I think Marshawn is done as a Buffalo Bill......

SKOOBY

Professionals that get high, get broke. Ask Vick when he gets to go into halfway house, things took a big turn on the highest paid player in the league at one point.

you have no idea how many professional athletes smoke pot.

believe me, there are plenty who have done drugs their entire careers and made it out unscathed.

i cant believe im actually replying to this thread. im going back to work

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In court that flies, in the real world of putting yourself in bad situations and causing problems it doesn't. Lessons have not been learned yet, that's pretty obvious. At what point does the free pass to do what you want end?? If he gets in accident high on weed or runs into someone again will it then be a problem?? It's pretty plain to see that the kid is not playing it cool and accepts little to no responsibility for his actions. When he leaves for the spring, he plays ghetto games which do not translate well for future success for our team.

Cut bait and get players who want to do something better with their time then get high like the users on here.

When I see evidence, ANY evidence, that he "hit and ran" or smoked pot, I'll change my viewpoint. And I acknowledged that he should get punished for the gun, because there WAS proof of that, but once again, almost everyone knows that the gun wasn't there to commit a crime, but for protection from the real thugs. Like the ones who shot at his house (funny how Lynch was the victim there, but ended-up getting blamed for it :worthy: ). And in the real world, cops lie.

you have no idea how many professional athletes smoke pot.

believe me, there are plenty who have done drugs their entire careers and made it out unscathed.

i cant believe im actually replying to this thread. im going back to work

So that justifies breaking the law?? Losing the service of your #1 running back because of poor personal choices is a very selfish act. Many more players play it straight and have no issues than don't. It's the one's breaking the rules that get the press, bad press. The Bills get enough bad press on most Mondays after the Sunday game, so this type of behavior is unacceptable. The pot will assure ML missed games, if the gun didn't lock it in already. If he is convicted, he might get some jail. That's just stupidity at it's core, grow up.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

When I see evidence, ANY evidence, that he "hit and ran" or smoked pot, I'll change my viewpoint. And I acknowledged that he should get punished for the gun, because there WAS proof of that, but once again, almost everyone knows that the gun wasn't there to commit a crime, but for protection from the real thugs. Like the ones who shot at his house (funny how Lynch was the victim there, but ended-up getting blamed for it :worthy: ). And in the real world, cops lie.

I agree about cops lying but by putting the gun / drugs together, you are making a formula for trouble. Do many of you pot smokers here carry guns in the car while you are getting high or is that just a abnormal situation?

So that justifies breaking the law?? Losing the service of your #1 running back because of poor personal choices is a very selfish act. Many more players play it straight and have no issues than don't. It's the one's breaking the rules that get the press, bad press. The Bills get enough bad press on most Mondays after the Sunday game, so this type of behavior is unacceptable. The pot will assure ML missed games, if the gun didn't lock it in already. If he is convicted, he might get some jail.

Right. Because we all know how loyal teams are to their players... :worthy:

That's just stupidity at it's core, grow up

Really? Coming from You? :D

So that justifies breaking the law?? Losing the service of your #1 running back because of poor personal choices is a very selfish act. Many more players play it straight and have no issues than don't. It's the one's breaking the rules that get the press, bad press. The Bills get enough bad press on most Mondays after the Sunday game, so this type of behavior is unacceptable. The pot will assure ML missed games, if the gun didn't lock it in already. If he is convicted, he might get some jail. That's just stupidity at it's core, grow up.

where did i say it justifies breaking the law?!?! take a step back and realize what a complete fool you are being jumping to ridiculous conclusions and putting arguments where they arent. dont put words into my mouth (keyboard).

i simply posted in response to you saying that "players who get high, get broke"

you cant even stick to your own premises because you really have no clue what they even are.

Losing the service of your #1 running back because of poor personal choices is a very selfish act.

I wasn't aware that we had lost his services - must be another SKOOOOOOOOBY exclusive. :nana:

The pot will assure ML missed games, if the gun didn't lock it in already.

And you know this because you've spoken with Goodell, or seen the case file, or spoken with the prosecutors?

Or 'cause you drive one of these?

SKOOOOOBY-mobile

If he is convicted, he might get some jail. That's just stupidity at it's core, grow up.

