First players visiting....

gordon_g

He was right about quite a bit of things last year. Some people ridiculed him & when he was proven right(about the stroud trade) they were not even man enough to issue him an apology. If you are not a longtime member @ TBD that is how your treated on around here by some of the originals.

Yeah, I seem to remember someone calling you the second best Gord.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

real question is what does Taylor comeing to Buffalo actualy mean...I cant see Lynch being suspended for more than 2 games if at all...Are the Bills really willing to cut Lynch for whats happened in the past 2 offseasons?...I might get flamed for this but here goes...a percentage of these players in the nfl are going to get into this kind of trouble...I dont mean gun trouble, just trouble in general...some of these guys just dont know how to stay out of trouble, but aslong as they arent killing ppl I dont see any reason to cut them for misdemeanors and such...anyways, theres no room on the rostor for another RB of starting calliber...if they were bringing in RB's to replace Omon I could see that, but thats a huge slap in the face to Taylor to be a 3rd RB

I dont see what Washington will bring to the Bills...we saw that Reed is a needed on the feild last season...Johnson looked as to be taking the 3rd WR spot and seems to have some talent...Hardy was a bit dissapointing but he could be better next season..I cant see Washington replacing any of our WR's at all...Maybe Jenkins, guess it comes down to wich is the better ST player and Jenkins was a very good ST player for the Bills.

real question is what does Taylor comeing to Buffalo actualy mean...I cant see Lynch being suspended for more than 2 games if at all...Are the Bills really willing to cut Lynch for whats happened in the past 2 offseasons?...I might get flamed for this but here goes...a percentage of these players in the nfl are going to get into this kind of trouble...I dont mean gun trouble, just trouble in general...some of these guys just dont know how to stay out of trouble, but aslong as they arent killing ppl I dont see any reason to cut them for misdemeanors and such...anyways, theres no room on the rostor for another RB of starting calliber...if they were bringing in RB's to replace Omon I could see that, but thats a huge slap in the face to Taylor to be a 3rd RB

It's possible that they see Fred Taylor as an upgrade to Fred Jackson and that's why they're bringing him in.

real question is what does those 2 comeing to Buffalo actualy mean...I cant see Lynch being suspended for more than 2 games if at all...Are the Bills really willing to cut Lynch for whats happened in the past 2 offseasons?...I might get flamed for this but here goes...a percentage of these players in the nfl are going to get into this kind of trouble...I dont mean gun trouble, just trouble in general...some of these guys just dont know how to stay out of trouble, but aslong as they arent killing ppl I dont see any reason to cut them for misdemeanors and such...anyways, theres no room on the rostor for another RB of starting calliber...if they were bringing in guys to replace Omon I could see that.

With Lynch, you now have two "serious" incidents within the past year. This second one looks as if it will result in some type of suspension. Do you trust Lynch enough at this point to believe there won't be a third incident at this point?

Say in week 3 he does something stupid and gets booted for the year. Fans will be screaming that the Bills should have taken a proactive approach to the situation in the off season.

It's possible that they see Fred Taylor as an upgrade to Fred Jackson and that's why they're bringing him in.

could be..but if thats the reason it has to be they think Jackson will want more money than what Taylor would want...Theres nothing to fix in our RB situation as it is...these 2 together are one of the best combos in the AFC...I could be wrong , but I just dont see any reason to mess with the RB situation...why get rid of Jackson for an older Taylor just to have to look for Taylors replacement in like 2 or 3 years...I dont know..could just be me, but I just dont see any reason for Taylor on the team unless he'll be happy in a FB roll..blocking for Jackson and Lynch and being able to catch the ball as a FB..hmm maybe

With Lynch, you now have two "serious" incidents within the past year. This second one looks as if it will result in some type of suspension. Do you trust Lynch enough at this point to believe there won't be a third incident at this point?

Say in week 3 he does something stupid and gets booted for the year. Fans will be screaming that the Bills should have taken a proactive approach to the situation in the off season.

thats stupid...hes never done anything to show he'd mess up durring the actual season...its the offseasons where he has time to do other stuff besides play thats getting him into trouble...will I say he wont..no..but theres a risk that every player on the team will do something stupid on any day..should the bills house another 53 players somewhere just in case any of them do something stupid..I guess its just me, but aslong as hes not killing ppl, beating women or dealing drugs I have no problem with keeping his talent on the team..I guess if he sucked as a RB I might cut him lose and say good luck, but he doesnt suck .

Or, that they are worried about Lynch getting suspended for up to 4 games and want a reliable backup for Jackson. By all accounts, Taylor is a good locker room guy too. So his veteran presence couldn't hurt. What's the worst that would happen? Cost Omon a roster spot?

I don't see why Fred Taylor would want to sign with the Bills. He knows he only has 1-2 years left. He has to assume that Marshawn and Freddy will be here the vast majority of the year, and that he would have to outplay at least one of them to see the field at all. IMO, he is only visiting the Bills to up his bargaining power with other teams.

Apparently, Taylor and Stroud worked out together last off-season. Quote from Jacksonville Jags site:

Stroud trained harder than ever in south Florida with Jaguars running back Fred Taylor.

"He busted his butt," Taylor said. "Versus us, I don't wish him much success. But against anyone else, I just want him to get back to the Pro Bowl-caliber player I know he is. That's why I pushed him extra hard this offseason."

real question is what does Taylor comeing to Buffalo actualy mean...

Maybe it's just due diligence. With Jackson's contract still up in the air; Omon still an uncertainty; and Lynch getting into trouble, maybe they just want to cover all their bases and see what's available. It never hurts to bring guys in and talk to them. Or maybe its just a smokescreen to throw other teams off by making them think we're trying to sign a RB. My guess, nothing comes of it and they're just fishing.

Personally, I'd like to see them bring in every potential FA. At least it shows they're doing something. Of course, it won't mean anything come Sept. but it keeps us in the running of winning the offseason.

Ok, I just searched his history as HE said and he had only 16 posts and only one last year about Chris Carr...I wasnt posting here last year...

As others have pointed out, a hard drive crash wiped out the Stadium Wall archive from Apr. 21, 2007 to Mar. 13, 2008. During the beginning of the 2008 free agency period, Mr. G. posted about player visits -- most notably Stroud's -- several hours before anyone in the media had that news. And yeah, because TSW had been burned by previous "inside" info, people gave him crap ... until his predictions started coming true.

My suggestion: be quiet, let the man speak, and pay attention to what he says. You might learn something interesting.