater," and your file has been locked away. Case closed. The Wall has passed judgment. Now we can conveniently ignore anything you have to say about the quarterback position.

I am just making a very good case to get a straight forward answer. LOL such undying defensive Bills fans against any and all criticism. Love the passion and the ignorance.

I am just making a very good case to get a straight forward answer. LOL such undying defensive Bills fans against any and all criticism. Love the passion and the ignorance.

There is criticism and there is beating the proverbial dead horse. Welcome to the doldrums of the off-season.

PTR

There is criticism and there is beating the proverbial dead horse. Welcome to the doldrums of the off-season.

PTR

Well guess what, I have read all of your comments already and I would like someone with real insight to take a stab at it.

Last year I would say that the first half of the season was obviously weaker then the second and that we have a weak coaching staff, also lost Reed who was playing well in the first half. But I am not on this board for my thoughts. End of season losses happened for 2 years with playoffs on the line and just wanted to hear his take on it.

My initial question was to get an honest, unbiased answer since he would actually go on a Bills board and tell us we will be the bottom of the AFC east. Love the honesty, hate to hear the truth but want to know.

Throw the stones now.

Tim: You would know my brother, Brian Biggane, PB Post. He's back on the DOLFAGS beat. Things be looking scary in the news biz, I'm afraid. Too bad, 'cuz I'm a newspaper junky. Thanks for what you do for all of us (mostly annonymous) Bills Fans....Barry

Wait. Brian's your brother? Are you a Bona guy too? And yeah, that deal (nuking the Panthers beat and bouncing him to the Fins) stunk, although he's handled it like a pro.

Wait. Brian's your brother? Are you a Bona guy too? And yeah, that deal (nuking the Panthers beat and bouncing him to the Fins) stunk, although he's handled it like a pro.

Lori: Yea, Brian's my brother. He's the Bona guy, I was U.B., many moons ago. Been in Tampa for 20+years. Love your great posts, btw.....

Tim,

Whats your thoughts on rookie interior lineman (Levitre and Wood) success level? There were certainly some decent rookie OT's that have started and done well-Ryan Clady, Jake Long, Joe Thomas, you dont see much with OG and C's though. Because the Bills success hinges to some degree on the above mentioned players i'd be curious on your thoughts.

Tim, I take it since there are no more Pisa updates that it means he is working out a contract with Buffalo and you don't want to reveal any info before he signs? Am I close?

Ok, just answer this question, will I get to hear an announcer try to say Tinoisamoa and Posluszny combine to make the tackle?

The reason I haven't been answering the questions is because I've been away from the board for a few days. I'm at ESPN headquarters for skull sessions.

But I don't have any inside knowledge on how Tonoisamoa's visit went or if the Bills plan to sign him. Sorry I can't provide an update at the moment.

I know Brian very well. He's one of my all-time favorite people and the reason I got the job at the Palm Beach Post. Now I see him all the time at the Dolphins complex.

Hey Tim, thanks for the comments from Walker on playing LT. I have a question though, on embracing the LT job Walker does not sound like he wants to play LT. Did he sound like a confident guy or someone being forced into something they really don't want to do?

I think he's trying to manage the attention he's going to get by trying to come off as indifferent about it.

What kind of bozo drinks Tanqueray and Tonic with his wings?? You must not be from Buffalo!

Actually I was born in South Buffalo douche bag then lived in West Seneca. It was a joke.

I drink breast milk from a Cambodian immigrant with my wings, like everyone else.

Hi Tim,

You have talked about the Bills using the K-Gun offense. Can you explain it in detail? It seems many people approve of this move, but how will it be implimented and what can we look for when used?

Here's the piece I wrote about how it works:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-7-176...-for-Bills.html

We don't yet know the specifics of how the Bills will conduct it, and I don't think they'll be eager to share that info.

Hi Tim,

Are you going to be attending OTA's or do they have you locked in the basement of the ESPN HQ for a while? Chris Brown always does a nice job of covering the OTA's but it's always good fun to read someone else his perspective as well. Gives you as the reader a better sense of what's going on. *translation: I want more Hamdan news... :thumbdown:*

Cheers

The reason I haven't been answering the questions is because I've been away from the board for a few days. I'm at ESPN headquarters for skull sessions.

But I don't have any inside knowledge on how Tonoisamoa's visit went or if the Bills plan to sign him. Sorry I can't provide an update at the moment.

Poor Tim, stuck in a bored (spelling intentional) room all week. :sick:

Actually I was born in South Buffalo douche bag then lived in West Seneca. It was a joke.

I drink breast milk from a Cambodian immigrant with my wings, like everyone else.

Pfft, Cambodian?! :thumbdown:

Hi Tim,

Are you going to be attending OTA's or do they have you locked in the basement of the ESPN HQ for a while? Chris Brown always does a nice job of covering the OTA's but it's always good fun to read someone else his perspective as well. Gives you as the reader a better sense of what's going on. *translation: I want more Hamdan news... :thumbdown:*

Cheers

Look, Tim could cover the Hamdan issue everyday all day and we would all still be hanging on with baited breath for the next article to keep the Hamdan junkies happy. It just isn't feasible for the poor guy to even try.

Hi Tim,

Are you going to be attending OTA's or do they have you locked in the basement of the ESPN HQ for a while? Chris Brown always does a nice job of covering the OTA's but it's always good fun to read someone else his perspective as well. Gives you as the reader a better sense of what's going on. *translation: I want more Hamdan news... :thumbsup:*

Cheers

I'm hoping to see the Chroise as the #2 QB starting the season. If he gets in the game... look out!

He sure did look great the first third of last year. This came up at our blog summit at ESPN headquarters, that everybody thought he was a Pro Bowler. AFC South guy Paul Kuharsky was laughing that he thought he was looking at the next Manning or Brady with the Jaguars victory.

Then the wheels fell off.

I think his confidence was shattered by the game in Miami, where he stretched the ball for a first down like he was trying to break the plane of the end zone. It was a boneheaded play, and Joey Porter merely swiped the ball from him. That was the first of a long string of mental mistakes from a guy who had been pretty sharp up until then. Interceptions, fumbles, sacks because he was indecisive.

The offense was tailored for short, quick passes. It'll be interesting to see if a few months away brings his swagger back. And he needs to stay healthy. A decent year in which he missed two or three games makes it very hard to trust him with your franchise moving forward.