Wow - another SKOOOOOBY exclusive - he MIGHT get some jail if he's convicted. Gee, could you maybe share some more of that keen legal expertise? What happens if he's acquitted, Matlock?

In court that flies, in the real world of putting yourself in bad situations and causing problems it doesn't. Lessons have not been learned yet, that's pretty obvious. At what point does the free pass to do what you want end?? If he gets in accident high on weed or runs into someone again will it then be a problem?? It's pretty plain to see that the kid is not playing it cool and accepts little to no responsibility for his actions. When he leaves for the spring, he plays ghetto games which do not translate well for future success for our team.

Cut bait and get players who want to do something better with their time then get high like the users on here.

Skooby, I would be curious as to who your all time favorite Bills were.

I agree about cops lying but by putting the gun / drugs together, you are making a formula for trouble. Do many of you pot smokers here carry guns in the car while you are getting high or is that just a abnormal situation?

I made my gun into a makeshift pipe...kinda kills two birds with one stone.

Skooby, I would be curious as to who your all time favorite Bills were.

Why, are you going to make a list of all the things they ever did wrong?? I know who did what and why but Drugs / Guns are not going to really be on that list.

Have many of the pot smokers (or anyone for that matter) here have been shot at like Marshawn? Or have had two of their coworkers shot and killed (Darrent Williams, Sean Taylor) and had one coworker almost killed but forever maimed (Richard Collier) by being gunned down like Marshawn?

Guys like Jim Kelly use guns for hunting purposes. Now I don't know for sure, but I have a distinct feeling that a guy like Marshawn Lynch carries a gun (be they legal or illegal) for protection when traveling in dangerous areas. Maybe he wants to avoid be another statistic if he were to face the worse case scenario. The potential gang banger looking to steal gold off of a very obvious target. That's all the motivation needed for having the gun even if it was illegal. Geez, Mr. Golden Boy Marvin Harrison got in hot water for having a gun. The world is a way more violent place than you obviously think and though he should have registered the weapon I see fear as a very normal and reasonable motivator in regards to why he had it. What, did you honestly think the cops caught him before he going to go all resevior dogs on a "rival posse"?

:nana:

Have many of the pot smokers (or anyone for that matter) here have been shot at like Marshawn? Or have had two of their coworkers shot and killed (Darrent Williams, Sean Taylor) and had one coworker almost killed but forever maimed (Richard Collier) by being gunned down like Marshawn?

Guys like Jim Kelly use guns for hunting purposes. Now I don't know for sure, but I have a distinct feeling that a guy like Marshawn Lynch carries a gun (be they legal or illegal) for protection when traveling in dangerous areas. Maybe he wants to avoid be another statistic if he were to face the worse case scenario. The potential gang banger looking to steal gold off of a very obvious target. That's all the motivation needed for having the gun even if it was illegal. Geez, Mr. Golden Boy Marvin Harrison got in hot water for having a gun. The world is a way more violent place than you obviously think and though he should have registered the weapon I see fear as a very normal and reasonable motivator in regards to why he had it. What, did you honestly think the cops caught him before he going to go all resevior dogs on a "rival posse"?

:nana:

Ok first point pot is illegal blah blah blah- He was parked on the side of a road in his Mercedez that smelled of Pot so the police used the Drug smell to Search the entire car and "charged with three weapons misdemeanors after a loaded 9mm semiautomatic weapon was found in the trunk of his Mercedes-Benz. "

THE GUN WAS IN HIS TRUNK!!!!! No proof he was smoking the blunt even if he was Big freakin deal. He mostlikely had the gun in his TRUNK as protection not on his person nor was he portraying thug type behavior. I am white and this whole story sounds of pure racial profiling. Black Men SITTING in a PARKED Mercedez elicits the police to investigate the car SMELLS "POT" in the car and elicits a FULL CAR SEARCH which leads the police to go into a BAG thats in the TRUNK and finds the gun.

To me there is no difference between drinking a beer or smoking a blunt except that the government says one is legal and the other is not. Which has been a debatable topic for the last decade or so.

