Jack Kemp RIP

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to foxnews.com,

AP says Jack Kemp has died from cancer.

Are you serious? Hated his politics, but he took to Western New York like few others have. I'll save condolences until I do a little digging.

According to foxnews.com,

AP says Jack Kemp has died from cancer.

ohhhh nooo....--feel a bit the same as when Tim Russert died. Well another part of Buffalo just died.

RIP Jack....thanks for alll you did.

Are you serious? Hated his politics, but he took to Western New York like few others have. I'll save condolences until I do a little digging.

Same here. Despised his politics/economics, but not the man. RIP.

Just saw the flash on Channel 2 here in BuffTown. Jack Kemp defined the Bills of the '60s.

Freakin' bummer. Great quarterback, great Congressman, great Secretary of HUD, great human being. Militantly opposed racism of any kind, in pro football and anywhere. Shoulda been President.

Bills fans everywhere will shed a tear tonite - thoughts & prayers to the Kemp family.

Requiescat in pace, Jack French Kemp. Qui fuerunt, sed nunc ad astra. :thumbsup:

Time to retire #15.

i disliked him as Congressman since he did not seem to do much for his district compared to others but thought he did a great job in Cabinet and outside congress although I disagreed with some of his politics. (I respected the man not his position which is possible in civilized areas.) How could you not respect a man Quayle disliked?

Rest in peace Jack.

Very sad news. :thumbsup:

I'm sure stories will come out again about his generosity.

I remember in years past reading various articles that mentioned how he has quietly helped out many former Bills players who had hard times after their playing careers were over.

He took seriously his role as a leader on the field, and that leadership even took on a greater meaning when his playing days were over. Class act.

RIP