Whitner arrested in Cleveland

Beerball

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be some excuse....he was there negotiating the parameters of the Parrish to the Browns deal and things got out of hand.. That has to be it.

Anyone at a House of Blues at 3 AM deserves to be arrested...dang.

Lynch just got another game off. :wallbash:

Ha ha, Lynch had better be careful with the appeal process, he may end up getting the boot for the whole season. Kinda like the difference between showing up to work late when the boss had a fight with his wife the night before and showing up late when he got laid the night before. :thumbdown:

Whitner will get 2 game suspension. Trade Whitner, Youboty, Peters and Juaron for coach Cowart

He was a great linebacker but I don't know how well Sam Cowart would do as a coach, especially after his injury. :thumbdown:

So, does this mean it's time to update your signature? You know, something like "I'm Donte Whitner with the Buffalo Bills and I am worth MILLION$!!!!!"

We'll have to see what brilliance Whitner came up with; no quotes available yet.

BGIM--I would expect that our favorite Cleveland lawyer will check in at some point. BuckeyeMike can answer questions about the severity of the charges.

COME ON!

Seriously, our team is full of idiots.

Agreed. These guys really need to stop having so much fun and getting in trouble....perhaps they should just sit behind a keyboard 24/7 posting mindless drivel like the rest of us. :thumbdown:

Was Whittner charged with a count of being black too? Strange how we never hear about white players getting busted for being "disorderly." Sounds to me like another cop wanting to put an NFL player of color in his place. Just saying.

PTR

Agreed. These guys really need to stop having so much fun and getting in trouble....perhaps they should just sit behind a keyboard 24/7 posting mindless drivel like the rest of us. :thumbdown:

Are you kidding me? There is a huge difference between having fun and getting arrested outside of the House of Blues in 3am for resisting police officers.

I've been to a bunch of places in Buffalo where I've seen Bills and Sabres players having fun at 2 or 3 in the morning in the bars and clubs. Sweet, no problems there.

But picking fights with police officers? Is that whats considered "fun"? At some point, regardless of whether you play professional sports for a living or not, common sense has GOT to kick in.

Its not a question of fun, its a question of stupidity.

Keep in mind in 2006, Whitner was arrested taken to jail for abusing his girlfriend. His girlfriend had no apparent injuries and the charges were dropped. He getting arrested again on what could be called anger management issues not a good thing.

Was Whittner charged with a count of being black too? Strange how we never hear about white players getting busted for being "disorderly." Sounds to me like another cop wanting to put an NFL player of color in his place. Just saying.

PTR

Seriously, we are seeing a lot more athletes being charged with "disorderly conduct"...are athletes really being that more disorderly?

Anyway, don't see much coming out of this...Isn't it the same thing they popped Ko for? Also Dhani Jones got arrested for it a few years ago (I remember it because his "disorderly conduct was dancing on the street after a cop told him to stop).

PTR

You took that from the 5 or so sentence link? haha, ok :wallbash:

He was probably acting like a retard in the street, likely with other retards. They were probably told to leave, because sh-- it's 3am...and he probably pulled a Ko Simpson and got all high and mighty..."You can't stop me, i'm a Buffalo Bill! We're gonna make the playoffs!"

:thumbdown:

PTR

hopefully race has nothing to do with it although Ohio is semi- racist to me....Cinny comes to mind but maybe not so much in Cleveland

Donte got his drank on and had a Charles Barkley stupid episode

Are you kidding me? There is a huge difference between having fun and getting arrested outside of the House of Blues in 3am for resisting police officers.

I've been to a bunch of places in Buffalo where I've seen Bills and Sabres players having fun at 2 or 3 in the morning in the bars and clubs. Sweet, no problems there.

But picking fights with police officers? Is that whats considered "fun"? At some point, regardless of whether you play professional sports for a living or not, common sense has GOT to kick in.

Its not a question of fun, its a question of stupidity.

I guess only the French would have got the humor...

WTF???? A few months back, some (self included) were complaining that this team had no 'edge', that we were soft, a bunch of mealy-mouthed milquetoasts - now, all of a sudden we've become poster boys for bad behavior!!!!

I smell a Superbowl...

19 and 0 baby!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :thumbdown:

I'll note almost all these guys get arrested outside of Western New York - the exception is Lynch's hit and run, for which the charges were virtually dropped anyway...maybe this should be our new appeal to free agents: the cops in Buffalo would rather get an autograph than take you to jail!

Whitner will get 2 game suspension. Trade Whitner, Youboty, Peters and Juaron for coach Cowart

Sam Cowart is coaching now? - cool, I still have one of his jerseys from his days in Buffalo. Maybe Cowart can be the next Mike Singletary and drop his pants to fire up the team at halftime.

Sam Cowart is coaching now? - cool, I still have one of his jerseys from his days in Buffalo. Maybe Cowart can be the next Mike Singletary and drop his pants to fire up the team at halftime.

I think he meant to say Cowherd. :thumbdown:

:thumbdown: This is getting out of hand. WTF is going on?

What is going on? Why is everyone so quick to crucify Whitner? Just maybe there was an overzealous cop in Cleveland, just maybe he had a bone to pick with a pro athlete and decided he could take it out on a young black man named Whitner. Have you already forgotten about Moats in Houston? What did he do? NOTHING!

What is going on? Why is everyone so quick to crucify Whitner? Just maybe there was an overzealous cop in Cleveland, just maybe he had a bone to pick with a pro athlete and decided he could take it out on a young black man named Whitner. Have you already forgotten about Moats in Houston? What did he do? NOTHING!

I am not crucifying Whitner. I am sick of Buffalo players ending up in the media for all the wrong reasons these days. Did I say he was guilty?

and yah I guess all black men now get a pass because of the Moats thing. :thumbdown: