First players visiting....

gordon_g

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

real question is what does Taylor comeing to Buffalo actualy mean...I cant see Lynch being suspended for more than 2 games if at all...Are the Bills really willing to cut Lynch for whats happened in the past 2 offseasons?...I might get flamed for this but here goes...a percentage of these players in the nfl are going to get into this kind of trouble...I dont mean gun trouble, just trouble in general...some of these guys just dont know how to stay out of trouble, but aslong as they arent killing ppl I dont see any reason to cut them for misdemeanors and such...anyways, theres no room on the rostor for another RB of starting calliber...if they were bringing in RB's to replace Omon I could see that, but thats a huge slap in the face to Taylor to be a 3rd RB

I dont see what Washington will bring to the Bills...we saw that Reed is a needed on the feild last season...Johnson looked as to be taking the 3rd WR spot and seems to have some talent...Hardy was a bit dissapointing but he could be better next season..I cant see Washington replacing any of our WR's at all...Maybe Jenkins, guess it comes down to wich is the better ST player and Jenkins was a very good ST player for the Bills.

I think it brings insurance for the running back position and I also think it brings in veteran leadership to the running game. I have also wondered how things would pan out. Would that lead to a trade of lynch? or are they really doing a way with the full back and start using to RB formations that can be either pass or run? Is it possible we might be losing Fast freddie?

As far as i have heard and its pure specualtion I guarnetted nothing on what i am about to say but there is belief that Washington is better on special teeams then Jenkins but one could also specualte coming form the Pats maybe we could get some offense info to aid our defense. doubtful but possible.

As others have pointed out, a hard drive crash wiped out the Stadium Wall archive from Apr. 21, 2007 to Mar. 13, 2008. During the beginning of the 2008 free agency period, Mr. G. posted about player visits -- most notably Stroud's -- several hours before anyone in the media had that news. And yeah, because TSW had been burned by previous "inside" info, people gave him crap ... until his predictions started coming true.

My suggestion: be quiet, let the man speak, and pay attention to what he says. You might learn something interesting.

I know, I get it, geezus...arent we being a little dramatic? I mean what was I supposed to think?

First he posted news that isn't exactly breaking news in Taylor and Washington coming as its already been reported on here several times, then says he has this accurate track record to check out...so I look at his past posts, as he requested, and there is only one post last year and it was about Chris Carr.

Considering I was on another board last year and not here, have no idea who he is as he hasnt been posting at all this offseason, has a record that says only 16 posts lifetime and only one post last offseason about Chris Carr, and have never heard about this wipeout until now, what did you expect me to think?

Think about all the gibberish on this board daily (see any post by Poland for an example)...how was I supposed to look at this and go, “Oh, he does have inside info and there must have been some kind of wipeout of his posts wiping away all the proof he talked about.” when I didn't even know about this wipeout as it was before my time here. Geezus, cut me some slack…

If he has inside info, then I welcome it and look forward to reading about it.

As far as Taylor goes...if both Buffalo and NE offer him a contract, I don't see how he chooses us over them. Weather is the same, so thats not a factor. In Buffalo, we have a tandem already in Lynch and Jackson. So, if we retain both of them, that means Taylor is more of an insurance policy against a Lynch suspension. In NE, he could, and like would be the outright starter or at the very least, be part of a two back tandem on a team that went 16-0 in 2007 and 11-5 in 2008 despite losing Brady in the first week.

If Taylor does sign here despite NE's interest, I would keep an eye on Lynch or Jackson. The only way I think Taylor signs here is if he believes he has an opportunity to get at least 10-15 touches a game, and that isnt happening with both Lynch and Jackson here. So, if we sign him I wouldnt be surprised if that led to a trade of Lynch or Jackson (assuming we resign him). Or maybe they think they can get Taylor for cheaper than keeping Jackson...who knows, but signing Taylor I think would raise some questions...

I know, I get it, geezus...arent we being a little dramatic? I mean what was I supposed to think?

First he posted news that isn't exactly breaking news in Taylor and Washington coming as its already been reported on here several times, then says he has this accurate track record to check out...so I look at his past posts, as he requested, and there is only one post last year and it was about Chris Carr.

Considering I was on another board last year and not here, have no idea who he is as he hasnt been posting at all this offseason, has a record that says only 16 posts lifetime and only one post last offseason about Chris Carr, and have never heard about this wipeout until now, what did you expect me to think?

