Levi vs Sarah

The media dragged the Obama kids onto the stage at the DNC?

I guess those 2 girls are fair game now as well?

To a certain degree it is inevitable...

Bristol Palin has taken a public spokesperson role and sold baby pictures to

People for $300,000..... I would say she's fair game in the sense that courting

media attention and also claiming you are a victim of is a little like any

innocent victim on Chippewa who is drunk at 3 AM ......whatcha expecting?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To a certain degree it is inevitable...

Bristol Palin has taken a public spokesperson role and sold baby pictures to

People for $300,000..... I would say she's fair game in the sense that courting

media attention and also claiming you are a victim of is a little like any

innocent victim on Chippewa who is drunk at 3 AM ......whatcha expecting?

Bristol's looking for media attention seems to me to be more of a "the horse is out of the barn, no sense in locking the door now" thing. She had been slammed from every direction as soon as the pregnancy became public knowledge. So, if she's going to get/ is getting slammed, I can see where she'd try to jujitsu it into something positive.

I would agree that she is squarely in the public and has taken steps to keep herself there. I was merely pointing out that simply having been on stage with her mother is not what, nor should have been what, opened her up to the late night jokes. If being on stage is all it takes to make the kids fair game, then every politician's kids are fair game as every one of them brings them out at the big events.

Bristol's looking for media attention seems to me to be more of a "the horse is out of the barn, no sense in locking the door now" thing. She had been slammed from every direction as soon as the pregnancy became public knowledge. So, if she's going to get/ is getting slammed, I can see where she'd try to jujitsu it into something positive.

I would agree that she is squarely in the public and has taken steps to keep herself there. I was merely pointing out that simply having been on stage with her mother is not what, nor should have been what, opened her up to the late night jokes. If being on stage is all it takes to make the kids fair game, then every politician's kids are fair game as every one of them brings them out at the big events.

I agree with most of that. Fairly or unfairly, this all started the first two days after Palin was named as VP candidate and shoved into national attention. She had to tell the McCain camp that she had a pregnant teenage daughter in high school because it was obviously going to come out soon. So they decided to be upfront with it, which was the right thing to do.

Simultaneously, Palin and McCain decided to use her family as part of her appeal. That she was a working "hockey mom", with a big family, and a child with down's syndrome. That was fine on the surface, too. But it instantly became a family values thing. They were using her family as part of her political attractiveness and she and the campaign brought it up all day every day. She said "hockey mom" every chance she got. The media instantly jumped on the hypocrisy of the right on the whole always promoting family values and Palin in particular AND having a teenage pregnant daughter you are bringing out on stage. Plus, a couple websites got nasty about it. Too nasty.

To bring up the daughter in a decent way in this case was fair game immediately because Palin was bringing her family into her campaign immediately. It wasnt just an introduction it was a major theme of her campaign by her. The media went too far with it though. But then, of course, Bristol started going too far with it, too, going on TV to promote abstinence.

As far as the jokes go, it just wasn't funny. Letterman has made dozens of jokes about Bristol before. Other comedians everywhere have made jokes about her teen pregnancy. Thousands and thousands of them. There is no question he was talking about Bristol even though she wasnt at the game. He and his writers just screwed up.

Personally, I think "trailer trash" is an unnecessary and unfair term to apply to the Palin family, who, after all, are awfully redneck white, uneducated, funny talking, high school dropouts from the sticks with a lot of kids with bad haircuts and funny names wearing slutty clothing with teen pregnancy issues and speak with general ignorance while living in the crystal meth capital of the world.

:beer:

They ... don't, as far as I know, drink malt liquor on lawn chairs.

Hey! ;)

What are you trying to say about lawn chairs...... ;)

Hey Simon... From the looks of your personal profile pic, there is a lot of people that could use a good ole lawn chair.

;)

As a long-time connoiseur of lawn chairs I can say with unwavering authority that a properly constructed lawn chair is ergonomically designed to perfectly fit the body of a well lubricated adult in summertime repose.

All those kids in that pic can sit on the damned beertruck and like it. ;)

As a long-time connoiseur of lawn chairs I can say with unwavering authority that a properly constructed lawn chair is ergonomically designed to perfectly fit the body of a well lubricated adult in summertime repose.

All those kids in that pic can sit on the damned beertruck and like it. ;)

;):beer:

Thanks for enlightening me... Why waste a perfectly fine lawn chair on the younger population! They (lawn chairs) should go where they are needed most.

;):beer:

Thanks for enlightening me... Why waste a perfectly fine lawn chair on the younger population! They (lawn chairs) should go where they are needed most.

Exactly!

The only places those fresh young wheels should need to be sitting is at the supper table and when the boat is moving. ;)

It's ironic that Bristol Palin's abstinence tour is sponsored by Candie's, the teen clothing line that also has Britney Spears as a spokesperson to promote a line of sexy provocative clothes for teens.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/05/b...u_n_196838.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/07/opinion/07collins.html

Yeah these are quite the abstinence clothes.

http://www.candies.com/

It's ironic that Bristol Palin's abstinence tour is sponsored by Candie's, the teen clothing line that also has Britney Spears as a spokesperson to promote a line of sexy provocative clothes for teens.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/05/b...u_n_196838.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/07/opinion/07collins.html

sexy provocative clothes?

and you call yourself a liberal

:nana:

Are you a man ??

Put skimpy / slutty clothes on a woman and how do you react?

You stand at attention ... thats' how.

It doesn't mean I have to jump her bones. If she's underage, I'd get arrested.

Oh, and my wife would kill me...and the courts would rule it as justifiable homicide. :nana: