I think Marshawn is done as a Buffalo Bill......

SKOOBY

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When is it time to replace "young and stupid" players with "young and smart" players? Stupidity is no virtue, and if a team is smart they will weed through that before they invest a Top 12 pick. With millions of dollars on the line, and the representation of your team at stake, it would seem to me that being "stupid" or hanging with a "bad crowd" should auto-disqualify a top pick.

Lynch is a hard runner when he's not too nauseous to play (or skipping out of the team box at halftime when "injured"), but he certainly ain't all world. He may not even be the best back on his team. You don't get away with what he is doing off the field when you aren't a dominant NFL player, and he is FAR from dominant.

Losing Lynch = No big loss. Inconsistent performer, stone hands, poor blocker, stupid, and a nightmare off the field.

When the Bills are getting run over by another team's running back, does it matter whether or not that running back had a gun charge in the offseason? When TO lights up another team's secondary, does that team say, "well we just got worked but TO tried to kill himself two years ago so at least we got that going for us." It's time for the Bills to play the same game as everyone else and put together the best product possible on the field. And by the way, Marshawn Lynch is one hell of a running back and anybody that doesn't see that doesn't know anything about football. Period.

When the Bills are getting run over by another team's running back, does it matter whether or not that running back had a gun charge in the offseason? When TO lights up another team's secondary, does that team say, "well we just got worked but TO tried to kill himself two years ago so at least we got that going for us." It's time for the Bills to play the same game as everyone else and put together the best product possible on the field. And by the way, Marshawn Lynch is one hell of a running back and anybody that doesn't see that doesn't know anything about football. Period.

Overrated thug is more accurate.

What do you propose we do with him? If you could trade him for a 1st rounder I'd say fine but who would be stupid enough to offer that for a player with an impending suspension? Like him or not he has value and I would hope management proceeds with caution on the matter and not pull another dumb move like they did with Crowell.

So, the Bills pulled a dumb move by placing a guy on IR even though he could have come back during the season. I understand how you can arrive at that point.

But from the Bills' standpoint, they placed a player, whom they advised that, if he needed surgery, to do it sooner rather than later so they would have a better indication of his rehab and return schedule. Instead, Crowell waits until the last minute, a few days before the opener, to announce he's having the procedure. Hmm. One minute he's penciled in as the starter, the next he announces he needs surgery afterall. To say he disrupted some plans is an understatement.

You're welcome to your opinion that the Bills were dumb but what Crowell did was the ultimate act of selfishness from a team standpoint. In short, he FU*CKED them by not being professional about the situation.

I hope they proceed with caution re Lynch as well. But they'll have the luxury of TIME to make adjustments in the Lynch case. They didn't have that luxury with Crowell.

GO BILLS!!!

I give up. Let's just alternate spending first round picks on running backs and corner backs and trade them after their third year to keep it all going.

While it's a bad strategy, RBs and CBs contribute, on a higher level, in their first years, than do most linemen. Would you expect the turnover to be different, if the Bills had drafted linemen and/or LBs earlier in the draft?

My thinking is, any high Bills draft choice, that is successful before they become a FA, is bound to go elsewhere, as the Bills haven't been signing their own, star players. If you are going to turnover your stars, you are better off drafting guys who contribute right away.

It's not surprising that some of our Blue Collar brethren don't really like Marshawn. We accept our high paid players with half open arms, and the first hint of anything that we don't see as "right" or "proper" behavior in our views, we are ready to run them out of town. No wonder some people don't want to consider Buffalo as a destination. I mean, Really, would you? You do one thing that could be seen as questionable and you are judged and branded. Now we are Ready to Lynch , Lynch without recieving all the details, how typical.

So you want this thug to play for the Bills??

Damn right - I want that particular thug as well as a few others. And by the way, there's nothing worng with chillin' in the Mercedes and smoking blunts. The gun thing is ugly, but from the stories I've heard, the gun was not on him, but actually in the car (trunk?).

Guns, Drugs and Mercedes. Mix it all together and you have a potential for a problem, right? Not in ML's mind, it's all good.

Missing chromosomes, a keyboard and a BMW. Mix it all together and TBD has a potential problem.

get real, deano - the guy was sitting in a car, minding his own business, doing nothing to no one - how much more thug-like can you get??? :worthy:

Indeed. So far the guy was involved in a minor hit and run. Bad? Yes. Stupid? Yes, Thug like? Hardly. Thousands of drunk middle-aged white-collar businessmen do it every year.

