Bills interested in Waters

jreed82

Bills | Interested in acquiring Waters

Sun, 01 Mar 2009 12:04:25 -0800

Pat Moran, of Scout.com, reports the Buffalo Bills are interested in trading for Kansas City Chiefs OG Brian Waters, according to source.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills | Interested in acquiring Waters

Sun, 01 Mar 2009 12:04:25 -0800

Pat Moran, of Scout.com, reports the Buffalo Bills are interested in trading for Kansas City Chiefs OG Brian Waters, according to source.

he was a pro bowler last year i would be good with this

Waters is a short, thickly-built nine-year veteran who has good natural strength and above-average athleticism. He has been one of the most consistent players on the Chiefs' offensive line over the past six seasons. He is a good combination of power and athletic ability. He has good initial quickness to engage defenders and gain leverage. He can get on the edge when pulling and is effective to searchlight defenders on the second level. He is a good knee-bender who works with good balance and short-area agility. He has good hand use and initial pop to jolt his opponent. He is an instinctive player who reacts well to stunts and twists and is rarely out of position. Waters works with a good natural power base and works his feet well to finish blocks.

Waters is a short, thickly-built nine-year veteran who has good natural strength and above-average athleticism. He has been one of the most consistent players on the Chiefs' offensive line over the past six seasons. He is a good combination of power and athletic ability. He has good initial quickness to engage defenders and gain leverage. He can get on the edge when pulling and is effective to searchlight defenders on the second level. He is a good knee-bender who works with good balance and short-area agility. He has good hand use and initial pop to jolt his opponent. He is an instinctive player who reacts well to stunts and twists and is rarely out of position. Waters works with a good natural power base and works his feet well to finish blocks.

Scouts INC grades him at 75 btw.

A move like this tells me the Bills think they are a playoff team next year. You don't bring a guy like this in if you are just trying to appease fans. Most fans won't get excited about this possible move but this would be a huge upgrade over Dockery. Hope we get it done! Tell him to bring his buddy Tony with him.....

Come on Buffalo!! Make this happen! Anyone know what's his contract looking like?

Cheap by today's standards. He would cost about 10.5 million for three years (3.6 this year, 2.9 next, and 3.9 in 2011). Unless there was an extra bonus in there not listed. But this is usually pretty accurate info.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=1371

Having lost a 2nd rounder for Cassel, i think KC might be willing to trade him. However, we would need to give him a new deal.

All in all, i could see this happening since he is so discontent in KC

If Waters is that good of a player why would Pioli trade him and trade him to us of all teams? I don't think that we should do anything with the Chiefs, I'm still miserable about Bledsoe.

On a side note. Waters is upset because Pioli wouldn't meet with him on a one-to-one meeeting. DT Shaun Rogers in Cleveland is complaining about the same thing with Mangini. What, is this a Patriot thing?

nice

Hell yeah.

LT- Peters

LG- Waters

C- Hangartner

RG- Simmons (Butler for depth?)

RT- Walker

Very intriguing

If we get waters, I think Simmons is then out of the question. Butler showed promise last year, plus we are paying him millions, I don't think we would invest so much in Hangartner, simmons, Peters, Walker, Butler and then a very expensive contract in Waters.

The 2 guys I wish they would show some interest is Mike Goff from San Diego and Mark Tauscher from Green Bay.

Mike Goff - While the Chargers would probably prefer to keep Goff, the franchise has been effective in drafting and developing linemen and might look for Goff’s replacement at a better price. Goff has been a leader who simply goes about his business and players like running back Ladainian Tomlinson have benefited from his level of play. Goff has played for a quality line for some time and he’s a big part of the equation when it comes to success.

Mark Tauscher - Tauscher is a seventh round pick that became a success story. In his first season in the NFL, he was forced into a starting role because of an injury to another player. Tauscher isn’t an elite player, but he is solid in his role as a starter and hadn’t missed a game since 2002 until this season. Tauscher could be at the top of many team’s lists because he could come cheaper than some of the other free agent lineman, but could be nearly or equally effective.