Lets me ask this, If it were white men sitting in a parked Mercedez benz do you think it would have elicited a response from the police???? I say no. As far as the hit and run goes I think sevarl things could be an issue with that one, to me it seems he was taking the fall for another driver of the vehichle who would have gotten in more trouble then him and he took the wrap, specualtion. But if we go on fact of his admission maybe he was under the influence of "pot" didnt realize he hit a person and didnt know what he should do when he found out he did. There is no differnce in my mind of being DUI of alchohol or pot but the creater of this post would like us to think less of him and get rid of him because hes in his early 20's and smokes pot. Sorry he has not done anything thug like to desrve to be booted of this team. HE is a freaking truck now if he was to do something a 3rd time then we can address it then until then theres nothing to discuss.

Have some intervention and give him some mentorship and look forward to the beast next season. HE is not going to be suspended more than a game if any next season. He wasnt involved in CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR he was sitting in his car!!!

well if you could judge a RB by one game, you could call him the second best in the NFL.... he did have tie for most yards in the pro bowl, and he sustained drives that gave them scoring chances... That just shows you how capable of a back he is behind a competent line, and considering he only got a handful of carries - I'm happy keeping him, whether he's labeled thug or not. It's not like he doesn't do good in the community, its his personal life that effects peoples perception of ML23 and the NFL. But hey, I risk my life for a living (USAF)- and get paid only a fraction of what he gets - I have a higher standard to withhold, or I loose the clothes on my back and become jobless (not too many people hiring felons - because thats what a dishonorable discharge is). Should he be punished by the league? Yes, of course! If it weren't for the players union, I wouldn't mind seeing repeated offenders salary being dropped to what I make a year (which is a little under 20k). Should he be punished by the bills? No, we actually would like to compete this year, having fast freddy is good, but on short yardage situations we need ML. When people make millions of dollars - taking away a few thousand is like a slap on the wrist - give a percentage of their pay to charity and make em' work with a working mans pay. It's just a sport!

Come on! He intenionally mowed down that woman and left her bleeding to death in the middle of a busy street because he couldn't be bothered to get out of his car in the rain to help her. Then he was caught red-handed smoking marijuana and luckily wasn't charged for it even though they had him dead to rights. Then they found an illegal gun in his car, which he surely was going to use to rob or kill someone. If that doesn't scream "thug" to you...

I suppose you believe that a sober driver can run into a human being and not realize that he hit something.

Wow your parents sure did raise a gullible little kid.

well if you could judge a RB by one game, you could call him the second best in the NFL.... he did have tie for most yards in the pro bowl, and he sustained drives that gave them scoring chances... That just shows you how capable of a back he is behind a competent line, and considering he only got a handful of carries - I'm happy keeping him

Why do people keep making a big deal about 6 carries for 48 yards in an exhibition game? Ones opinnion of Lynch doesnt matter, I am talking about why people keep making a big deal about gaining 48 yards on 6 carries in a game where everyone plays soft and is more fun than true competition? I mean its a lousy 48 yards, its not like he went for 160 or something on 6 carries.

This comment is not meant to create any opinnion about Lynch himself, just baffles me how many times I have seen his 48 yards on 6 carries made out to be some monster day. Heck, Lynch eclipsed that yardage on a single carry during a real NFL game against SF...

Lynch will start to become more impressive when he starts running for a high YPC in real NFL games, not exhibition games, and he won't do that until he learns to hit the hole better, more decisively, and with more authority. He showed some improvement towards the last half of last year, so I think he can do it. But until then, he will be a good RB, not a great RB.

I suppose you believe that a sober driver can run into a human being and not realize that he hit something.

Wow your parents sure did raise a gullible little kid.

Did he even come out and say I am sorry about my car hitting you and feel terrible about it?? No, he hid behind a lawyerand got a free pass which I personally think is cool. Things happen and can go wrong quickly and when your out with people there are variables. Being in a Mercedes after that incident with some type of drugs and a gun has some legal issues involved one way or another, henceforth the charges against him.

To me, he has a great upside with a thug variable that is difficult to control. If it translates into extra yards on the field, that's cool. If it translates in lnto a yearly problem that leaves the team in lurch without a #1 one RB, then it's a team problem. We lost of starting QB for multiple games after Trent's concussion / subsequent dings, our #2 was more like a #4.

We cannot have a player not being game ready because of stupidity, injuries I understand but stupidity is a variable the FO can control. Whether or not they want to is another story that the Fred Taylor story may answer. It's a warning shot to ML and a pre-cursor to what the league might do. I personally think we shouldn't take a chance with ML any longer, a pattern is all too obvious.

