JP a good fit for the Jets

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If JP was any good he would have established that over 5 years of ample opportunity. If he is in a Battle of the Stars competition against many QBs where he just has to be an athlete and run and jump he would be very good. But that is not football. He lacks the mental ability to process things quickly, read defenses and make smart decisions. That has not gotten better with experience, it has actually regressed. Any team watching film on him has him pegged as a number two or three. You can get a free agent or later round QB like Drew Willy and expect the same product.

JP....nice guy but a bad QB. Major whiff and bust by the Donahoe regime.

Statistically, the jets would also be looking at 2 wins (10 in 5 years).

Yep...I'm sure Limp Dick would find a way to make the Bills look bad against a JP-led Jets....

"We weren't prepared for that QB of theirs and didn't have enough tape on him...it's hard to win in the NFL."

Past performance is the greatest indicator of future results.

See also: Dick Jauron :rolleyes:

Hard to argue with this JP has been a coach killer. Jauron is just lucky that JP didn't kill his career. I say it again JP has the physical tools but does not have the mental fortitude to play the game. I go back to what Bellicheat says it takes to win in the NFL:

• accuracy (JP has not proven to be - he can throw long but not the short and mid routes accurately)
  • decision making (JP Has been downright terrible when it comes to this)

We have been seduced by JP's athletic talents believing that he could somehow marry them to the above if he just had the chance. The guy has had five years in the league time enough to show his true self - as I believe he has.

John (NY): In case Farve doesnt come back next year, whats ur take on Clemons getting the start? Or should they look for someone else in the draft?

SportsNation KC Joyner: (4:57 PM ET ) Max Kellerman asked me this very question on ESPN Radio NYC a couple of weeks ago and my take then was the Jets should take a hard look at JP Losman. Losman's metrics have been great and he's a fiery guy who could rally the offense around him if given the chance. I'd take him over Clemens any day of the week.

Joyner's never wavered in his support for JP.

dont think this guy watched the same JP we did for the last 5 years. IMO i'm willing to bet JP might not even be in the league this year. if he is it will be as someone's third string guy and i would bet he is inactive more than he will be active on game days.

Hard to argue with this JP has been a coach killer. Jauron is just lucky that JP didn't kill his career. I say it again JP has the physical tools but does not have the mental fortitude to play the game. I go back to what Bellicheat says it takes to win in the NFL:

• accuracy (JP has not proven to be - he can throw long but not the short and mid routes accurately)

We have been seduced by JP's athletic talents believing that he could somehow marry them to the above if he just had the chance. The guy has had five years in the league time enough to show his true self - as I believe he has.

I knew that after three starts!!!

Be careful.....if JP went to the Jets AND had time to throw (Lord knows the Bills don't get phfft pressure on QB's), he just might, actually look like a quarterback.

I can't see it happening. I like JP, but his confidence is shot. He's been getting his ass kicked since college behind a hideous offensive line, and I don't think he really ever recovered from that.

JP has been in the league 5 years, however he has played in THREE DIFFERENT systems for THREE DIFFERENT Coaches and none of them took advantage of his strengths. He also has only played in about the same amount of games over 5 years as Trent Edwards has in 2. He was not put in position to show his true self. The people on this board that don't like JP may be right & he will never be any good, however if he gets in the right situation with the right team with GOOD Coaching he may yet be good, time will tell.

Hard to argue with this JP has been a coach killer. Jauron is just lucky that JP didn't kill his career.

JP had nothing to do with "killing" dick jauron's career. Jauron successfully killed his own career during him time in chicago.

JP will end up as a second-string QB on a club and will only play one game-- against the Bills--where he will whip our asses, then he will head back to the bench as his new team wins the Superbowl.

It has nothing at all to do with him or his skills. Buffalo is cursed.

JP has been in the league 5 years, however he has played in THREE DIFFERENT systems for THREE DIFFERENT Coaches and none of them took advantage of his strengths. He also has only played in about the same amount of games over 5 years as Trent Edwards has in 2. He was not put in position to show his true self. The people on this board that don't like JP may be right & he will never be any good, however if he gets in the right situation with the right team with GOOD Coaching he may yet be good, time will tell.

He has zero awareness, no poise, can only lock in on one reciever and has no pocket presence. Other than that he could be good :thumbsup:

We will find out soon. You can KEEP your poise & 11 TD's.

So JP could take over this offense "if given a chance"? Wow. Did he mean his next chance?

And I don't see how everyone thinks this he's such a great guy. He bought a house in Buffalo and picked up garbage once for a news story.

How about his penchant for blaming everyone else for his poor play? How about a guy who, all season sat alone on the bench or stalked the sidelines--moping behind that ridiculous beard? Every Offensive timeout, Hamdan was right there, next to Edwards and the OC, keeping his head in the game.

Overall, a shame.