Guy has a gun in a car, with absolutely NO evidence of intent to do anything with it. Bad? Sure. Stupid? Of course. Thug like? Is that a joke? Thugs brandish their guns, and use them. Hell, here in the South, it seems like the majority of the natives keep guns in their cars and trucks (some registered, some not). I was told by a retired military guy (highly decorated) here, that you don't really need to register every gun. (Is that true?) He always has at least 3 weapons with him. BTW, he's a 70-year old White guy. Does that make him a thug?

Barry Switzer tried to board an airplane with a gun in his bag. That's closer to thuggery than simply having a gun in the trunk of the car.

OK, now I've done something stupid...I posted in a Skooby thread. I should know better, as virtually everything the guy says is stupid and worthless...and he believes every "thought" he has is worthy of its own thread. He is the living embodiment of my working hypothesis that the value of a poster is inversely related to how many threads they start. I'll try to do better, in the future.

Yes absolutely. His off the field issues don't mean anything. he either gets suspended or he doesn't. Marshawn is a good guy from what i can tell. Everyone loves him on the team. The coaches love him. Marshawn makes poor choices due to his upbringing. He doesn't have a father from what i can gather, he grew up in poverty on the streets of oakland. People including the Brass of the NFL expect these players to change overnight. I am sorry but there isn't a on/off switch. Marshawn needs support from friends, famity, and a father figure in his life. I realize that alot of people seem to think that Money should make him behave. Human is human and no amount of money will change that.
Lynch would be fired from the overwhelming majority of jobs in which you need to keep a good public image and be responsible, except the NFL. They are happy to sell jersey's with players names on them and players are happy to get $$$ deals based on their image but do face any repercussions from their employer for illegal/improper behavior. I'm not talking aboiut being Bob Hope I'm talking BASIC behavior where you dont get arrested, use illegal drugs, carry guns, assault people, run dog dog fighting rings etc.

According to you it appears you either have a double standard for NFL players or you wouldnt care if your kids teachers, social workers, entertainers (via Pee Wee Herman) or anyone else who had an impact on a kids life behaved this way-they need a break, blame it on the upbringing-maybe if he was fired other athletes would learn and it would stop these all to frequent problems. By allowing the PacMans of the world to hold court your hurting every kid on the fringe, they see no reason NOT to behave this way. No one player is above the game.

Running over the locals (yes, even Canadians are locals) was one thing that was considered a misunderstanding but smoking blunts and having guns in a mercedes is straight out of a G-Rap song. ML is a criminal thug and is the last thing we need here. His YPC suck and his effort is only because of his lack to run vertically when available. He is over-rated and his Pro-bowl blip was a joke to start with.

Time to cut bait and run Freddy raw, bye G.

I used to wonder why all these people posted derogatory things about you. Now I understand. Hopefully this is just a bad attempt at sarcasm and not for real. C'mon man, "a G-Rap song"? :D A "criminal thug"? :rolleyes: "His YPC suck" and his effort is attributed to his "lack to run vertically"? :lol: How many people have you seen run straight up in the air? I'd say Peters' appearance was far less justified than Marshawn's. Whatever dude :worthy:

Lynch would be fired from the overwhelming majority of jobs in which you need to keep a good public image and be responsible, except the NFL. They are happy to sell jersey's with players names on them and players are happy to get $$$ deals based on their image but do face any repercussions from their employer for illegal/improper behavior. I'm not talking aboiut being Bob Hope I'm talking BASIC behavior where you dont get arrested, use illegal drugs, carry guns, assault people, run dog dog fighting rings etc.

According to you it appears you either have a double standard for NFL players or you wouldnt care if your kids teachers, social workers, entertainers (via Pee Wee Herman) or anyone else who had an impact on a kids life behaved this way-they need a break, blame it on the upbringing-maybe if he was fired other athletes would learn and it would stop these all to frequent problems. By allowing the PacMans of the world to hold court your hurting every kid on the fringe, they see no reason NOT to behave this way. No one player is above the game.