Did he even come out and say I am sorry about my car hitting you and feel terrible about it?? No, he hid behind a lawyerand got a free pass which I personally think is cool.

I guess personal accountability is not high on your list of values. Not surprising.

The fact that ML apparently did not accept accountability and got off essentially with nothing in last year’s incident most likely contributed to the most recent incident. Hiding behind lawyers and getting away with things only serves to justify the belief that he is “above the law.” Personally I hope ML turns things around … maybe this time a financial hit and loss of time on the field will serve as a message that gets through to him.

Why do people keep making a big deal about 6 carries for 48 yards in an exhibition game? Ones opinnion of Lynch doesnt matter, I am talking about why people keep making a big deal about gaining 48 yards on 6 carries in a game where everyone plays soft and is more fun than true competition? I mean its a lousy 48 yards, its not like he went for 160 or something on 6 carries.

This comment is not meant to create any opinnion about Lynch himself, just baffles me how many times I have seen his 48 yards on 6 carries made out to be some monster day. Heck, Lynch eclipsed that yardage on a single carry during a real NFL game against SF...

Lynch will start to become more impressive when he starts running for a high YPC in real NFL games, not exhibition games, and he won't do that until he learns to hit the hole better, more decisively, and with more authority. He showed some improvement towards the last half of last year, so I think he can do it. But until then, he will be a good RB, not a great RB.

but why do you let it bother you? It's just pride over a player that we have that performed well in the probowl. We don't have that many instances where we get to shine, and we had our lone player that represented the Bills perform very well for the AFC.

Why, are you going to make a list of all the things they ever did wrong?? I know who did what and why but Drugs / Guns are not going to really be on that list.

So apparantly you are now the judge and jury as to what is and what is not acceptable behavior? Who made you god or put you in charge? And I doubt you know 1/2 of the things that occurred back in the Bills Hey Days of the early 90s. You may think you know, but you don't. As a matter of fact you think you know about alot of things, but DON"T!

This by far has got to be the most racist post ive seen...if he was white with dreads and gold teeth it would be completly diffrent...nobody would be sayin thug or gangster or whatever you wanna call it...the stereotypes that people (i.e Skooby, poland, etc) use are because you dont know any better so its pure ignorance thats all...micheal phelps smokes weed he far from gangster, that guy cut his !@#$ing wifes head off thats not gangster, peyton manning and brett farve hunt petas not kicking down there door...your (skooby, poland, etc) just closet racsist come on out the closet boys.... :nana:

This by far has got to be the most racist post ive seen...if he was white with dreads and gold teeth it would be completly diffrent...nobody would be sayin thug or gangster or whatever you wanna call it...the stereotypes that people (i.e Skooby, poland, etc) use are because you dont know any better so its pure ignorance thats all...micheal phelps smokes weed he far from gangster, that guy cut his !@#$ing wifes head off thats not gangster, peyton manning and brett farve hunt petas not kicking down there door...your (skooby, poland, etc) just closet racsist come on out the closet boys.... :nana:

I have a Bruce Smith Fathead package in my son's room. I could of just picked Kelly or anyone but I like Bruce Smith's dominance and his style. His DWI's were not cool but drinking alcohol is not illegal as well.

Running over the locals (yes, even Canadians are locals) was one thing that was considered a misunderstanding but smoking blunts and having guns in a mercedes is straight out of a G-Rap song. ML is a criminal thug and is the last thing we need here. His YPC suck and his effort is only because of his lack to run vertically when available. He is over-rated and his Pro-bowl blip was a joke to start with.

Time to cut bait and run Freddy raw, bye G.

lmao... Bills tender Fast Freddy to a one year nfl minimum of just under half a million dollars, so because of something we don't know, or because they think they are fine without Fred Jackson, or its just that the front office is smoking dope - I'm pretty sure ML 23 is here to stay, and Fast Freddy won't want to come back, as his contract - a nfl minimum, isn't making him happy since he wanted a multi year deal - we can't seem to keep the players that actually love playing for buffalo - maybe thats why we sucked, noone loves buffalo. Got to love ralph - he gets players for the cheap lol

I have a Bruce Smith Fathead package in my son's room. I could of just picked Kelly or anyone but I like Bruce Smith's dominance and his style. His DWI's were not cool but drinking alcohol is not illegal as well.