Think about all the gibberish on this board daily (see any post by Poland for an example)...how was I supposed to look at this and go, “Oh, he does have inside info and there must have been some kind of wipeout of his posts wiping away all the proof he talked about.” when I didn't even know about this wipeout as it was before my time here. Geezus, cut me some slack…

If he has inside info, then I welcome it and look forward to reading about it.

Or, if you don't know the history of either the poster or the board, you could always refrain from making a snide comment.

But then it wouldn't be the Stadium Wall we all know and love, I suppose.

Or, if you don't know the history of either the poster or the board, you could always refrain from making a snide comment.

But then it wouldn't be the Stadium Wall we all know and love, I suppose.

Lori, you just dont get it...I DID know the history of this guy, at least the history this message board has for him...he told me to look at it, so I did...thats the difference here. I commented on his DOCUMENTED history that HE told me to look at. I am sure, he isnt aware of it not being there either, or he wouldnt have said to do that.

What I didnt know is that history on this board has been compromised because of some wipeout that happened before I got here. So, am I just supposed to assume that there must have been some crash that caused the data to be lost when I have never heard that before? I mean, what other possible conclusion could I have come to? Especially given the gibberish spilled here frequently?

So rather than accuse me of commenting without knowing his history, why dont you cut me some slack because I actually did look at his history as I WANTED to give him the benefit of the doubt. UNFORTUNATELY, that history isnt documented there, and that is neither my fault nor his, but it was ALL I had to go on. I acknowledged the breakdown and information and even stated I look forward to any other insights he can bring...geezus.

Lori, you just dont get it...I DID know the history of this guy, at least the history this message board has for him...he told me to look at it, so I did...thats the difference here. I commented on his DOCUMENTED history that HE told me to look at. I am sure, he isnt aware of it not being there either, or he wouldnt have said to do that.

What I didnt know is that history on this board has been compromised because of some wipeout that happened before I got here. So, am I just supposed to assume that there must have been some crash that caused the data to be lost when I have never heard that before? I mean, what other possible conclusion could I have come to? Especially given the gibberish spilled here frequently?

So rather than accuse me of commenting without knowing his history, why dont you cut me some slack because I actually did look at his history as I WANTED to give him the benefit of the doubt. UNFORTUNATELY, that history isnt documented there, and that is neither my fault nor his, but it was ALL I had to go on. I acknowledged the breakdown and information and even stated I look forward to any other insights he can bring...geezus.

Hey Alphapuppy,

I've run across you on several threads lately and you seem to love telling others that their post is repetitive or stupid or just generally shouldn't be on the board. If that's your opinion,fine,just move along. No reason to post a snide,"I'm smarter that you" post. If you want to discuss football,great,just drop the holier than thou attitude.

Hey Alphapuppy,

lol...

Maybe you should have Lori and Tiger watch that...there the ones jumping all over me for going off the very info the original poster had me lookup, despite the fact that I have already acknowledged this crash and said I look forward to this guys inside info.

This board is comical...at least it keeps the off season interesting.

Best part is that I got slammed for sharing direct inside info on Buffalos possible interest in Cassel several weeks ago, just to see it confirmed as possible interest in media outlets this past week.

lol...

Maybe you should have Lori and Tiger watch that...there the ones jumping all over me for going off the very info the original poster had me lookup, despite the fact that I have already acknowledged this crash and said I look forward to this guys inside info.

Best part is that I got slammed for sharing direct inside info on Buffalos possible interest in Cassel several weeks ago, just to see it confirmed as possible interest in media outlets this past week.

You seem to have this overwhelming need to be liked, to be right, to prove you're smarter than everyone, and to have the last word all the time - I'm guessing you get your ass kicked a lot.

I've run across you on several threads lately and you seem to love telling others that their post is repetitive or stupid or just generally shouldn't be on the board. If that's your opinion,fine,just move along. No reason to post a snide,"I'm smarter that you" post. If you want to discuss football,great,just drop the holier than thou attitude.

LMAO...you should read the whole threads...those are almost always in direct response to people who start making smart ass posts, insultive posts, outlandish posts (see any post by Poland for a perfect example). I OFTEN comment on how good peoples post are even when they are opposite opinnions of me.

But whatever...doesnt matter...time to move on...

You seem to have this overwhelming need to be liked, to be right, to prove you're smarter than everyone, and to have the last word all the time - I'm guessing you get your ass kicked a lot.

This is the kind of posts I come to expect from you Janitor...you never dissapoint. Thanks for illustrating my point of my previous post...you have quite the track record of posting stuff like this about all kinds of people in just about every thread you enter...nice work.

The only place I get my ass kicked is on the paintball field as I am 6'4" which makes finding cover a challenge...lol.

