WGR reporting that the Bills have extended an offer to...

Phlegm Alley

Guys, this is being reported by WGR take it with a grain of salt.

I like the drama you built up with the thread title!

:thumbsup:

I hate the .... threads. :doh:

Ugh. I wish they would trade him, his inflated ego, his crappy work ethic, holdout mentality, and move on. It would be one thing if he was a bona fide pro bowl player, but based on last year's play, he isn't.

He's a pro-bowler. A bona fide pro bowler, IMO.

Ugh. I wish they would trade him, his inflated ego, his crappy work ethic, holdout mentality, and move on. It would be one thing if he was a bona fide pro bowl player, but based on last year's play, he isn't.

Yeah, nevermind the idea that you need a quality left tackle, just trade this guy because I have opinions about him that are unjustified seeing as how I don't know him from Adam.

Senator. What say you?

GO BILLS!!!

Depends on what Peters says & does, but I hope he takes it and becomes the best LT ever to play the game. I also hope he develops a greater sense of 'team', and doesn't piss & moan if someone down the road signs a contract for more $$$ than his.

Or the fact that personnel guys from all around the league consider him to be one of the top tackles in the game, or at least that's what John Clayton indicated that many personnel guys told him.

This guy gave up more sacks than any left tackle in the nfl this year.

But, but the personnel guys said he's one of the best.

And Pro Bowler David Diehl did that 2 years ago

And Jonathan Ogden gave up the most by a LT twice in his career

Oh, and by the way, sacks given up is not an official statistic, it's an estimate that isn't even recorded by NFL statisticians or the Elias Sports' Bureau.

But hey, you probably know more about it than the guys that get paid to evaluate players.

Here's a blurb from BuffaloRumblings.com

Bills begin dealing with OT Peters, too

Buffalo is also attempting to get a new deal done with one of its own, as the team has reportedly made a significant contract offer to left tackle Jason Peters, according to WGR 550. The exact parameters of this offer are not yet known, but the offer was made around the time of the close of the 2008 season. It is not known if significant progress has been made since that point.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/

WGR has learned that the Buffalo Bills offered Jason Peters a new contract at the end of the 2008 season, as they promised before the season began, and that the contract remains on the table.

This isn't new, we just found out about it. I guess it makes sense that Peters wouldn't sign anything until he saw what the market was doing, but I don't think a signing is imminent.

Finally. We can stop all of the "Trade Peters" talks and have our guy HERE and HAPPY for years to come hopefully. Now we can focus on and have more threads about trading Lynch :doh:

Let's hope so, but he was "Here and Happy" a couple years ago the last time he signed a contract. You just have to wonder how long he will be happy this time. Maybe if he doesn't perform at the level of his contract, the Bills can keep him out of camp until he takes a salary reduction.

And Pro Bowler David Diehl did that 2 years ago

And Jonathan Ogden gave up the most by a LT twice in his career

Oh, and by the way, sacks given up is not an official statistic, it's an estimate that isn't even recorded by NFL statisticians or the Elias Sports' Bureau.

But hey, you probably know more about it than the guys that get paid to evaluate players.

So your allowed to give up the most sacks in the nfl and be a pro bowler if other guys did it too? You don't realize that you are proving my point. Don't tell me Peters is good because of his pro bowl appearances.

And if it's not an official statistic does that not make it true?

Bottom line Peters had one good season at LT. I would like to see one more before he is resigned.

Which means absolute dick.

It means he's a Buffalo Bill and the best at his position becuase of it. ignore the rest of the starting 30 LT's in the league, as long as he is wearing a charging animal on his helmet, he will always be the best whether his name is Peters, Thomas or Ferragamo. Once they are cut, traded, etc... they suck. but with the home town uni on they are the most awesomest.

So your allowed to give up the most sacks in the nfl and be a pro bowler if other guys did it too? You don't realize that you are proving my point. Don't tell me Peters is good because of his pro bowl appearances.

Bottom line Peters had one good season at LT. I would like to see one more before he is resigned.

Half a season. he started at Rt

Depends on what Peters says & does, but I hope he takes it and becomes the best LT ever to play the game. I also hope he develops a greater sense of 'team', and doesn't piss & moan if someone down the road signs a contract for more $$$ than his.

You mean act like a professional? What a concept in today's league. I share your concern that down the road when the Bills eventually DO sign an OLman to a higher number he WILL piss and moan. Maybe a bit more maturity will solve that.

GO BILLS!!!

Don't let reality blind you to the fact that Peters is a 2-time pro Bowler. After all it's not how well you play, it's how many trips to Hawaii you get voted for.

PTR

What makes him a bona fide pro bowler? His one deserving appearance?

Umm, his ability to throw a backup ball when lane conditions are oily? His consitency in converting spares? Uncanny ability to strike on the Brooklyn side?

With all due credit and apologies to Hogboy.

GO BILLS!!!

I would have thought that my point was apparent, but I guess I need to make it a little clearer for you, and so I shall:

Other players that are widely considered among the best offensive linemen in the league (see Ogden, Jonathan and Diehl, David) give up sacks. Sometimes, they give up more than other players. Yet somehow, the players and coaches around the league vote them as the best in the league at their position. So I'm supposed to believe that their PROFESSIONAL opinion means squat because you throw out an unofficial statistic? And yes, the fact that it's unofficial does indeed call into question its validity, otherwise it would be an "official" statistic.

The comparison is supposed to show you that the "sacks given up" statistic doesn't exactly mean a whole lot on a stand-alone basis. Jonathan Ogden is a future Hall of Fame candidate, yet he "gave up" the most sacks in the league twice in his career, guess he must be terrible, right? All over this board, posters routinely pine over the Giants' offensive line, but you want me to say that their left tackle is lousy because he "gave up" the most sacks one year?

Sorry man, but what I saw was a guy that took about 6 to 7 weeks to get back in the swing of things because he missed all off-season. Once he did, he played up to the standard that most rational people would expect from a left tackle.