Anybody else checking in just to hope they signed

Are you kidding me? My fingers are about down to stubs right now from all of the toggling back

and forth, just looking for a little sliver of hope, thos 2nd and 3rd tier FA's are looking pretty good

right now, just like the ugly chick at that end of the bar at closing time.

I mean geeeez, I do have a job you know.

Wearing the batteries out on my mouse clicking between here and ESPN. Funny how buffalobills.com isn't my first choice for news. :wallbash: Though I do check Chris Brown's blog a time or two a day.

"I've wined and dined with kings and queens, and I've slept in alleys eatin' pork and beans."

Dusty Rhodes quotes, hmmmmm I wonder if we should adopt Vince McMahon's "No chance...........no chance in hell" theme song when it comes to these free agents lol. OK I'm not THAT negative, just wanted another wrestling reference lol.

What the hell is going on with the front office that we are signing absolutlely nobody? A whole freakin' week and half the free agents out there have come in for a visit and not one damn one of them has signed. This crap is getting old. Great job by the front office to keep the fans interested. Before long the second tier free agents, guys who can play and contribute and come at a good price, will be gone. Some one please wake Ralph the hell up. Or kick Russ in the pants.

I keep refreshing this board, BillsZone and the BuffaloBills.com messageboard. I also have KFFL on another browser.... Come on Buffalo! Sign Cato June tonight! PLEASE! :wallbash:

have a few beers before you have a heart attack, Mikey...lol

What the hell is going on with the front office that we are signing absolutlely nobody? A whole freakin' week and half the free agents out there have come in for a visit and not one damn one of them has signed. This crap is getting old. Great job by the front office to keep the fans interested. Before long the second tier free agents, guys who can play and contribute and come at a good price, will be gone. Some one please wake Ralph the hell up. Or kick Russ in the pants.

According to some Bills analylists, they are waiting for the bargains. They said usually at the beginning of the FA period, a lot of big name guys are going to be signed for big money. Then teams are going to slow down and wait for bargains. I think the Bills skip the first part and goes right into the bargain period just to get a jump on other teams. Come on, they are very creative! You got to give them credit.

Wearing the batteries out on my mouse clicking between here and ESPN. Funny how buffalobills.com isn't my first choice for news. :lol: Though I do check Chris Brown's blog a time or two a day.

It's great to hear from you again, anyway. :wallbash:

To the OP's question: Guilty, Sir.. :blush::lol:

Dusty Rhodes quotes, hmmmmm I wonder if we should adopt Vince McMahon's "No chance...........no chance in hell" theme song when it comes to these free agents lol. OK I'm not THAT negative, just wanted another wrestling reference lol.

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb" (Bill Bellicheat)

Lone Star is Bellicheats nickname for Ralph Wilson...

If you want the Bills to sign some guy named Jason Babin, gimme a hell yeah. :wallbash:

According to some Bills analylists, they are waiting for the bargains. They said usually at the beginning of the FA period, a lot of big name guys are going to be signed for big money. Then teams are going to slow down and wait for bargains. I think the Bills skip the first part and goes right into the bargain period just to get a jump on other teams. Come on, they are very creative! You got to give them credit.

The big names have pretty much all been signed and the bargains are just about gone. By the time someone gives Ralph a pen to write a check with all that will be left is players no one else wants. Way to go FO, looking like the first overall pick in the 2010 draft right now.

The big names have pretty much all been signed and the bargains are just about gone. By the time someone gives Ralph a pen to write a check with all that will be left is players no one else wants. Way to go FO, looking like the first overall pick in the 2010 draft right now.

your negativity is leading you to desperation. I understand why, but the fact of the matter is that this offseason has been very weak for acquiring FA's. This is a different year then most, the economy is a major factor that many people on this board are not considering. The best aquisitions will be the 2nd and 3rd tier FA's, and those teams that practice patience will get the best bargains. The FO this offseason to me seems as if they are taking the right approach, they are hosting many players and taking their time in evaluating the players that they believe is a fit for this team, unlike the approach of the last few off seasons, where we overpayed for players and made quick rash decisions for the sake of making a splash in FA.

I will bet you 5 to 1 odds that we don't get the first overall pick, care to wager?

Not quite.

1.) This is when the bargains come. I don't know if you follow MLB, but their free agency period was the first in this year's economy. Some guys were signed within the first few weeks, but the majority of mid level guys weren't because owner's weren't willing to overpay for players with the economic difficulties. After a lull period, the free agents were forced to bring their prices down and very good players were signed for cheap. I believe this is what will happen in the NFL. In another few days or so, you'll see some free agents being forced to significantly drop their price tags, and that's where the cheap owners like Ralph come swooping in :lol:

2.) There are still some good players left all over that can help teams, such as Mike Goff, Kendall Simmons, Cato June, Dewayne Robertson, Jason Taylor, Leigh Bodden, Dre Bly, Marvin Harrison, Freddy Keiaho, Bertrand Berry, Angelo Crowell, Mike Peterson, Terrell Owens, Pete Kendall... one could go on all day. These aren't all stars by any means, but they are good players who can definitely contribute, especially for a team like us who needs a few spot starters.

I'd say it sure helps the cause. There is a difference between signing players to fill voids and signing players to clearly make this a better team.

Of course signing free agents "helps the cause," but you clearly said, "build a winner through free agency."

Those are not the same things.

How many FA are going to come to OBD and leave without signing on the dot. It's rather annoying to see some pretty good FA come here and nothing happens. Except they think the city is green and the bills like them. If the bills liked them so much, WHY AREN'T THEY SIGNING ANYONE. This team has way to many holes that need to be filled, and sorry fellas the draft isn't going to fill the empty holes.

Really getting tired of checking in TBD and ESPN and getting nothing from this team. :lol:

Players I would like to see here that are still out there......

- Kendall Simmons or Mike Goff

- Amani Toomer

- Cato June

I think we can get our pass rusher, tight end, and another center/guard in the draft..........

But usually the bills sign at the end of the day on a friday....or at least it seems like that in the past.....I wonder what the hold up is

We have wined and dined a MULTITUDE OF mid level free agents.....

COME ON OBD

I'm beginning to think the Bills bring in players is just an informal way for the players to make a real visit, know what I mean? It's like a dress rehearsal. It goes something like this "Ok now Mr Taylor I'm going to ask you how you feel about our organization and your going to say " Well the coaches are great, great owner and everything has been swell!" Then he moves on to the next part " OK Fred now this isn't a real contract like your going to see on your actual visits as you can tell by the amount, cough, cough, but just pretend it is and look it over real quick so you and your agent will know how it's worded." The last words on his visit to Buffalo are " Now Fred you see that back door?" Fred "Yes sir", well I want you to walk through it and get on that plane to New England and knock em dead!"