So much for moving on; you just proved Tigre's point. And I merely provided some additional background information in my first post in this thread. I haven't even come close to "jumping all over you" ... yet. Trust me, if/when it happens, you'll know.

Time to let gordon_g have his thread back. And that goes for everyone.

Gord,

Just out of curiousity, what kind of car do you drive?

Yeah, like he's going to answer that. What are you gonna do? Go to the Bills stadium parking lot and see if one of the employees has parked a car there? Puh-leaassee.

real question is what does Taylor comeing to Buffalo actualy mean...I cant see Lynch being suspended for more than 2 games if at all...Are the Bills really willing to cut Lynch for whats happened in the past 2 offseasons?...I might get flamed for this but here goes...a percentage of these players in the nfl are going to get into this kind of trouble...I dont mean gun trouble, just trouble in general...some of these guys just dont know how to stay out of trouble, but aslong as they arent killing ppl I dont see any reason to cut them for misdemeanors and such...anyways, theres no room on the rostor for another RB of starting calliber...if they were bringing in RB's to replace Omon I could see that, but thats a huge slap in the face to Taylor to be a 3rd RB

I dont see what Washington will bring to the Bills...we saw that Reed is a needed on the feild last season...Johnson looked as to be taking the 3rd WR spot and seems to have some talent...Hardy was a bit dissapointing but he could be better next season..I cant see Washington replacing any of our WR's at all...Maybe Jenkins, guess it comes down to wich is the better ST player and Jenkins was a very good ST player for the Bills.

I think if they sign him then Freddy or Marshawn are trade bait.

thats stupid...hes never done anything to show he'd mess up durring the actual season...its the offseasons where he has time to do other stuff besides play thats getting him into trouble...will I say he wont..no..but theres a risk that every player on the team will do something stupid on any day..should the bills house another 53 players somewhere just in case any of them do something stupid..I guess its just me, but aslong as hes not killing ppl, beating women or dealing drugs I have no problem with keeping his talent on the team..I guess if he sucked as a RB I might cut him lose and say good luck, but he doesnt suck .

Who gives a crap about in season or off season stupidity? Either way it will lead to suspensions. That's the problem.

As others have pointed out, a hard drive crash wiped out the Stadium Wall archive from Apr. 21, 2007 to Mar. 13, 2008. During the beginning of the 2008 free agency period, Mr. G. posted about player visits -- most notably Stroud's -- several hours before anyone in the media had that news. And yeah, because TSW had been burned by previous "inside" info, people gave him crap ... until his predictions started coming true.

My suggestion: be quiet, let the man speak, and pay attention to what he says. You might learn something interesting.

:thumbsup:

Let it go, it's over.

lol...

JUST-LET-IT-GO!!

No offense meant to you gordon g I appreciate your information because you are right the vast majority of the time but I'm guessing the reason you can get this info is because your G. Gordon Liddy. Just don't forget to take the tape off the door this time. :thumbsup:

Ok, back on topic.

I don't see what Buffalo could see in Washington to make them believe he will contribute more to the team than any of the wide receivers on the roster now.They just re-signed Jenkins and Washington's receiving stats are deplorable. Maybe he's a great STer. :thumbsup:

Ok, back on topic.

I don't see what Buffalo could see in Washington to make them believe he will contribute more to the team than any of the wide receivers on the roster now.They just re-signed Jenkins and Washington's receiving stats are deplorable. Maybe he's a great STer. :thumbsup:

I cant see any way that they see him as an upgrade at any WR on our roster that would see the field as an actual WR. So either one of WR's are on their way out, or this is just a ST interest...I suspect its the ST interest

Back to the subject at hand.

Firstly, Lynch at this point is a bit of a risk and we can't take any chances. If he messes up our season could go down the tubes. We need another running back. Proactive as an earlier poster said. Exactly.

Secondly, Jackson isn't going anywhere. He has to come back because he's restricted. The only way he doesn't come back is if he holds out. It will not come to that. He will sign because he has no leverage. He cannot sign with anyone else.

Thirdly, as was underscored last season in week 17 when Jackson was our only dependable back and the Bills drove him into the ground by the 4th quarter, we need another running back. Two dependable running backs isn't enough especially when it appears we will be doing lots of two back sets.

Finally, maybe Taylor signs with us and maybe not. Are we not supposed to at least try to sign him? His friendship with Stroud has been documented. If he had zero interest he wouldn't bother coming here. Maybe he's playing us for leverage and maybe not but the Bills should be commended for bringing him in.

This is the simplest game of connect the dots and everyone seems befuddled.