Jack Kemp RIP

RIP, Jack. The first Bills QB I remember, when he was on the decline........He had a good sense of humor about how he got elected. He said that he promised that if he lost, he'd keep playing QB for the Bills.

Wasn't he kind of teaming up with Russert a few years ago, kind of like brainstorming about how to keep the Bills in Buffalo. How sad in Bills Nation to lose both of them within 12 months.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Jack Kemp :thumbsup:

Only QB to led us to a League Championship

did the retire his number???

If not they should do so

I don't think it was retired because Todd Collins wore it wen he was here.

Rest in Peace, Jack.

That's two in the Bills family this week.

A big loss for the Bills and Buffalo.

I selected him over Kelly as the Bills' quarterback on their 50 Year team, by virtue of the two championships. I feel sorry for Bills fans who never had the chance to experience winning the ultimate game of the season.

Losing him and Saban so close to each other really hurts for us old-time Bills fans.

He also gave one of the best speeches I'd ever heard, at my high school graduation.

SDS, can we get a picture of him and Lou Saban up on the TBD banner?

A friend told me this announcement might be coming soon. Can't tell you how much I wish that warning had been wrong, and damn, it's tough to type when I can't read the screen.

To put it simply, John French Kemp was the greatest man I've ever known, and it was an honor and a privilege to work for his 1988 Presidential campaign. And by work, I mean the lowest-level volunteer stuff -- manning phone banks, stuffing envelopes, even holding up an "M" placard when we spelled out his name in the back of the auditorium where his primary opponent, Vice-President Bush, was speaking. Didn't care. It was worth it, because this young, idealistic Campus Republican believed, even before I ever met him. After he dropped out of the race, I still wrote him in on my ballot that November, and did the same in '92 even though he didn't run. And I still believe this country would have been far different if he had been elected.

My thoughts are with Joanne and the kids tonight, and with the entire Bills family. What a horrible, horrible week.

God bless you, No. 15. Rest well.