So in your mind driving drunk is more excusable than possession of a weapon NOT on your person? Thousands are killed by drunk drivers each year. Nobody has ever been killed by a gun in the trunk.

Ok first point pot is illegal blah blah blah- He was parked on the side of a road in his Mercedez that smelled of Pot so the police used the Drug smell to Search the entire car and "charged with three weapons misdemeanors after a loaded 9mm semiautomatic weapon was found in the trunk of his Mercedes-Benz. "

THE GUN WAS IN HIS TRUNK!!!!! No proof he was smoking the blunt even if he was Big freakin deal. He mostlikely had the gun in his TRUNK as protection not on his person nor was he portraying thug type behavior. I am white and this whole story sounds of pure racial profiling. Black Men SITTING in a PARKED Mercedez elicits the police to investigate the car SMELLS "POT" in the car and elicits a FULL CAR SEARCH which leads the police to go into a BAG thats in the TRUNK and finds the gun.

To me there is no difference between drinking a beer or smoking a blunt except that the government says one is legal and the other is not. Which has been a debatable topic for the last decade or so.

Lets me ask this, If it were white men sitting in a parked Mercedez benz do you think it would have elicited a response from the police???? I say no. As far as the hit and run goes I think sevarl things could be an issue with that one, to me it seems he was taking the fall for another driver of the vehichle who would have gotten in more trouble then him and he took the wrap, specualtion. But if we go on fact of his admission maybe he was under the influence of "pot" didnt realize he hit a person and didnt know what he should do when he found out he did. There is no differnce in my mind of being DUI of alchohol or pot but the creater of this post would like us to think less of him and get rid of him because hes in his early 20's and smokes pot. Sorry he has not done anything thug like to desrve to be booted of this team. HE is a freaking truck now if he was to do something a 3rd time then we can address it then until then theres nothing to discuss.

Have some intervention and give him some mentorship and look forward to the beast next season. HE is not going to be suspended more than a game if any next season. He wasnt involved in CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR he was sitting in his car!!!

I was supporting Lynch. Sorry, but your response to my post made no sense at all. :nana:

So in your mind driving drunk is more excusable than possession of a weapon NOT on your person? Thousands are killed by drunk drivers each year. Nobody has ever been killed by a gun in the trunk.

I am not belitting what Bruce did but he did the crime and the time but Bruce never hit anyone driving drunk. ML's car hit a canadian women last year, so try again.

Yes absolutely. His off the field issues don't mean anything. he either gets suspended or he doesn't. Marshawn is a good guy from what i can tell. Everyone loves him on the team. The coaches love him. Marshawn makes poor choices due to his upbringing. He doesn't have a father from what i can gather, he grew up in poverty on the streets of oakland. People including the Brass of the NFL expect these players to change overnight. I am sorry but there isn't a on/off switch. Marshawn needs support from friends, famity, and a father figure in his life. I realize that alot of people seem to think that Money should make him behave. Human is human and no amount of money will change that.

Maybe all of the Bills fans should get together and give Marshawn a group hug! :nana:

Bruce was not from the same side or atmoshpere as Marshawn dont get me wrong he not smart for keepin the wrong people around...and just because you can accept one african american player means you can accept them all....you breathin life into stereotypes by callin him a thug cuz it was recklass of you.....but your gonna say what you want cuz that how you think....

I couldn't care less if Marshawn walked into the locker room before each game, hung up his double-holstered .45 sleeves in his locker, hit a 3-foot water bong he keeps next to his cleats, and then dog-cursed the people of Buffalo as he warms up. If he gives every bit of himself out there on the field (as it certainly appears he does) then he's OK in my book. And as long as no one gets hurt -- and don't give me the Canadian girl incident, as clearly the details of that night are pretty damn shaky -- we should all just relax.

Of course he's going to be a Bill next year! Are you all nuts. He might not even miss a single game. These are minor charges. They let Leonard Little play in this league; he killed someone, on his like 3rd DUI. People are beating their wives and assaulting people and still making it out on the field. Open your eyes. This is no big deal, ya bunch of Chicken Littles.

