Ask Tim Graham

Lori

It may have been the "right" thing on some level, but in terms of the overall performance of the team and wins and losses in the near term, it will hurt significantly. Also, there are two sides to every story, I would really like to hear more about what happened here from both sides.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure there was a V8 version. Then again my uncle drank a lot.

Ahh, I checked and we're both right. 1991 version was a 3.0 V6 with a 5 speed with 220 horsepower. There was a second gen car from '92 to '95. And auto version of that car had a 3.2 V6. Starting in 1996, the SHO had was a 3.4 liter V8, again built by Yamaha, with 235 horsepower and an auto slushbox. Production ended in 1999. V6 version was faster :rolleyes:

Maybe Peters read the same memo that Mike Mularkey did and decided, "I gotta get out of here!"

I can think of a few posters who should read that memo and come to the same conclusion.

Let's see if that holds up. Here are Jason's stats since 2005:

(courtesy fo fantasy stats advantage)

YEAR: GMS STRT PENS SCKS

2005 16 10 3 1.5

2006 16 16 6 2.0

2007 15 15 6 6.0

2008 13 13 8 11.5

Forgetting this is Jason Peters for a second, if you asked Bills fans if they would pay $12.5M for a player whose performance declined three straight years, most would say no. There is no statistical basis showing Peters is an elite LT. It's just the opinion of talking heads and message board posters.

PTR

Where are you getting these sack stats? Is this from billyjoetoadlickersopinion.com?  Is Fantasy Stats Advantage the original source? If so, who are they? What do they know? How do they compile them? I don't see anything whatsoever on their site which makes these stats seem the slightest bit legitimate.

The 11.5 is bogus, and the 6.0 is really bogus. I saw the stats on a blog if I remember correctly, but is it anyone who has any knowledge whatsoever of who Peters was supposed to be blocking on which play? Do they count sacks that happen after 5 seconds? Do you know?

Tim, if there is no salary cap in 2010, then there would be no salary cap penalties. Wouldn't this allow teams to dump all of their bad contracts without the threat of "dead money against the cap"? The more I read about this uncapped year, the more I think it's actually a benefit to the owners, and a bad thing for the non-superstar players.

Where are you getting these sack stats? Is this from billyjoetoadlickersopinion.com?  Is Fantasy Stats Advantage the original source? If so, who are they? What do they know? How do they compile them? I don't see anything whatsoever on their site which makes these stats seem the slightest bit legitimate.

The 11.5 is bogus, and the 6.0 is really bogus. I saw the stats on a blog if I remember correctly, but is it anyone who has any knowledge whatsoever of who Peters was supposed to be blocking on which play? Do they count sacks that happen after 5 seconds? Do you know?

I don't know about the credibility of that site, but on Sirius NFL radio last night they were talking with Vic Carucci and he stated Peters had 11.5 sacks given up -- and was ranked 32nd amoungst NFL tackles overall last season.

Don't know where he gets his numbers from either, just thought I would add his comments. I think Vic is credible.

I don't know about the credibility of that site, but on Sirius NFL radio last night they were talking with Vic Carucci and he stated Peters had 11.5 sacks given up -- and was ranked 32nd amoungst NFL tackles overall last season.

Don't know where he gets his numbers from either, just thought I would add his comments. I think Vic is credible.

I think the world of Vic but he has pretty much always backed the team on controversial issues. Heck, it is one of the things I like about him, he is one of the few commentators with a national rep. who pays attention to us.

Tim, if there is no salary cap in 2010, then there would be no salary cap penalties. Wouldn't this allow teams to dump all of their bad contracts without the threat of "dead money against the cap"? The more I read about this uncapped year, the more I think it's actually a benefit to the owners, and a bad thing for the non-superstar players.

Very true, which is why you will see a strike or lock out. I don't see a season being played if there is not a new deal in place.

Tim,

Henderson...any truth to the rumor?

Thanks.

Tim got to this question a few days ago:

QUOTE (lets_go_bills @ Apr 18 2009, 02:07 PM) *

Tim,

There's a rumor on a website called profootballcentral.com that says the Bills are trying to trade for DT John Henderson. Naturally, this has many Bills fans excited and giddy over the thought of reuniting Stroud with his old linemate.

Here's the link to the TSW thread: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=87178

Can you comment on this? I know John Clayton said the Bills weren't done dealing, so maybe this is something being seriously explored by the Bills and Jags.

Tim: I haven't heard about the Henderson rumor, but that doesn't mean there isn't anything to it. If I hear anything more, I'll let you know.

Tim,

Any resolution on the Peters "conditional" pick? Is it officially just a 6th rounder, or does it depend on Pro Bowls or something else equally subjective? I'd like to know so I can figure out how much to root against Philly this year in a new wave of 2009 bitterness.

Thanks,

LM

Tim,

Any resolution on the Peters "conditional" pick? Is it officially just a 6th rounder, or does it depend on Pro Bowls or something else equally subjective? I'd like to know so I can figure out how much to root against Philly this year in a new wave of 2009 bitterness.

Thanks,

LM

I don't know what the official paperwork filed with the league says, but I've been told that it's an unconditional sixth rounder.