Bills new Do or Die attitude,

Finally these Bills are sacking up and making some moves. It's playoffs or Bust for Dick and he knows it. The players will perform better for him as they can all sense the need for W's for the old coach. A big TO injection was what the Doctor ordered for the ofense. Shef will be a Bill soon hopefully as well.

The FO and Jauron have been working the free agent wire hard this year, with a good draft in store. You have to give them credit for trying! Even if it does'nt pay off. Urgency to at least make the post season for sure.

Finally these Bills are sacking up and making some moves. It's playoffs or Bust for Dick and he knows it. The players will perform better for him as they can all sense the need for W's for the old coach. A big TO injection was what the Doctor ordered for the ofense. Shef will be a Bill soon hopefully as well.

The FO and Jauron have been working the free agent wire hard this year, with a good draft in store. You have to give them credit for trying! Even if it does'nt pay off. Urgency to at least make the post season for sure.

Might be a little premature to make this declaration. Still have a long way to go in free agency and the draft. I suppose the Bills could still make enough moves to warrant some attention. To this point I don't see a commitment from the front office to win. There are several obvious areas of need that have not been addressed at all. Even if they are, the coaching still looks like the ball and chain to me. The best moves for this team with Jauron as coach IMO would be to stockpile as much young talent as possible for the next coach to work with. I don't think T.O. or whoever else the Bills acquire by September can save Jauron from a mutiny by the fans and ultimately the front office. Jauron is a great guy who is a victim of the "Peter Principle".

IMO, unless the Bills make the playoffs this coming season, the TO move was a bad one. Getting Schefler would be nice, but we don't really know that is going to happen.

Other than the splashy TO move, I am not overly impressed with what the team has done this off season. I would be giving them more pats on the back if I was hearing, say, that the Buffalo Bills were trying to get players like Houshmanzadeh, Boldin and Peppers. But, I guess we will have to settle for Terrell Owens and a couple of backups from other teams. Not sure why I should be so excited, just yet. If the Bills get a great first round pick, no matter what position they draft, and that player has an impact, I will start to feel a little better. But, the Owens deal alone doesn't make them a serious contender to win the division, or even qualify for a wild card spot. They need a lot more...

IMO, unless the Bills make the playoffs this coming season, the TO move was a bad one. Getting Schefler would be nice, but we don't really know that is going to happen.

Other than the splashy TO move, I am not overly impressed with what the team has done this off season. I would be giving them more pats on the back if I was hearing, say, that the Buffalo Bills were trying to get players like Houshmanzadeh, Boldin and Peppers. But, I guess we will have to settle for Terrell Owens and a couple of backups from other teams. Not sure why I should be so excited, just yet. If the Bills get a great first round pick, no matter what position they draft, and that player has an impact, I will start to feel a little better. But, the Owens deal alone doesn't make them a serious contender to win the division, or even qualify for a wild card spot. They need a lot more...

I am happy that they cut Dockery. His production just wasn't there, but the OG position is a huge concern. Butler is good, but he seems to get injured a lot, and there is nobody else. Chambers is not a guard.

We need at least 2 OGs, and it is very hard for me to imagine Dick Levy taking one before the 5th round.

you are delusional

they made one desparation signing - which will be totally negated by their actions regarding the OL

they have a backup to play C- so no upgrade there

they have no one to play LG - huge hole there they created voluntarily with no replacement plan in place. This HUGE mistake alone cancels out anything positive you think they have done in FA so far.

they are still low-balling Peters - so continued distractions there

no improvement to a weak, undersized and underproductive front 7

and the same buffoons running the draft who have successfully butchered most of their picks in the last decade.

I guess you are correct - the Bills are pulling out all of the stops :devil:

This is sad, really.

They've made one big move, and then filled a couple of gaps with Hangartner, Fitzpatrick, and Florence.

Granted, it was a hell of a big move, but they seem to hvae backed waaay off now.

It's easy for them to back off now Mike - all of the guys they have brought in linebacker wise haven't signed yet because we're the only game in town for them. Heck, Crowell came back in and many thought he'd never do that! And as far as the linemen, I haven't heard Shaffer or Goff or Simmons or anyone else that is out there that can play guard with a veteran's touch even visiting other teams. In phase 3 of FA they all know they're only getting a one year deal and the closer to the draft it is, the cheaper it will be. Heck, after the draft it'll be a fire sale on veteran FAs!

"Do or Die Attitude?" They have signed one player that would even start on another NFL team, you're not over exagerating are you? Daniel Snyder is a case of Do or Die Attitude. The moves we have made, may be more like a case of "Watch us Die Attitude!"

Unfortunately Bill, I agree. I could live with waiting on the offensive line for the def line but the reality is we will pick

a safety, a lighter framed faster lb whose strength is pass coverage, a fb who will never play and a Schouman/Fine style HBack like TE.

This team needs to address the interior OLine and the front 7 with an emphais on toughness. No more team captains and

high SAT scores. Get some guys who excel at football.

Russ Brandon, is that you again? This site is for the fans.

Ok first of all Hangartner was a backup. But was so on a very very good OLine. He was not resigned because the Panthers have a lot of money spent of Oline. Everyone in Carolina was sad to see him go. As far as the other LG goes, pretty much all the guys that were there two weeks ago are still there in FA. Simmons, Goff, etc.. have you seen any real signs in the last week? Teams are waiting out these guys. The price drops everyday just a little bit more. The Bills will pick up another vet LG and probably a LB. Then address other areas thru the draft. DE and more Oline help. I think the Bills are trying.

the Bills = the same old crap.

nothing has changed and we will be lucky to win 7 games in 2009 at this point.

Offseason isn't over yet, but I don't expect the Bills to make any more significant moves, and we have major holes left to fill

I'm with you %100 on this one.

The T.O signing was huge. Cutting Dockery was bold. They have brought in lots of FA's, now of course all the negative nancy's will say "we havn't signed them yet". They are doing their due diligence, and I'm confident that we will get some more players.

I'm happy with their off season so far

I'm with you %100 on this one.

The T.O signing was huge. Cutting Dockery was bold. They have brought in lots of FA's, now of course all the negative nancy's will say "we havn't signed them yet". They are doing their due diligence, and I'm confident that we will get some more players.

I'm happy with their off season so far

Watch out for "due diligence", the SF Giants have been saying that for years and following up with dumpster diving old hacks. Hopefully the signing of T.O. will make other players at least think about the Bills as a possible destination.