Damn straight. This whole thing with Marshawn is bush league. Let's talk about some true blue thugs like Manson and that idiot Dahmer. Give him the damn ball! :nana:

agreed. he does have a hint of thug wannabe in him. But he isn't a thug. He is just REALLY stupid and immature.

Unfortunately it's a very short distance for stupid and immature to convicted Felon. Many good people do very bad things.

Until I see another running back in Buffalo like Thurman Thomas or Kenny Davis I will never be satisfied. Why did Buffalo not trade up and get Adrian Peterson? He is that kind of guy. My knock on Marshawn is he is good but just does not possess the break away spped of a great running back. Until Buffalo gets that guy their running backs get no love from me. What good is 15 yards if a linebacker catches you and prevents you from busting the long run. No good at all. See you ya' bum.

A majority of the people that replied it's OK have probably never taken responsibility for anything in their life, it's a typical reaction. We hide behind closed doors and idolize fools who commit crimes and get away with them, then we are the fools. This guy is a multi-millionaire and has to show some class at some point in his life.

Yes he needs to man up and admit his wrong, but he doesn't have to do it to us. I don't hold a gavel in my hands. Only God will truly judge Marshawn. You keep casting stones, but you better realize how thin the panes that surround you are. Who knows what he's said behind closed doors or over the phone to Bills executives or the Commisioner possibly? The fact is we know nothing more that what we're spoon fed by these media outlets. For you to be making alot of these statements that you're making is a bit judgemental, don't you think? Just because you don't understand some one's life-style or their upbringing or their problems it seems that you make these ignorant statements.

Professionals that get high, get broke. Ask Vick when he gets to go into halfway house, things took a big turn on the highest paid player in the league at one point.

Vick's problems don't stem from smoking weed, they stem from his gutless cruelty towards animals. They stem from his arrogance in thinking that just because he was a famous and wealthy QB in the NFL that he could do whatever he wanted. Well Johnny Cochran is dead and gone so we see Vick's end result.

Until I see another running back in Buffalo like Thurman Thomas or Kenny Davis I will never be satisfied. Why did Buffalo not trade up and get Adrian Peterson? He is that kind of guy. My knock on Marshawn is he is good but just does not possess the break away spped of a great running back. Until Buffalo gets that guy their running backs get no love from me. What good is 15 yards if a linebacker catches you and prevents you from busting the long run. No good at all. See you ya' bum.

So everybody worse than Adrian Peterson (aka all the other running backs in the NFL) are bums. And 15 yard gains are worthless if the RB gets caught by a linebacker? hahahaha where do you people come from? I suppose a 15 yard reception is no good at all if the WR gets tackled by a safety.

I am not belitting what Bruce did but he did the crime and the time but Bruce never hit anyone driving drunk. ML's car hit a canadian women last year, so try again.

Reading the tripe that you post makes me wish to God, Mohammed, Buddha...anyone who would listen that I could get the chance to punch you in the face. And make that my avatar.

I think I am on the fence about ML trouble with the law. While his incidents I feel are minor things, they do show poor judgement and stupidity for putting himself in bad situations. This young man seems to me not to be a bad person but makes bad decisions. I dont feel as last year he did anything but panic after he was not paying attention while he was driving then became scared and took off(this it totally my opinion and not based on any knowledge of what was going through his mind.) Then because of the money he makes he probably did the smart thing about keeping his mouth shut from a civil suit point of view, and I cant blame him for watching out for his pocketbook in todays sue happy societ. While I could even understand him having a weapon on him being who he is and probably a target, also smoking weed rarely concerns me because I am a libertarian and believe that if he wants smoke a little in the off-season who am I to judge. If it was only one incident or the other I would say big deal, dumb mistake and move on, but now two incidents makes me worry about his decision making process. I partied enough in my day and have done plenty of dumb things so I am not trying to pass judgement, but once I found out I was going to be a father I put that stuff away and concentrated on my career. I think this young man should prioritize what is important to him, and make decisions based on those lines. I wish him luck and hope he gets it together here in Buffalo because he is sure fun to watch.

It would appear thathe is on his way to sharring a room with Travis or OJ, but he has a wonderful smile and could possibly land a spot in the nextremake of the Longest Yard