People get fired from their jobs for traffic violations where they pay $100 fines? Man, I'm glad I work for myself.

you know who was the greatest guy off the field....jp losman we should resign him based soley on moral gumption.

you know who wasnt great off the field...jim kelly, thurman thomas, bruce smith...selective memories i guess

c'mon the kid did nothing other than have an unregistered gun. he isnt even close to a thug based on street or even NFL standards...posts like this make me mad, lets get off our high horses and only take oppinions from our 100% law abiding citizens. by the standards set on this board I think alot of us are thugs

This so far has been the most ignorant statement of the day, and there has been a lot of them. How ever the day is young.

People do not get fired for what you just said. What country do you live in?

you are exactly the type of person that I was talking about in my last post.

Typical

I couldn't care less if Marshawn walked into the locker room before each game, hung up his double-holstered .45 sleeves in his locker, hit a 3-foot water bong he keeps next to his cleats, and then dog-cursed the people of Buffalo as he warms up. If he gives every bit of himself out there on the field (as it certainly appears he does) then he's OK in my book. And as long as no one gets hurt -- and don't give me the Canadian girl incident, as clearly the details of that night are pretty damn shaky -- we should all just relax.

Of course he's going to be a Bill next year! Are you all nuts. He might not even miss a single game. These are minor charges. They let Leonard Little play in this league; he killed someone, on his like 3rd DUI. People are beating their wives and assaulting people and still making it out on the field. Open your eyes. This is no big deal, ya bunch of Chicken Littles.

I'm in a weird place on all this. I just really want this team to make the playoffs while im in still in my 20's and can actually have some fun.

It's easy to bring up Santonio Holmes's pot issues, while making SuperBowl winning catches. Why? Because he's catching championship throws. The Bills are no where near that level. Partially I think people are being apologetic to this whole situation simply because the team isn't very good, and losing our starting running back will only make us thinner at a previous position of some depth, on a team with a litanny of other extremely important needs.

We can't simply be so apologetic on his alleged actions though. Seriously. You HAVE to know better, as a UC-Berkeley (one of the most prestigious state colleges in the country) "graduate," a 22 year old man, to know that burning it down in a really nice vehicle, with shotty plates and a loaded piece in your car is a bad idea. YOU HAVE TO KNOW THAT. I smoke weed. I do it considerably often. Have I EVER gotten caught? No. Privacy, care, and quite frankly, some paranoia when choosing to partake in recreational pharmaceutical use HAS to be taken. Bottom line. He made a stupid decision and now it puts this whole town at odds with one another.

Why are we as fans "idiots," or "short-sighted" or "don't know anything about football, period" simply because we're upset that the talented football player on our favorite team made, quite simply, a really really stupid decision? We, as Americans, need to find some moral fiber. I'm honestly not that mad about the weed thing. As I said, I'm not in a position to judge him on that, but seriously, YOU HAVE TO KNOW BETTER. I'm sorry guys, this "blame someone else" culture in this country has to stop. The man needs to stand up and take responsibility for whatever wrongdoing he is responsible for. If the courts deem him not guilty, its only a function of his really overpriced attorneys doing their job. Lynch comes off like he's the victim. Some unfortunate guy in a stereotyped, or racist organizations' plot against black athletes. Why do all these writers, Jerry Sullivan, Allen Wilson, columnists for the Rochester D & C all think Lynch is intimidating and unapproachable? Maybe, just maybe, because he is?

I could care less where, when, how, or with whom Lynch smokes weed. It is entirely his business and we, collectively, are not owed any sort of standard of behavior by him. Here's a secret: the NFL cares about his pot arrest for one reason, and one reason only: $$$. If the league's main sponsors were High Times magazine and Chong's glassware, instead of Beer companies, guaranteed you wouldn't see any suspensions for pot arrests.

As for labeling all this behaviour as "thuggery," Skoob, you thinly veiled racism wears thin on those of us living in this century. It makes me want to slap your mom for spawning such a dunce.

you know who was the greatest guy off the field....jp losman we should resign him based soley on moral gumption.

you know who wasnt great off the field...jim kelly, thurman thomas, bruce smith...selective memories i guess

c'mon the kid did nothing other than have an unregistered gun. he isnt even close to a thug based on street or even NFL standards...posts like this make me mad, lets get off our high horses and only take oppinions from our 100% law abiding citizens. by the standards set on this board I think alot of us are thugs

Marshawn didn't inhale either right??

A majority of the people that replied it's OK have probably never taken responsibility for anything in their life, it's a typical reaction. We hide behind closed doors and idolize fools who commit crimes and get away with them, then we are the fools. This guy is a multi-millionaire and has to show some class at some point in his life.

I'm in a weird place on all this. I just really want this team to make the playoffs while im in still in my 20's and can actually have some fun.

It's easy to bring up Santonio Holmes's pot issues, while making SuperBowl winning catches. Why? Because he's catching championship throws. The Bills are no where near that level. Partially I think people are being apologetic to this whole situation simply because the team isn't very good, and losing our starting running back will only make us thinner at a previous position of some depth, on a team with a litanny of other extremely important needs.

We can't simply be so apologetic on his alleged actions though. Seriously. You HAVE to know better, as a UC-Berkeley (one of the most prestigious state colleges in the country) "graduate," a 22 year old man, to know that burning it down in a really nice vehicle, with shotty plates and a loaded piece in your car is a bad idea. YOU HAVE TO KNOW THAT. I smoke weed. I do it considerably often. Have I EVER gotten caught? No. Privacy, care, and quite frankly, some paranoia when choosing to partake in recreational pharmaceutical use HAS to be taken. Bottom line. He made a stupid decision and now it puts this whole town at odds with one another.

Why are we as fans "idiots," or "short-sighted" or "don't know anything about football, period" simply because we're upset that the talented football player on our favorite team made, quite simply, a really really stupid decision? We, as Americans, need to find some moral fiber. I'm honestly not that mad about the weed thing. As I said, I'm not in a position to judge him on that, but seriously, YOU HAVE TO KNOW BETTER. I'm sorry guys, this "blame someone else" culture in this country has to stop. The man needs to stand up and take responsibility for whatever wrongdoing he is responsible for. If the courts deem him not guilty, its only a function of his really overpriced attorneys doing their job. Lynch comes off like he's the victim. Some unfortunate guy in a stereotyped, or racist organizations' plot against black athletes. Why do all these writers, Jerry Sullivan, Allen Wilson, columnists for the Rochester D & C all think Lynch is intimidating and unapproachable? Maybe, just maybe, because he is?

Running over the locals (yes, even Canadians are locals) was one thing that was considered a misunderstanding but smoking blunts and having guns in a mercedes is straight out of a G-Rap song. ML is a criminal thug and is the last thing we need here. His YPC suck and his effort is only because of his lack to run vertically when available. He is over-rated and his Pro-bowl blip was a joke to start with.

Time to cut bait and run Freddy raw, bye G.

put down the crack pipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A majority of the people that replied it's OK have probably never taken responsibility for anything in their life, it's a typical reaction. We hide behind closed doors and idolize fools who commit crimes and get away with them, then we are the fools. This guy is a multi-millionaire and has to show some class at some point in his life.

A majority of the people that refer to other people as "thugs" for riding around with a joint and a piece are completely unfamiliar with actual thug life.

Inhale what? The marijuana he was allegedly smoking but didn't get charged for? I'm still waiting for the explanation of that one.

In court that flies, in the real world of putting yourself in bad situations and causing problems it doesn't. Lessons have not been learned yet, that's pretty obvious. At what point does the free pass to do what you want end?? If he gets in accident high on weed or runs into someone again will it then be a problem?? It's pretty plain to see that the kid is not playing it cool and accepts little to no responsibility for his actions. When he leaves for the spring, he plays ghetto games which do not translate well for future success for our team.

Cut bait and get players who want to do something better with their time then get high like the users on here.

In court that flies, in the real world of putting yourself in bad situations and causing problems it doesn't. Lessons have not been learned yet, that's pretty obvious. At what point does the free pass to do what you want end?? If he gets in accident high on weed or runs into someone again will it then be a problem?? It's pretty plain to see that the kid is not playing it cool and accepts little to no responsibility for his actions. When he leaves for the spring, he plays ghetto games which do not translate well for future success for our team.

Cut bait and get players who want to do something better with their time then get high like the users on here.

Skooby, here's my advice to you. Get high. You'll be less uptight.

Skooby, here's my advice to you. Get high. You'll be less uptight.

Professionals that get high, get broke. Ask Vick when he gets to go into halfway house, things took a big turn on the highest paid player in the league at one point.